The Qudelix-5K thread
Feb 25, 2020 at 6:39 AM Post #331 of 4,753
Is this exclusively to be used with a phone app or something?
My main use will be for TV and HTPC so some built-in functionality like codec type would be useful.
It might be soon to ask but I'd like to better be safe than sorry before the kickstarter campaign.

Feb 25, 2020 at 6:46 AM Post #332 of 4,753
Is this exclusively to be used with a phone app or something?
My main use will be for TV and HTPC so some built-in functionality like codec type would be useful.
It might be soon to ask but I'd like to better be safe than sorry before the kickstarter campaign.

The app will allow you to customize different setting - but you like any BT adapter, you don't need to use the app to use the BT adapter itself (which will leave it with its default setting). Of course you can also change the setting once and leave it as it is. It will remember the changed setting after restart.

Your TV / HTPC will determine what codec it will use (most likely just SBC), the BT adapter itself usually doesn't determine what codec to use (unless you disable certain codec on the BT adapter, though you can't disable SBC).

Feb 25, 2020 at 8:40 PM Post #334 of 4,753
Remeber your BT Tx needs to support aptX Adaptive as well.

Apr 2, 2020 at 1:01 AM Post #339 of 4,753
Can this work as a transmitter too? Like, I have APTX-HD & LDAC cans but no transmission sources. It would be sick if I could usb into my computer and do wireless hi(ish) res
No

Apr 5, 2020 at 12:51 AM Post #340 of 4,753
Fiio BTR5 and Qudelix 5k:
https://www.qudelix.com/forum/what-is-difrrent-between-qudelix-5k-and-fiio-btr5

2000_5e8949018da39.jpg

Apr 15, 2020 at 6:29 AM Post #342 of 4,753
Apr 15, 2020 at 11:19 AM Post #344 of 4,753
1586963911832.png

there is a new picture on the front page and it seems like the buttons are illuminated one is red one is blue

Apr 15, 2020 at 12:49 PM Post #345 of 4,753
1586963911832.png

there is a new picture on the front page and it seems like the buttons are illuminated one is red one is blue
I’m feeling really good about the 5K at this point - one of a very few things I’m hopeful about right now. The app looks slick and informative, the PCB seems solid and clean (not that I know anything about engineering, it’s just obvious when the electronics is well spaced and organized).

I’m tempted by many competitors, be it the newer BT receivers from Fiio and Shanling or small DAPs that support LDAC sink function like the new Hidisz AP80 Pro, etc. But I keep forcing myself to close those tabs because I have a strong belief the 5K is the most interesting wireless thing on the horizon right now. That and the Nuraloop, which I should be getting within the next few weeks.

I also postpone switching phones because too few support aptX adaptive and that’s such a precious feature of the 5K.

Last but not least, because of how structured, competent and open Qudelix appear to me, I just find their product appealing because the brand appeals to me. Good job there, getting me to like a brand before it’s even released its first product!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back