The Qudelix-5K thread
Feb 8, 2022 at 12:38 PM Post #2,941 of 4,906
I'm used Qudelix almost from prepaid - on begining very dissapointing me - no PEQ !! But over a few update add PEQ and is the firt one in portables ampli/dac in world !

Feb 8, 2022 at 1:44 PM Post #2,943 of 4,906
With little to no interest in EQ what would be a better BT dongle for SQ alone?
I'm inclined to say the ifi Go Blu is the most talked about BT dongle right now.

Feb 8, 2022 at 2:08 PM Post #2,944 of 4,906
Doesn't it have horrible BT reception and only source volume control instead of separate for source and amp gain as everyone else. No screen, no app, how to tell what codec and bitrate is playing?

Feb 8, 2022 at 2:10 PM Post #2,945 of 4,906
Feb 8, 2022 at 2:11 PM Post #2,946 of 4,906
Doesn't it have horrible BT reception and only source volume control instead of separate for source and amp gain as everyone else. No screen, no app, how to tell what codec and bitrate is playing?

You did say SQ alone... :k701smile:

Feb 8, 2022 at 2:17 PM Post #2,947 of 4,906
Last edited:
Feb 8, 2022 at 2:20 PM Post #2,948 of 4,906
Everyone happy with their 5K? I've had the BRT5 (old version) and UTWS5 (faulty) and wondering if I should go for the 5K over the Go Blu (which my coworker has).

Any thoughts appreciated.

EDIT: I'm also considering using the $130 I have from the return of the UTWS5 (since I can't currently buy it) and put it towards the purchase of the Cayin RU6.
I'm very happy with my 5K and have been since I bought it at launch. I almost went for the BTR5 over the 5K but now I'm very glad I chose the latter. No idea about the UTWS5 tho. For the money, why not give the 5K a go?

Feb 8, 2022 at 2:24 PM Post #2,949 of 4,906
I'm very happy with my 5K and have been since I bought it at launch. I almost went for the BTR5 over the 5K but now I'm very glad I chose the latter. No idea about the UTWS5 tho. For the money, why not give the 5K a go?
if i could find anything for sale i would!

Feb 8, 2022 at 3:02 PM Post #2,951 of 4,906
Feb 8, 2022 at 3:16 PM Post #2,952 of 4,906
I like the 5K better than the Go Blu. It’s more precise, better controlled. The Blu is warmer, a bit looser. You could look into the Shanling UP5. There’s a real possibility nothing out there is better in the realm of BT dongles. When I want better quality than the Qudelix, I bust out my Cayin N3Pro in BT mode…

Feb 8, 2022 at 3:21 PM Post #2,953 of 4,906
Qudelix, on the other hand, is a new company started by the person who is known to many as just the the very impressive guy who designed the ES100 and left Radsone.

Fixed that for ya! :sunglasses:

Feb 8, 2022 at 3:29 PM Post #2,954 of 4,906
I also had an UTWS5 (2 Pin Version) before, which was faulty. It had intermediate cutouts in the right channel. Returned it and got myself the Qudelix 5K for using my Monarch MK2 on the go. I find it to be very good sounding, very close in terms of SQ to my iFi iDSD Signature. BT stability is rock solid with my iPhone 11. Also it has 0 Noise floor.

When comparing the Qudelix 5K to the iFi Sig (both wired) I find the iFi to have slightly weightier base impact and a little bit more emphasis in the base region in general, although the difference is shockingly small considering the Sig costs about 6 times as much.

Therefore I can strongly recommend the Qudelix 5K, even for home use.

The 5K is the BEST device I have used so far from an BT standpoint, the AAC implementation is top notch. No artifacts and the difference in detail to being wired even when using the high resolution Monarch MK2 is very, very hard to notice.

Feb 8, 2022 at 3:36 PM Post #2,955 of 4,906
The 5K has very good sound quality (vanishingly small difference to other BT dongles), excellent range, consistent and continuing developer support… The app, while being a bit complex, is quite useful. And, while right now you don’t care about / want EQ, you could think about it as “future proofing” in case you change your mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back