The Qudelix-5K thread
Dec 11, 2019 at 10:26 AM Post #196 of 4,753
Every time I drop by here I have to cue up Carly Simon's "Anticipation":grinning: @kukkurovaca , would be a hoot if he could design a full size (but thin, thinking my Topping NX2 here) variation of the K5 for stacking:beerchug:

Dec 11, 2019 at 11:53 AM Post #197 of 4,753
Its getting quite on the qudelix any new news available?

Dec 11, 2019 at 1:50 PM Post #198 of 4,753
Its getting quite on the qudelix any new news available?
Production doesn't start til Feb/March so expect release not until at least April.

Dec 11, 2019 at 1:54 PM Post #199 of 4,753
Production doesn't start til Feb/March so expect release not until at least April.

Guaranteed to be more timely than Trinity Audio ever was:open_mouth: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::beerchug:

Dec 11, 2019 at 3:25 PM Post #202 of 4,753
Even though a hair larger I like it's more industrial looks and for sure the 3.5/2.5 sockets on top vs. the side entry which for me and my ES100 gets bumped far more than on top:beerchug: I did not even mention the real upgrades:rolling_eyes:

Since we are here let's just marvel this little beauty again:grin: This is not helping my anticipation at all:smirk:

I mean it absolutely looks like "Pheasant Under Glass" or like a little city is going on in there:thinking:

Quick, someone reel Pod back in as he's losing it:laughing: OK I admit I gotz issues but seriously what's not to like:yum:

Did I mention it has like "One Million" hours battery life!

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2019 at 4:47 PM Post #203 of 4,753
I just miss a LED for codec being used and estimated weight, other than that a dream come true, will wait keenly until April.

Dec 11, 2019 at 4:58 PM Post #204 of 4,753
Apart from battery life what makes this better than BTR5?

Thanks

Dec 11, 2019 at 5:14 PM Post #206 of 4,753
Apart from battery life what makes this better than BTR5?

Thanks

Well you do have a point but let's compare, assuming you have this page for the BTR?

Qudelix-5K Reference DAC/AMP
  • Qualcomm QCC5124 Bluetooth System-on-Chip
  • Dual ES9218P SABRE HiFi® DAC
    • 3.5mm Unbalanced output max. 2.0V RMS
    • 2.5mm Balanced output max. 4.0V RMS
  • aptX Adaptive, LDAC, AAC, aptX-HD, aptX, aptX-LL, SBC
  • Max. 21 hours battery time / 500mA Battery
  • High-Resolution USB DAC 96KHz / 24-bit
  • 20-band Double Precision PEQ/GEQ
  • High Sensitivity Flexible PCB Antenna
  • Qualcomm® cVc™ noise cancellation technology
    • High Sensitivity MEMS Microphone
    • Earphone Inline Remote/Mic. Support
  • Companion mobile app iOS/Android
Qualcomm QCC5124
The new Qualcomm® Low Power Bluetooth SoC QCC5100 series is designed for advanced Bluetooth application. The breakthrough SoC series is engineered to reduce power consumption by up to 65 percent for both voice calls and music streaming, compared to previous CSR8675 solution. It is designed to reduce power consumption dramatically and offers enhanced processing capabilities.

Qudelix-5K is the world 1st Bluetooth DAC/AMP designed with QCC512x chipset. QCC512x's ultra-low power consumption and the most powerful DSP capability enable Qudelix-5K to maintain high bitrate LDAC streaming more secure and for a longer time.

Bluetooth Audio Codecs
The Qudelix-5K is the world's 1st Bluetooth DAC/AMP to support all the latest codec technologies, including aptX Adaptive, LDAC, AAC, aptX HD, aptX Low Latency, aptX, and SBC.

2000_5db266a31f3ca.png

aptX Adaptive is Qualcomm next generation dynamically adjustable audio codec designed to deliver robust, low-latency, low-bit rate, high quality wireless audio. *aptX and aptX-HD are also supported.

For more Information : aptX Adaptive

2000_5db266dcc4f7b.png

Sony's LDAC™ is a new audio technology from Sony that allows you to enjoy high quality wireless audio via Bluetooth. With 3x the data transmitted, LDAC provides an enhanced wireless listening experience for all your music.

*LDAC and LDAC logo are trademarks of Sony Corporation. Qudelix is an official Technical Partner of SONY LDAC.

2000_5db2671cbe726.png
Advanced Audio Coding (AAC) is an audio coding standard for lossy digital audio compression. Designed to be the successor of the MP3 format, AAC generally achieves better sound quality than MP3 at the same bit rate.

2000_5db26818a6457.jpeg

Dual ES9218P

ES9218P is a high-performance 32-bit audio SABRE HiFi® D/A Converter with Quad DAC™ Technology, headphone amplifier, and analog volume control designed for the audiophile-grade application.

Qudelix-5K, integrated with two ES9218P, delivers the best in class sound quality.

Four DAC modes
To provide more extended battery time, Qudelix-5K works with single ES9218P for the 3.5mm unbalanced output.

For the 2.5mm balanced output, dual ES9218P, one for each channel, deliver the doubled output voltage through the full differential direct signal path.

Also, users can limit the maximum output voltage to reduce extra power consumption and extend the battery time.

• 3.5mm Unbalanced (single ES9218P)
    • 1.0V RMS mode (21H)
    • 2.0V RMS mode (16H)
  • 2.5mm Unbalanced (dual ES9218P)
    • 2.0V RMS mode (13H)
    • 4.0V RMS mode (9H)
*Quoted playback time based on using the AAC codec, 3.5mm unbalanced output.

8 x DAC Filters
Every Oversampling D/A Converter needs a digital low pass filter before D/A conversion. And the filters make the difference in sound signature, not the sound quality.

ES9218P provides eight different types of digital filters, and Qudelix-5K supports the users to select one of them for the best fit to their receivers and sources.

• Linear phase fast roll-off
  • Linear phase slow roll-off
  • Minimum phase fast roll-off
  • Minimum phase slow roll-off
  • Apodizing fast roll-off filter type 1
  • Apodizing fast roll-off filter type 2
  • Hybrid fast roll-off
  • Brick wall
Dual Precision Audio Clock
Qudelix 5K adapts dual MEMS oscillators, which deliver the best clock precision at lower power consumption than the conventional quartz oscillator.

USB DAC 96KHz / 24bit
Qudelix-5K supports 96KHZ/24-bit USB audio streaming. (No additional driver needed.)

You can have it charging and streaming at the same time with your PC or laptop while keeping the Bluetooth link with a smartphone and/or controlling every feature of Qudelix-5K through the companion mobile application.

Any incoming sound alert or call ringing from smartphone will be automatically routed to Qudelix-5K, even when you listen to music through Qudelix-5K USB DAC.

Hybrid Volume Control with 0.5dB step
ES9218p has the built-in Programmable Gain Amplifier (PGA), which control the output level in the analog domain after D/A conversion. Qudelix-5K offers systemwide high precision 0.5dB step volume control capability through PGA and Digital Gain control, keeping the optimal sound quality even at the lower volume level. Furthermore, with the companion mobile application, you can set other details on optimizing the listening environment to the best.

• 0.5dB step Master Volume -60dB to 0dB with PGA and Digital
  • L, R Volume trim & offset control
  • Max. Volume limit option
  • Smart Volume Optimization for the best Signal to Noise Ratio
Clear Voice Call
Qudelix-5K, integrated with built-in MEMS microphone, supports Qualcomm® cVc™ noise cancellation technology. The MEMS microphone delivers 4~6dB higher performance than a conventional condenser microphone.

Qualcomm® cVc™ noise cancellation technology brings advanced audio enhancements and noise suppression to the near and far end, and provides packet loss and bit error concealment.

Flexible PCB Antenna
Compared to small size chip antenna, Flexible PCB Antenna provides more space and length for better RF performance.

Qudelix-5K adopts FPCB antenna technology and offers enhanced RF performance.

Inline Microphone & Remote Control
Qudelix-5K support the inline microphone and remote control optionally.

OTA(Over-The-Air) Firmware Update
The companion mobile app can update the Qudelix 5K F/W over Bluetooth Link.

DAC/AMP is no longer just a simple receiver or adapter, but an independent system that operates with complicated embedded software. We value our software and want to upgrade it together with the users.

This looks fun as well:grin:

2000_5dbad7c8c1f98.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2019 at 5:50 PM Post #207 of 4,753
Well you do have a point but let's compare, assuming you have this page for the BTR?

Qudelix-5K Reference DAC/AMP
  • Qualcomm QCC5124 Bluetooth System-on-Chip
  • Dual ES9218P SABRE HiFi® DAC
    • 3.5mm Unbalanced output max. 2.0V RMS
    • 2.5mm Balanced output max. 4.0V RMS
  • aptX Adaptive, LDAC, AAC, aptX-HD, aptX, aptX-LL, SBC
  • Max. 21 hours battery time / 500mA Battery
  • High-Resolution USB DAC 96KHz / 24-bit
  • 20-band Double Precision PEQ/GEQ
  • High Sensitivity Flexible PCB Antenna
  • Qualcomm® cVc™ noise cancellation technology
    • High Sensitivity MEMS Microphone
    • Earphone Inline Remote/Mic. Support
  • Companion mobile app iOS/Android
Qualcomm QCC5124
The new Qualcomm® Low Power Bluetooth SoC QCC5100 series is designed for advanced Bluetooth application. The breakthrough SoC series is engineered to reduce power consumption by up to 65 percent for both voice calls and music streaming, compared to previous CSR8675 solution. It is designed to reduce power consumption dramatically and offers enhanced processing capabilities.

Qudelix-5K is the world 1st Bluetooth DAC/AMP designed with QCC512x chipset. QCC512x's ultra-low power consumption and the most powerful DSP capability enable Qudelix-5K to maintain high bitrate LDAC streaming more secure and for a longer time.

Bluetooth Audio Codecs
The Qudelix-5K is the world's 1st Bluetooth DAC/AMP to support all the latest codec technologies, including aptX Adaptive, LDAC, AAC, aptX HD, aptX Low Latency, aptX, and SBC.

2000_5db266a31f3ca.png

aptX Adaptive is Qualcomm next generation dynamically adjustable audio codec designed to deliver robust, low-latency, low-bit rate, high quality wireless audio. *aptX and aptX-HD are also supported.

For more Information : aptX Adaptive

2000_5db266dcc4f7b.png

Sony's LDAC™ is a new audio technology from Sony that allows you to enjoy high quality wireless audio via Bluetooth. With 3x the data transmitted, LDAC provides an enhanced wireless listening experience for all your music.

*LDAC and LDAC logo are trademarks of Sony Corporation. Qudelix is an official Technical Partner of SONY LDAC.

2000_5db2671cbe726.png
Advanced Audio Coding (AAC) is an audio coding standard for lossy digital audio compression. Designed to be the successor of the MP3 format, AAC generally achieves better sound quality than MP3 at the same bit rate.

2000_5db26818a6457.jpeg

Dual ES9218P

ES9218P is a high-performance 32-bit audio SABRE HiFi® D/A Converter with Quad DAC™ Technology, headphone amplifier, and analog volume control designed for the audiophile-grade application.

Qudelix-5K, integrated with two ES9218P, delivers the best in class sound quality.

Four DAC modes
To provide more extended battery time, Qudelix-5K works with single ES9218P for the 3.5mm unbalanced output.

For the 2.5mm balanced output, dual ES9218P, one for each channel, deliver the doubled output voltage through the full differential direct signal path.

Also, users can limit the maximum output voltage to reduce extra power consumption and extend the battery time.

• 3.5mm Unbalanced (single ES9218P)
    • 1.0V RMS mode (21H)
    • 2.0V RMS mode (16H)
  • 2.5mm Unbalanced (dual ES9218P)
    • 2.0V RMS mode (13H)
    • 4.0V RMS mode (9H)
*Quoted playback time based on using the AAC codec, 3.5mm unbalanced output.

8 x DAC Filters
Every Oversampling D/A Converter needs a digital low pass filter before D/A conversion. And the filters make the difference in sound signature, not the sound quality.

ES9218P provides eight different types of digital filters, and Qudelix-5K supports the users to select one of them for the best fit to their receivers and sources.

• Linear phase fast roll-off
  • Linear phase slow roll-off
  • Minimum phase fast roll-off
  • Minimum phase slow roll-off
  • Apodizing fast roll-off filter type 1
  • Apodizing fast roll-off filter type 2
  • Hybrid fast roll-off
  • Brick wall
Dual Precision Audio Clock
Qudelix 5K adapts dual MEMS oscillators, which deliver the best clock precision at lower power consumption than the conventional quartz oscillator.

USB DAC 96KHz / 24bit
Qudelix-5K supports 96KHZ/24-bit USB audio streaming. (No additional driver needed.)

You can have it charging and streaming at the same time with your PC or laptop while keeping the Bluetooth link with a smartphone and/or controlling every feature of Qudelix-5K through the companion mobile application.

Any incoming sound alert or call ringing from smartphone will be automatically routed to Qudelix-5K, even when you listen to music through Qudelix-5K USB DAC.

Hybrid Volume Control with 0.5dB step
ES9218p has the built-in Programmable Gain Amplifier (PGA), which control the output level in the analog domain after D/A conversion. Qudelix-5K offers systemwide high precision 0.5dB step volume control capability through PGA and Digital Gain control, keeping the optimal sound quality even at the lower volume level. Furthermore, with the companion mobile application, you can set other details on optimizing the listening environment to the best.

• 0.5dB step Master Volume -60dB to 0dB with PGA and Digital
  • L, R Volume trim & offset control
  • Max. Volume limit option
  • Smart Volume Optimization for the best Signal to Noise Ratio
Clear Voice Call
Qudelix-5K, integrated with built-in MEMS microphone, supports Qualcomm® cVc™ noise cancellation technology. The MEMS microphone delivers 4~6dB higher performance than a conventional condenser microphone.

Qualcomm® cVc™ noise cancellation technology brings advanced audio enhancements and noise suppression to the near and far end, and provides packet loss and bit error concealment.

Flexible PCB Antenna
Compared to small size chip antenna, Flexible PCB Antenna provides more space and length for better RF performance.

Qudelix-5K adopts FPCB antenna technology and offers enhanced RF performance.

Inline Microphone & Remote Control
Qudelix-5K support the inline microphone and remote control optionally.

OTA(Over-The-Air) Firmware Update
The companion mobile app can update the Qudelix 5K F/W over Bluetooth Link.

DAC/AMP is no longer just a simple receiver or adapter, but an independent system that operates with complicated embedded software. We value our software and want to upgrade it together with the users.

This looks fun as well:grin:

2000_5dbad7c8c1f98.jpg

The BTR5 can go up to 32bit/384Khz and decode DSD as well. The Qudelix will appear to use the Qualcomm chip which if it is true it will be 24bit/96khz, then it would be good for Tidal and such, but not anything bigger like 24bit/192khz. That's assuming you'll use it as a USB DAC.

On Bluetooth, it will be all about the implementation. The BTR5 only use one DAC when using the 3.5mm. If the Qudelix will use both, then that would be a difference.

Dec 11, 2019 at 5:59 PM Post #208 of 4,753
The BTR5 can go up to 32bit/384Khz and decode DSD as well. The Qudelix will appear to use the Qualcomm chip which if it is true it will be 24bit/96khz, then it would be good for Tidal and such, but not anything bigger like 24bit/192khz. That's assuming you'll use it as a USB DAC.

On Bluetooth, it will be all about the implementation. The BTR5 only use one DAC when using the 3.5mm. If the Qudelix will use both, then that would be a difference.

Well you also have an excellent point should you be using the device as just a Hi-Res file DAC however my use is just for my wife's "ball & Chain" in my case the iPhone 6 which seems to be my main portable/travel device on account of a missed call be likened to the event in the movie "San Andreas" while my 5,6,7 or maybe even 8 DAP's collect dust in favor of the communicator :rolling_eyes:

Dec 11, 2019 at 6:09 PM Post #209 of 4,753
Well you also have an excellent point should you be using the device as just a Hi-Res file DAC however my use is just for my wife's "ball & Chain" in my case the iPhone 6 which seems to be my main portable/travel device on account of a missed call be likened to the event in the movie "San Andreas" while my 5,6,7 or maybe even 8 DAP's collect dust in favor of the communicator :rolling_eyes:

Haha, my wife was psycho like that. She’d send a very low priority non-emergency text (like “don’t forget to pick up milk on your way home after work”). Then 1 minute later she would follow up the text with a phone call asking me if I got the text.

And if I happened to have missed the text as well as the follow up call regarding the text (because I was say, in a business meeting), she’d phone the receptionist at my work and ask to have me paged over the ceiling intercom system. I’d excuse myself from the meeting and call her back, expecting to find out about some urgent emergency (such as the house is on fire, aliens just blew up the moon, or your dad just had a heart attack and is being rushed to the hospital). Instead, she’d ask if I had gotten the text message she sent earlier.

Geesh

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2019 at 6:21 PM Post #210 of 4,753
Haha, my wife was psycho like that. She’d send a very low priority non-emergency text (like “don’t forget to pick up milk on your way home after work”). Then 1 minute later she would follow up the text with a phone call asking me if I got the text.

And if I happened to have missed the text as well as the follow up call regarding the text (because I was say, in a business meeting), she’d phone the receptionist at my work and ask to have me paged over the ceiling intercom system. I’d excuse myself from the meeting and call her back, expecting to find out about some urgent emergency (such as the house is on fire, aliens just blew up the moon, or your dad just had a heart attack and is being rushed to the hospital). Instead, she’d ask if I had gotten the text message she sent earlier.

Geesh

Yes, I call that the world according to her:rolling_eyes: My favorite is when you can't reach them for 5 or 6 calls/texts and once you do it's no big deal:smirk: (insert lame excuse here):open_mouth:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back