The Phiaton MS 300 & MS 400
Mar 9, 2010 at 11:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

Ak24

Member of the Trade: Phiaton
We get this questions all the time:

Is that real carbon fiber??

And folks, yes it is! Carbon fiber encased in a polycarbonate shell to be exact.

Mmmmmm......

Mar 10, 2010 at 1:35 AM Post #2 of 24
Beautiful product.

So do these fit over the ears (for most people) or do they sit on the ear, compressing the pinna?

Mar 10, 2010 at 1:38 AM Post #3 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by flatmap /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Beautiful product.

So do these fit over the ears (for most people) or do they sit on the ear, compressing the pinna?

Hi Flatmap,

The MS 300 are more compact and will sit on the ears whereas the MS 400 are larger and will fit around most peoples ears. I have fairly large ears and they fit around my ears perfectly.

Mar 12, 2010 at 12:47 AM Post #4 of 24
Thanks, Ak24.

How do the Moderna Series compare to the Primal Series? For example is the PS-500 voiced closely to the MS-400 with the same drivers and dimensions, but aimed at professionals? Or are MS and PS totally different sonic designs?

Mar 12, 2010 at 1:10 AM Post #5 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by flatmap /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks, Ak24.

How do the Moderna Series compare to the Primal Series? For example is the PS-500 voiced closely to the MS-400 with the same drivers and dimensions, but aimed at professionals? Or are MS and PS totally different sonic designs?

Hello Again,

As far as acoustic values go there are slight differences. Frequency responces, sensitivity, max input power etc. Headroom did their own acoustic analysis on the two models and you can compare the results on their site if you'd like.

Aside from that, notable differences are the PS 500 is a full sized unit that doesn't fold up and has a long cable whereas the MS 400 does fold up (and comes with a case) and has a shorter cable.

So you could say the PS 500 is geared for home use and the MS 400 is suited for home, travel, and on the go type use.

Hope that was insightful for you
wink.gif

Regards,

~Phiaton Team

Mar 12, 2010 at 6:27 AM Post #6 of 24
Ah, thanks. Headroom website was also very helpful.

Very seriously considering those MS 400s.... I can't quite pull my eyes away from them.

Mar 22, 2010 at 5:12 AM Post #8 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ak24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello Again,

As far as acoustic values go there are slight differences. Frequency responces, sensitivity, max input power etc. Headroom did their own acoustic analysis on the two models and you can compare the results on their site if you'd like.

Aside from that, notable differences are the PS 500 is a full sized unit that doesn't fold up and has a long cable whereas the MS 400 does fold up (and comes with a case) and has a shorter cable.

So you could say the PS 500 is geared for home use and the MS 400 is suited for home, travel, and on the go type use.

Hope that was insightful for you
wink.gif

Regards,

~Phiaton Team

Hi phiaton team i am planning to buy either ms 300 or ms 400 very soon, which is better and is there a big difference in sound quality and comfort? also are there any authorized dealers in hong kong?

Mar 25, 2010 at 6:47 PM Post #9 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by headphonefreak1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How well will the ms300 or ms400 cancel noise? I know they arent "noise cancelling" but will they mute some sound?

Hey Headphonefreak1,

Both models isolate noise quite well. The carbon fiber construction helps with that. I would say the MS 400 does it a little bit better as they tend to fit around the ears better whereas the MS 300 have a more compact design and the pads rest on the ears. All in all the difference is somewhat minimal. I was just using the MS 400 on a plane last night and I was happy with the isolation. Didn't block out the crying baby tho......
beyersmile.png

Mar 25, 2010 at 6:54 PM Post #10 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2rooi123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi phiaton team i am planning to buy either ms 300 or ms 400 very soon, which is better and is there a big difference in sound quality and comfort? also are there any authorized dealers in hong kong?

Hi 2rooi123,

Awesome! Good choice
wink.gif

The MS 300 has a more compact design with smaller ear cups. It's a great model for travel. I would say the MS 400 provide a fuller low frequency sound due to the cup size difference. But, the MS 400 also folds up and fits in a nice travel case as well.

At the curent time we do not have any resellers in Hong Kong. We are working on that though and anticipate shipments to China to begin this year. We are available widely in Korea and Japan currently. You may also want to visit the "where to buy" thread on this forum and see if some of our premium resellers can ship to you.

Thanks for checking in!

Regards,

Akio
Phiaton Team

Apr 12, 2010 at 7:29 PM Post #12 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2rooi123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So there is a big difference in sq between ms 300 and 400?

I wouldn't say a huge difference but the MS 400 does give you fuller low frequency response. It's noticeable though. In the MS 300 your giving up some bass for compactness.

Hope that helps! Also, headphone.com did some SQ tests on both models which you can compare.

Apr 15, 2010 at 2:24 AM Post #14 of 24
Though that red color, well... looks hot! I thought I heard somewhere that we might see a more neutral color as an option for the 300 or 400? Grey? Black?

... Or am I dreaming of headphones again?

These cans are looking very promising guys. I'm in the 'mood' for some new headphones!

Thanks guys!

May 16, 2010 at 9:51 PM Post #15 of 24
I would like clarification on the cable on the MS300 and the MS400.

From the pics, it looks like the MS400 has cables on both left and right sides, whereas the MS300 has a single-sided cable on the left. Is this correct?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back