The Post Your Headphone Thread
Apr 29, 2006 at 1:58 AM Post #76 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by PsychoZX
You be nice.
tongue.gif

I try, but I mean c'mon he has over 700 posts, argh, nap time for me
biggrin.gif

Here are pictures of my "old" Black Dragon MDR-SA3000s, my favorite Sonys so far.

Audio Technica ATH-CM7 SV, favorite buds so far:

Sony MDR-XD400, least favorite so far
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 29, 2006 at 2:00 AM Post #77 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oistrakh
Are HF-1 "better" cans than the RS-1? Do they cost more? why were they discontinued?

how does the PS-1 compare with the RS1?

It depends. No. They were a limited edition issue for headfi members only - limited to one per member.

PS-1 is much more expensive and much heavier. It was only available here in the states through TTVJ. The PS-1 has much more bass than the RS-1. As to which is better - depends who you ask.
icon10.gif

Sorry for such short answers.

Apr 29, 2006 at 2:02 AM Post #78 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyline889
I try, but I mean c'mon he has over 700 posts, argh, nap time
biggrin.gif

LOL it sounds like you need a nap. You seem a bit cranky.
icon10.gif

Apr 29, 2006 at 2:25 AM Post #81 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyline889
I spy a Marantz receiver
biggrin.gif

smily_headphones1.gif
That stupid 2238 is the best $100 I ever spent. It's driven every pair of phones I've ever had extremely well (although the A900s hardly need it) and it will make my ears bleed (in the good way) driving those Energy bookshelves.

An ideal addition to any office.

Apr 29, 2006 at 3:34 AM Post #83 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab
I love picture threads...here's part of my stash...

gi.mpl

Now that's right up there with the Qualia pic !!

Apr 29, 2006 at 4:01 AM Post #86 of 111
Nice Triports CookieFactory! Here's a pic of mine, definately more sexy than the Orpheus! (j/k of course)
tongue.gif

Esob.JPG

Apr 29, 2006 at 4:51 AM Post #87 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by PsychoZX
Technically no but some may prefer them to the RS-1 as the HF-1 has a different sound to it, No, and they were not discontinued. They were a limited production run made especially for the Head-fi community (hence the name HF-1).

Actually didn't they go out of production early because people began to mass buy them and sell them on ebay and all that?
Quote:

Originally Posted by saturnine
Nice Triports CookieFactory! Here's a pic of mine, definately more sexy than the Orpheus! (j/k of course)
tongue.gif

Esob.JPG

Omg they're not broken lol!

Any way since we keep only seeing pics of all these top end headphones let me add my favorite, the HD-25-SP. nobody go off on a rant about them not being hifi at all cause the bass supposedly overpowers the mids too much, I heard enough of it already! Sorry it justs annoys me. BRB, gotta take a picture!
edit: nvm too late at night to get good focus, lighting etc. so I'll have to use a stock photo from a random site for now
sennheisserHD25SP.jpg

Apr 29, 2006 at 5:43 AM Post #88 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anarchy965
Actually didn't they go out of production early because people began to mass buy them and sell them on ebay and all that?

No, but John Grado has cited that as a reason he won't ever do something like the HF-1 again.

Apr 29, 2006 at 8:30 PM Post #89 of 111
My A900 LTDs
smily_headphones1.gif

Onkyo receiver doubles as headphone amp:

On a Koss hanger:

Bonus shot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back