The Pono Player Impressions Thread
Nov 29, 2016 at 1:50 PM Post #1,516 of 1,969
  Just a quick heads-up to my fellow Pono fanboys. As an audiophile snob, I have never even considered earbuds as something worthy. Boy was I wrong! I just got a pair of Shozy Stardust 'buds and they are fantastic. As a PMx2 owner, I would say they are the PMx2 of earbuds: a nice smooth, neutral signature with great extension high and low. Amazingly they have sub-bass! Not as much as the PMx2s :), but they reproduce low organ notes and deep EDM bass astoundingly well. They have a great soundstage, too...

Check out my post on custom fitted Uvero earpieces. I have had a few IEMs, Trinity Atlas and Cardas A8s, both which sound great. But my problem was always with the ear tips. I tried a ton of different ear tips with the IEMs, and some fared better than others. But in the end, none would stay seated with that perfect seal needed to really enjoy what my PONO was delivering. That was until I found Uvero and their custom earpieces. They even stay put when active, like a hike or a jog. I am now very happy with my PONO, Cardas A8, and Uvero earpiece setup. They are local here in MA, but they do attend many music trade shows.

Dec 13, 2016 at 9:08 PM Post #1,520 of 1,969
This could be awesome!

http://www.audiostream.com/content/pono-high-res-streaming-service#iLLwhvmWDYf7ZxFD.97

Imagine the same Charlie Hanson electronics incorporated into a TIDAL-like streaming/downloadable DAP...

Dec 14, 2016 at 12:28 PM Post #1,521 of 1,969

I'm a bit confused.
How is this speaker device giving us "music as it was intended"?

FWIW i take that to mean a flat EQ response.

But any speaker set plugged into the Pono sounds better.... wait maybe not... I tried a Bose noise cancelling thing the other day with the pono and it sounded turrible.

Dec 18, 2016 at 9:07 AM Post #1,522 of 1,969
Pono Player on sale at Fry's Electronics. Black Friday door buster pricing. Use promo code in this ad. Good until 12-24. Gift one or get a spare! Nothing beats the sound of a Pono at this price!
http://images.frys.com/art/email/121816_sun258mju/sun_web.html?promocode=1974320#set3

If your store is out move to another. Their inventory is by store not national.

Dec 18, 2016 at 11:45 AM Post #1,523 of 1,969
Pono Player on sale at Fry's Electronics. Black Friday door buster pricing. Use promo code in this ad. Good until 12-24. Gift one or get a spare! Nothing beats the sound of a Pono at this price!
http://images.frys.com/art/email/121816_sun258mju/sun_web.html?promocode=1974320#set3

If your store is out move to another. Their inventory is by store not national.

Also, this price is good for on-line purchase as long as you use today's (12/18/16) promo code and you order by 12/24/16...  Sale price $199.98!

Dec 31, 2016 at 11:17 PM Post #1,527 of 1,969
What happened to Pono Music World!??

This Beta version is useless to me without the Effect/EQ capabilities.
mad.gif

Jan 2, 2017 at 7:53 PM Post #1,528 of 1,969
  What happened to Pono Music World!??

This Beta version is useless to me without the Effect/EQ capabilities.
mad.gif

I think you need the full version of JRiver Media Center. PMW was a rebranded version made free to Pono customers and it expired at the end of the year.

Jan 3, 2017 at 1:58 AM Post #1,530 of 1,969
Thanks guys but I'm not paying a dime more for a program I already bought.
There's no reason they couldn't have left me with an out-dated PMW version

This is the kinda crap that will keep me from buying anything Pono again.
They've become just like Apple and can kiss my !@#

Users who are viewing this thread

Back