The Qudelix-5K thread
Sep 5, 2020 at 3:40 PM Post #1,321 of 4,750
Default setting of "best effort" on my S10, mostly results in 660 kbs with Q5K. From experince with S10, 990 kbs usually stutters, so anyway I have to reduce it to 660.

I did try PEQ settings for several headphones (SE846, FiiO FH7, Beyerdynamic T5p). Eventually I prefer to leave EQ off. I listen to Tidal HiFi via UAPP, set to Bit Perfect.

I had that issue on my S9 with the ES100 where 990 just stuttered constantly so I left it on the default setting. With my V60, I still leave it on Best Effort (Adaptive Bit Rate) and the Qudelix app will show 990 moat of the time (sometimes 660 but then go back up to 990). At least with the V60, you dont need to force 990 in Developer Options to get 990. Works and sounds great. I found the BT connection/LDAC to work much better on the 5K vs. ES100 as well (even on my S9).

Sep 5, 2020 at 9:53 PM Post #1,324 of 4,750
I'm using a BTR5 and battery life is so so at only 7 odd hours. Any idea if Qudelix can double it.?
8 hours for balanced output and 25 for unbalanced. Measured for purpose at medium sound volume on QOA Pink Lady.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2020 at 2:22 PM Post #1,325 of 4,750
Just enter the gain values directly into the white boxes/fields using your phone's keyboard. To apply the changes you've made, you have to click/select another field before it takes effect (this needs improvement by the dev team). To save the values you've entered, click on the PEQ graph then a list of EQs will appear. Scroll down to one of the custom EQs (1-10) then long press/hold on the one that you wish to save the PEQ settings to (this whole process needs improvement as well, it's not intuitive and is convoluted). If successful, a popup will appear saying that it has been saved etc. Hope this helps.
question (and sorry if already posed and answered)... is it possible to change the names of Custom 1 - 10? It will be hard to remember which EQ setting is for what just by a numerical name...

Sep 6, 2020 at 3:43 PM Post #1,328 of 4,750
Per the forum, they're working on that and increasing the number of presets.

question (and sorry if already posed and answered)... is it possible to change the names of Custom 1 - 10? It will be hard to remember which EQ setting is for what just by a numerical name...

See the post by @Mouseman from two days ago (quoted above for.your reference).

Sep 8, 2020 at 3:55 AM Post #1,329 of 4,750
8 hours for balanced output and 25 for unbalanced. Measured for purpose at medium sound volume.

Nice stats.. thanks for that.

Did you notice a sufficient sound benefit in the balanced vs the unbalanced that would justify the trade off of battery life?

I know from a "technical perspective" balanced output should sound better than unbalanced, but just wondering whether the benefit is audible in reality in the Qudelix..

Sep 8, 2020 at 4:24 AM Post #1,330 of 4,750
I'm using a BTR5 and battery life is so so at only 7 odd hours. Any idea if Qudelix can double it.?

Recently measured the 5K (high performance, normal output) under the same condition (same load, codec and voltage) as BTR5 - get just a bit over 13hrs on 5K and 7.5hrs on BTR5.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2020 at 4:51 AM Post #1,331 of 4,750
Recently measured the 5K (high performance, normal output) under the same condition (same load, codec and voltage) as BTR5 - get just a bit over 13hrs on 5K and 7.5hrs on BTR5.
Wow this is really good. Thanks for the review, can I ask if you are using the 2.5mm balanced ?

Sep 8, 2020 at 4:54 AM Post #1,332 of 4,750
Nice stats.. thanks for that.

Did you notice a sufficient sound benefit in the balanced vs the unbalanced that would justify the trade off of battery life?

I know from a "technical perspective" balanced output should sound better than unbalanced, but just wondering whether the benefit is audible in reality in the Qudelix..
On the BTR5 there's alot of difference actually on the 2.5 it's alot louder and also sounded different. The 2.5 has more mids and body to it.

Sep 8, 2020 at 5:42 AM Post #1,333 of 4,750
Wow this is really good. Thanks for the review, can I ask if you are using the 2.5mm balanced ?

Both on 3.5mm single-ended output.

Sep 8, 2020 at 8:14 AM Post #1,334 of 4,750
Yes, I did. You know, the first time I compared them (balanced/unbalanced), the difference was there but not so much. Some time passed and it got drastic. To the balanced side. The bass became tighter/more controlled and more punchy. The highs got more brilliance (so to say). The sound stage widened. Don't know, but may be the subj needed some burn too. Or could be the first pair of IEMS I tried did not make a synergy with 5K. It's interesting to note that at one of the Russian audiophile forums somebody wrote that using an unbalanced output is a kinda "humiliation" for Qudelix 5K. Funny, huh? Another post inquired why everybody wouldn't use the 5K potential in full if it is available.:astonished:

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2020 at 10:59 AM Post #1,335 of 4,750

Is that 7 hours balanced? I usually get around 6-7 hours on my 5K since I usually fall asleep while listening to music using the 5K and it is dead by the time I wake up in the morning.

Your post made me curious so I checked this morning. Attached is my battery graph from this morning (from the Qudelix app) which shows I turned it on around the 450 min mark last night and it stopped around the 820 min mark. The 820-840 min mark is where my phone probably stopped transmitting because it was low on battery (I was out all day so my V60 was not fully charged) and the 840-860 min mark is where I turned it back on this morning to check the battery level and it was at 1% battery.

I use it with SE535s balanced at pretty low volume (-50db as you can see in the screenshot). I use Performance mode, which drains the battery faster. I also use LDAC (usually at 990). Others seem to be getting much better battery life than me which makes me a bit jealous but, to be honest, 6-7 hours is plenty for me. When traveling, I would probably take my SE846 which are unbalanced which would give me much more battery life.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200908-102342.png
    Screenshot_20200908-102342.png
    165.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20200908-104707.png
    Screenshot_20200908-104707.png
    126.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back