The Postal Service anyone?
Jan 20, 2005 at 6:10 AM Post #31 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
Have you heard the track with his vocals on the new Styrofoam album? It's great.
cool.gif

no, i haven't. i'll check it out. thanks for the heads up!

Jan 23, 2005 at 9:51 AM Post #32 of 42
Another similar band that no one has mentioned is Home Video. "Dialog Box" and "We" are excelent tracks. Kinda like Postal Service but with smoother vocals and Warp Record beats. You can hear all their songs at...

http://www.warprecords.com/bleep/

Jan 23, 2005 at 2:50 PM Post #33 of 42
i didin't like IDM much until Dntel,

personally I think "This is the dream of evan and chan" is worlds away and better than anything off of the Postal Service album.

the older deathcab stuff is much better. "Something about airplanes" is great, even though the title has to be the most pretentious indy work lame emo name for an album ever.

"we have the facts and we're voting yes" is almost as bad named, but equally as good album.

Aug 31, 2005 at 4:09 AM Post #36 of 42
Ben Gibbard promised on an mtv.com interview that there will be a second postal service cd. I hope that means in the next year but I doubt it b/c DCFC's new album just came out today.

Their Give Up single is the theme song for Grey's Anatomy, I heard.

It's a fantastic cd. Totally the style of music I dig. Not too electronic that it drags on for 8 minutes, it has words, and there are catchy melodies with an overall melancholy to the whole album that somehow manages to be uplifting. Anyone duplicate their sound besides the bands mentioned?

Aug 31, 2005 at 4:14 AM Post #37 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by pufftissue
It's a fantastic cd. Totally the style of music I dig. Not too electronic that it drags on for 8 minutes, it has words, and there are catchy melodies with an overall melancholy to the whole album that somehow manages to be uplifting. Anyone duplicate their sound besides the bands mentioned?

Definately what I feel when I listen to this band. I didn't even think it was electronica until I thought about it
280smile.gif

Sep 1, 2005 at 7:10 AM Post #40 of 42
You may also like Lali Puna. Their last album proper, Faking the Books is probably a good place to start. It also features rather prominently Markus Acher from Notwist, if you ended up liking them (I like them a lot more than Postal Service, myself).

Sep 1, 2005 at 12:25 PM Post #41 of 42
Yeah, I saw Lali Puna live a while back and they had Markus playing bass for them.
wink.gif

Sep 2, 2005 at 3:48 AM Post #42 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by strid3r
Found out it's called Such Great Heights.

If you're a fan of Such Great Heights you should check out Iron & Wine's excellent cover. It can be found on the Garden State soundtrack. It's purely acoustic and it's a lot slower, but it still sounds amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back