The Pineapple Hate Club (TPHC)!
Mar 30, 2013 at 1:24 AM Post #91 of 738
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead /img/forum/go_quote.gif

eek.gif
  No, Maker's Mark should be enjoyed without a mixer....but at your age, I guess I can see why you'd want a mixer....lol.

Marker's Mark on the rocks is one of my guilty pleasures when I'm not drinking scotch (with a drop of water).

I have those spherical ice molds so the ice melts more slowly in the glass, and I love how the taste changes ever so slightly with each second that passes, it's perfect for a hot day.

A bottle costs $43 now over here (used to be $36 a year ago), which is creeping into single malt territory...

Mar 30, 2013 at 2:35 AM Post #93 of 738
Quote:

Here are some some quotes of people who despise the Pineapple on this very forum:  
Quote:
While TwinQY wrestles with Pineapple addiction, 'Silent One' would rather go with bananas...
wink.gif

Now hold on there, Cowboy! I do not despise Pineapple. And still looking to have some Pineapple Upside down cake 
wink.gif
 this holiday weekend.  However, forced to choose between the two and I would go bananas.
tongue_smile.gif

Hope this helps! 

Mar 30, 2013 at 2:52 AM Post #94 of 738
It goes without saying Scotch has to be drank straight. I posted a mix because I thought

Mar 30, 2013 at 9:24 AM Post #96 of 738
this thread is seriously bizarre...
Quote:
It goes without saying Scotch has to be drank straight

pineapples only taste good if their canned pineapples, and are served on top of cream cake. 

scotch is lovely with coca cola. i would rather bite my fingers off than mix a single malt with anything. but regular scotch?
my theory is this: if its "bad" enough to down in a shot, its bad enough to mix with other drinks. you wouldnt take a shot of glenlivet would you? so no mixing it. black label on the other hand, why not?

Mar 30, 2013 at 9:31 AM Post #97 of 738
Quote:
this thread is seriously bizarre...

pineapples only taste good if their canned pineapples, and are served on top of cream cake. 

scotch is lovely with coca cola. i would rather bite my fingers off than mix a single molt with anything. but regular scotch?
my theory is this: if its "bad" enough to down in a shot, its bad enough to mix with other drinks. you wouldnt take a shot of glenlivet would you? so no mixing it. black label on the other hand, why not?

Black Label or Double Black has been great this year with friends at the beach. Still though it's nice with no mixer unless you get too buzzed. I agree it's better with mixer on that rare moment that you have too much. Chivas Regal? Straight. Chivas Regal 25 year?Straight!

Mar 30, 2013 at 9:41 AM Post #98 of 738
Red Ned,

Plonk

Moonshine.

Rotgut

Platinum Label JW

All taste better with pineapple juice.

Mar 30, 2013 at 10:02 AM Post #99 of 738
Quote:
Black Label or Double Black has been great this year with friends at the beach. Still though it's nice with no mixer unless you get too buzzed. I agree it's better with mixer on that rare moment that you have too much. Chivas Regal? Straight. Chivas Regal 25 year?Straight!

too buzzed doesnt enter into it i dont think... thats just drinking habits vs. the amount you had to drink in that session. chivas isnt a single malt i dont think... 
still, my "rule of thumb", though i dont actually, actively enforce it, it comes pretty naturally: would i down a shot? yes - then i can put it in some coca cola. no - too good for downing, id rather take my time and enjoy it - no coca cola, just booze.

this conversation made me realize that if i ever mix drinks (which is rare as i usually stick with beer / shots of cheap whiskey) its always with cola... maybe its cause i never drink any strong alcohol (ie. not beer) except whiskey... 

Mar 30, 2013 at 10:20 AM Post #100 of 738
Quote:
too buzzed doesnt enter into it i dont think... thats just drinking habits vs. the amount you had to drink in that session. chivas isnt a single malt i dont think... 
still, my "rule of thumb", though i dont actually, actively enforce it, it comes pretty naturally: would i down a shot? yes - then i can put it in some coca cola. no - too good for downing, id rather take my time and enjoy it - no coca cola, just booze.

this conversation made me realize that if i ever mix drinks (which is rare as i usually stick with beer / shots of cheap whiskey) its always with cola... maybe its cause i never drink any strong alcohol (ie. not beer) except whiskey... 

For me I like to drink it straight, but a friend reminded me, if I start to get drunk not to drink it straight. That's about once a year for me. I really enjoy maybe a single 2 oz of scotch at the beach. Just a little piece of paradise for me and my buds! My days of getting crazy are long behind me!

I took this picture after about two drinks.........Ha.......... that's how I felt.

Mar 30, 2013 at 12:09 PM Post #101 of 738
why does it matter if you mix it or not? the same amount of alcohol goes in doesnt it? in fact, i remember someone once told me that if you mix with fizzy drinks, you get MORE drunk because of the bubbles. though i admit, i was dubious even then

Mar 30, 2013 at 12:11 PM Post #102 of 738
why does it matter if you mix it or not? the same amount of alcohol goes in doesnt it? in fact, i remember someone once told me that if you mix with fizzy drinks, you get MORE drunk because of the bubbles. though i admit, i was dubious even then
It's stronger... Try a shot of tequila and then mix some with some coke... Big difference.

Mar 30, 2013 at 1:45 PM Post #103 of 738
Quote:

I have just noticed from experience that somehow both my buddy and I actually can drink more if the scotch is mixed with Coke. I rather drink it straight. It seems like a waist to buy expensive scotch then mix it with Coke. We have been known to though, just so as not to get too buzzed. I don't know why it's stronger? But it is. I won't even mix it till I totally have to just to stay on track. Think of it as making the drinks less strong.

Mar 30, 2013 at 5:56 PM Post #104 of 738
I prefer Knob Creek to Maker's Mark. And death to pineapple (or coconut, for that matter). It's the unholy product of a fling between an otherwise sexy citrus and zippy the pinhead.

Mar 30, 2013 at 7:45 PM Post #105 of 738
Quote:
I know what makes pineapple taste good... 10 parts Ghost Chili sauce, 1 part pineapple.

You'd need to suck a used roll of toilet paper to get the nasty taste of pineapple out of your mouth though,...and hope still that the Naga Bhut Jolokia kills you first!!! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back