The Qudelix-5K thread
Jul 11, 2020 at 3:26 PM Post #1,023 of 4,753
can anyone screenshot the presets please? I didn't see any.
Tap the EQ curve area on the top half of the screen (I am using Android) The bottom half will show the presets and 10 custom profiles after the presets where you can save your own. I don't use EQ which is why you don't are the curve on my screenshots but clicking that area will get you to the presets.

Attachments

• 20200711_152203.jpg
    20200711_152203.jpg
    368.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20200711-152035_Qudelix.jpg
    Screenshot_20200711-152035_Qudelix.jpg
    305.9 KB · Views: 0
Jul 11, 2020 at 8:45 PM Post #1,024 of 4,753
I agree. I think there is a bug with the implementation that needs to get ironed out. I did post in the official forum and the responded to me with the below link, which was not very helpful and indicated they did not really understand my issue so I posted some screenshots there. Hopefully they can fix it.
If you're still having problems, try applying the beta version of firmware distributed for the Japanese Galaxians.
If the problem between your V60 and Q5k is just same as in Japanese Galaxy, it maybe fixed.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oNp_t0DIWUAwAeTNUBNnuDM30QQ49BTg/view?usp=sharing

This is hotfix for Japanese Galaxy, and those who have no problems don't need apply it.

Set INPUT-USB to 96Khz in Qudelix app, connect Q5k to PC, and run "run_dfu.bat"

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2020 at 12:04 AM Post #1,025 of 4,753
If you're still having problems, try applying the beta version of firmware distributed for the Japanese Galaxians.
If the problem between your V60 and Q5k is just same as in Japanese Galaxy, it maybe fixed.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oNp_t0DIWUAwAeTNUBNnuDM30QQ49BTg/view?usp=sharing

This is hotfix for Japanese Galaxy, and those who have no problems don't need apply it.

Set INPUT-USB to 96Khz in Qudelix app, connect Q5k to PC, and run "run_dfu.bat"
If I recall correctly, he Japanese Galaxy connected via LDAC but did not have any sound. My issue is that LDAC does not even show up with the 5K and V60. Here is the response from Qudelix on their official forum:

Appreciate your kind understanding.
As you may know, 5K DAC AMP is the world's first product that supports LDAC and aptX-Adaptive with QCC512x.
There might be a few interoperability issues.
We can't get V60 here since LG didn't release it officially in Korea.
Please give us some time.
Thanks!

I will give them some time. Does anyone here have a LG V60 who is able to use it with the 5K via LDAC? Want to make sure it is not just my unit. I still have my Galaxy S9 which works with the 5K via LDAC so my Galaxy S9 will be getting another lease on life for now.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2020 at 1:25 PM Post #1,027 of 4,753
Tap the EQ curve area on the top half of the screen (I am using Android) The bottom half will show the presets and 10 custom profiles after the presets where you can save your own. I don't use EQ which is why you don't are the curve on my screenshots but clicking that area will get you to the presets.
Thanks so much!

Jul 14, 2020 at 10:06 AM Post #1,028 of 4,753
Thought I would post here first before the Qudelix forum. I have a Pixel 2 running the latest Android and the app doesn't seem to communicating with the device. I can make various changes in the app (e.g., equalizer, volume) but no change actually takes place and settings don't stick after close. I can't see status indictors like the battery graph either.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2020 at 10:31 AM Post #1,029 of 4,753
Thought I would post here first before the Qudelix forum. I have a Pixel 2 running the latest Android and the app doesn't seem to communicating with the device. I can make various changes in the app (e.g., equalizer, volume) but no change actually takes place and settings don't stick after close. I can't see status indictors like the battery graph either.
I've had this issue quite a bit; what seems to solve it is to quit the app and make sure the 5K isn't connected to any other devices except the phone and then start up the app again.

Jul 14, 2020 at 10:32 AM Post #1,030 of 4,753
I've had this issue quite a bit; what seems to solve it is to quit the app and make sure the 5K isn't connected to any other devices except the phone and then start up the app again.

Thanks, I just uninstalled the app, erased the Bluetooth connection, and reset the device. Everything seems to be working again.

I wonder why the app doesn't automatically connect when the device connects to the phone via Bluetooth.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2020 at 12:09 PM Post #1,031 of 4,753
Connection to the phone and app appear to be separate which is why you need to pair them separately. I do wish it were more seamless but I dont really find myself going into the app these days.

Jul 15, 2020 at 10:36 PM Post #1,032 of 4,753
Here is my solution to 5K less than practical shirt clip design. Search Aliexpeess for "magnetic name tag holder" for similar product, but remember to keep the size in mind as you'll want something small enough to stick to the back of 5K.

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

Jul 15, 2020 at 11:17 PM Post #1,033 of 4,753
Here is my solution to 5K less than practical shirt clip design. Search Aliexpeess for "magnetic name tag holder" for similar product, but remember to keep the size in mind as you'll want something small enough to stick to the back of 5K.

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

Does that polarize all of the audio in one direction? :wink: :ksc75smile:

Jul 16, 2020 at 12:29 AM Post #1,034 of 4,753

That's an interesting idea. I was wondering what could be done for straight jacks, especially 2.5mm. I wonder if there are cheap, short right angle 2.5mm balanced extenders anywhere, like there are for 3.5mm. Is that even possible for balanced?

Jul 16, 2020 at 1:12 AM Post #1,035 of 4,753
That's an interesting idea. I was wondering what could be done for straight jacks, especially 2.5mm. I wonder if there are cheap, short right angle 2.5mm balanced extenders anywhere, like there are for 3.5mm. Is that even possible for balanced?
I have been searching for a small right angled 2.5mm plug to use on custom cable but so far fail to find a suitable solution, at least not a simple one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back