The Qudelix-5K thread
Jun 7, 2023 at 9:56 PM Post #4,037 of 4,807
Oh ok. Whats the best streaming service? The most i saw is 320kbps on deezer
Apple Music is lossless up to 24bit/192khz. I use Apple Music. The Apple dongles only do up to 24/48, but that’s still better than 256kbps AAC.

Jun 7, 2023 at 10:00 PM Post #4,039 of 4,807
I dont have an apple phone im just curious whats the absolute highest kbps service there is
Tidal, Apple Music, Amazon, Qobuz. There are lots of hi-res lossless music services now. I wouldn’t worry too much about stuff above 24/96, or even 24/48.

Also, Apple Music can be used on android now too.

Jun 8, 2023 at 3:29 PM Post #4,040 of 4,807
Why not just charge the 5k and use its bluetooth?

Cause I’d rather get lossless audio, not 256kbps AAC. The Qudelix is the best way to get EQ on iOS.

Isn't there a setting in the Q5K app, for it to operate as a USB DAC, without charging from the source?
That should allow you to operate your phone from its battery, and the Q5K from its battery, until the Q5K runs down - without pulling any charge from your phone.

Jun 8, 2023 at 3:32 PM Post #4,041 of 4,807
Isn't there a setting in the Q5K app, for it to operate as a USB DAC, without charging from the source?
That should allow you to operate your phone from its battery, and the Q5K from its battery, until the Q5K runs down - without pulling any charge from your phone.
Idk. The only way I’ve been able to use it with the iPhone is to turn off charging in the Qudelix app, but it still pulls the power to actually operate the 5K. The phone powers the 5K just like it’s a batteryless dongle and drains the phone battery kind of quickly. Probably at least twice as fast as just using the Apple dongle.

Jun 8, 2023 at 3:37 PM Post #4,042 of 4,807
Idk. The only way I’ve been able to use it with the iPhone is to turn off charging in the Qudelix app, but it still pulls the power to actually operate the 5K. The phone powers the 5K just like it’s a batteryless dongle and drains the phone battery kind of quickly. Probably at least twice as fast as just using the Apple dongle.

Have you tried powering ON the Q5K - before connecting it to the phone?

Jun 8, 2023 at 4:07 PM Post #4,043 of 4,807
Have you tried powering ON the Q5K - before connecting it to the phone?
I’d have to try that again to confirm.

I’ve had it set to auto power on when connected as a DAC. But I’ll have to try to power it on first and see what it does. I’m going to guess that’ll it’ll behave the same though after it’s plugged in.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2023 at 5:04 PM Post #4,045 of 4,807
I don't see a USB Connected mode that does not draw power in the 5K's online manual.

SEE "Power & Battery Management"

https://www.qudelix.com/pages/forum?p=post/usb-dac-with-mobile-phone-11809482?highlight=usb%20dac%20mode%20charging&pid=1327025786
Yea. So it’s always going to draw USB power to power the device.
IMG_0878.jpeg

Jun 14, 2023 at 10:26 PM Post #4,046 of 4,807
So I’m pretty new to the calculation side of things, and I was wondering what exactly the dBSPL means - is that a theoretical average or maximum? I’d love to use the Qudelix to protect my hearing as I get more into hifi, but I can’t find anywhere what exactly that number represents!

Jun 20, 2023 at 3:45 AM Post #4,047 of 4,807
Does anybody with Q5k experience sound quality degradation in HIGH output power mode (2Vrms in unbalanced and 4Vrms in balanced)?

Normal Output Power sounds better than the High Output power.

When using High Output power, my music sounds like they are behind a thin veil and makes the music sounds suppressed. This issue is the same on both balanced and unbalanced output.

Anybody else can help confirm this? The iems I’m using is very easy to drive as well. Moondrop blessing 2 and moondrop variations.

Switching from normal to high, I can clearly hear the sounds changed to a more suppressed sounds and no matter how long I wait for it to “ramp up” it does not change at all.

Switching from high to normal, the change of sound is immediate. I can immediately hear that my music becomes more fuller and much more punchier.

Any thoughts?

Jun 20, 2023 at 4:08 AM Post #4,048 of 4,807
Does anybody with Q5k experience sound quality degradation in HIGH output power mode (2Vrms in unbalanced and 4Vrms in balanced)?

Normal Output Power sounds better than the High Output power.

When using High Output power, my music sounds like they are behind a thin veil and makes the music sounds suppressed. This issue is the same on both balanced and unbalanced output.

Anybody else can help confirm this? The iems I’m using is very easy to drive as well. Moondrop blessing 2 and moondrop variations.

Switching from normal to high, I can clearly hear the sounds changed to a more suppressed sounds and no matter how long I wait for it to “ramp up” it does not change at all.

Switching from high to normal, the change of sound is immediate. I can immediately hear that my music becomes more fuller and much more punchier.

Any thoughts?
I confirm, I also experienced the same thing when I owned it

Jun 21, 2023 at 12:54 AM Post #4,050 of 4,807
614de537ea516c274f9c95e722fbf9d5.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back