The Post Your Headphone Thread
Apr 28, 2006 at 11:09 PM Post #61 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74
The PS-1, anything else is just a headphone

ps1cup.jpg

DSC00828.jpg

Damn, I want those cans so bad it hurts!

Apr 28, 2006 at 11:16 PM Post #62 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerome G
How's that penguin with the Grados?
Iv'e seen them on ebay and was wondering, thanks

i really like it. the amp seems to add soundstage to my music. the only bad thing is that the volume increases rapidly...so i'm only able to turn the knob about 20% of its full potential. although, i could fix that by removing the pocketdock and manually adjusting the ipod's volume.

make sure to get the flat pads too. it transforms the 325i into the perfect headphone.

Apr 28, 2006 at 11:23 PM Post #63 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by ryanhayn
i really like it. the amp seems to add soundstage to my music. the only bad thing is that the volume increases rapidly...so i'm only able to turn the knob about 20% of its full potential. although, i could fix that by removing the pocketdock and manually adjusting the ipod's volume.

make sure to get the flat pads too. it transforms the 325i into the perfect headphone.

Can you elaborate on "volume increases rapidly"? I'm not sure what you mean

Apr 28, 2006 at 11:32 PM Post #65 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerome G
Can you elaborate on "volume increases rapidly"? I'm not sure what you mean

i'm not sure if i can explain this. it seems like the amp is made for high impedence headphones. you know how the volume slowly increases when using high impedence phones? it's the opposite when using grados. on this amp, as soon as you move the volume knob from zero to barely on, the volume is loud...there's a fine line between zero volume/soft volume and loud volume. get it?

Apr 28, 2006 at 11:39 PM Post #66 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by ilovesocks
Wow, I think that's the most beautiful headphone pic I've ever seen!

Ditto !

Apr 29, 2006 at 1:30 AM Post #67 of 111
I love picture threads...here's part of my stash...

gi.mpl

Apr 29, 2006 at 1:40 AM Post #68 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by ilovesocks
Wow, I think that's the most beautiful headphone pic I've ever seen!

Well you know what they say...

Don't judge a book by its cover!
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 29, 2006 at 1:42 AM Post #69 of 111
I don't really have one favorite. I love all three of these
biggrin.gif

hifi0072bk.jpg

Apr 29, 2006 at 1:51 AM Post #71 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oistrakh
Are HF-1 "better" cans than the RS-1? Do they cost more? why were they discontinued?

how does the PS-1 compare with the RS1?

Please learn to use the search function, it'll yield a lot of answers.

Apr 29, 2006 at 1:52 AM Post #72 of 111
Since better is a subjective word I can't say one is better than the other. They each have their own sound signature which makes it very interesting switching back and forth. The HF1s retailed for $200 brand new and they were produced on a very limited run for the head-fi community, unlike the RS1s which were mass produced.

I've never heard the PS-1s so I really can't compare but based on reviews the PS-1s seem like an awesome set of cans.

Apr 29, 2006 at 1:55 AM Post #73 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oistrakh
Are HF-1 "better" cans than the RS-1? Do they cost more? why were they discontinued?

Technically no but some may prefer them to the RS-1 as the HF-1 has a different sound to it, No, and they were not discontinued. They were a limited production run made especially for the Head-fi community (hence the name HF-1).

Apr 29, 2006 at 1:56 AM Post #74 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyline889
Please learn to use the search function, it'll yield a lot of answers.

You be nice.
tongue.gif

Apr 29, 2006 at 1:58 AM Post #75 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by PsychoZX
Technically no but some may prefer them to the RS-1 as the HF-1 has a different sound to it, No, and they were not discontinued. They were a limited production run made especially for the Head-fi community (hence the name HF-1).

thank you for your informative response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back