The Playstation 4
May 19, 2013 at 2:18 PM Post #32 of 104
I can say in the last three years I have never ever played a console game that didn´t have a patch to be downloaded :wink: It´s just as frequent as it´s for PC so that argument is since long gone as every console got an internet connection :wink:

May 19, 2013 at 2:24 PM Post #33 of 104
Yes they need updates, but not every time I want to play. But if it's still too frequent and cumbersome (even though you don't need to do anything) then rejoice now that PS4 will do all that for you when you sleep.

And it depend on the game btw, it's not so rare to see PC games have tens of update, go see how many updates are there for Torchlight 2 in PC for instance.

May 19, 2013 at 2:59 PM Post #34 of 104
Quote:
I'm a die hard computer user (thus being able to come back with those two systems) but I will admit that simply dropping a disc into my 360, telling it to install to the hdd and then waiting for the inevitable updates (with the rare updates after that) sure makes it better to be able to simply blow off steam.  Perhaps it is the process of getting older, more responsibilities or whatever, but futzing around with everything that it takes to game on Windows just ain't for me any more.

And I'll probably switch over to Sony this generation; the advertising on the Xbox is getting ridiculous plus the yearly fees keep going up....can afford them but still it's the principle of the matter.

+1
Also we will find out on Tuesday bout the next Xbox :)
I own both the current game consoles although have a significant preference for the Sony one (but like the Kinect kinda. great for parties
beerchug.gif
)

Anyway, We shall see
popcorn.gif

May 19, 2013 at 8:57 PM Post #35 of 104
The amount of updates a console get does not compare to the amount updates Steam gets. Every single day I log onto Steam, 150MB update, it really pisses me off to the extent that I've stopped using Steam and have gone back to disc formatted games.

May 20, 2013 at 6:54 AM Post #37 of 104
You can kill the internet connection.

May 20, 2013 at 9:56 AM Post #39 of 104
Quote:
Or buy platform with less annoying update and game to your heart content with active connectivity and all of its advantages. Your call.

You mean the Nintendo Wii?

But really every single platform is going to have an update during sleep mode kind of thing next gen.

May 20, 2013 at 10:29 AM Post #40 of 104
Quote:
The amount of updates a console get does not compare to the amount updates Steam gets. Every single day I log onto Steam, 150MB update, it really pisses me off to the extent that I've stopped using Steam and have gone back to disc formatted games.

HATE THIS WITH A PASSION!!!

BTW, I had not started Steam in a while and of course I was met with almost 1.5GB of updates so... yeah.
I haven't played most of the games I have on Steam (pretty sure everyone here is the same) and noticed that I have like $45 on my account. One day though I will return to PC gaming... in the meantime, Vita and PS3 is where my time mostly lies... Can't wait for tomorrow's XBox news and the inevitable comparisons against the PS4!!!

May 21, 2013 at 11:09 AM Post #43 of 104
Quote:
The updates is not the games I own on steam, it's the Steam software client updates and it downloads them before it logs me in.

I don't remember the last time I got one of those.

But I do remember them being really present in the past. Which could be especially frustrating when they still had the glitch where it freezes at a certain percentage.

Steam really was a terrible program for a large portion of its life. It's got most of the bad stuff ironed out though. Nowadays I use it even to launch my non-steam games, my library is big enough where I'd probably forget I had certain games otherwise.

May 23, 2013 at 6:14 AM Post #45 of 104
If I were Sony, I would be popping up some champagne right now :)
I cant imagine any gamer giving the nod to the Xbox One at the moment

Users who are viewing this thread

Back