The perfectly balanced IEM's for Trance?
Nov 16, 2011 at 2:32 PM Post #31 of 49

Quote:
Well, he can find them indeed, and not everyone ignores your suggestions nutsman...lol.....  After reading nuts' threads in mentioning the JVCs, I decided to try them and I was very glad I did...So glad, I started a thread on them....Just did not remember your username, but I knew you were out there...

http://www.head-fi.org/t/577508/jvc-ha-fx1x-xtreme-xplosive-impressions-hopefully-fan-thread

beerchug.gif

Oh that was you.. Nice. Ya I will support your thread indeed. That is another Budget gem.  These monoprice have less bass but way better clarity and detail. You should try a pair. Quality bass fully balanced. Not as warm as the FX1X but full sounding none the less. It is the detail on the monoprice that wins me over. But when I want the big bass I throw on the JVC FX1X for sure!!

Nov 16, 2011 at 2:50 PM Post #32 of 49

Quote:
Quote:
.... there are quite a few competent alternatives. 
smile.gif

Oops, I already bought the W4..... But please, elaborate! 

Nov 16, 2011 at 2:55 PM Post #33 of 49

Quote:
Oh that was you.. Nice. Ya I will support your thread indeed. That is another Budget gem.  These monoprice have less bass but way better clarity and detail. You should try a pair. Quality bass fully balanced. Not as warm as the FX1X but full sounding none the less. It is the detail on the monoprice that wins me over. But when I want the big bass I throw on the JVC FX1X for sure!!

Man, the bass on the FXs is crazy.  Will definitely give these a roll.  I love Monoprice and have purchased many, many cables as well as other items.  Their usb hub is awesome as well as their HDMI box.  Great prices, great gear all the way..

Cheers

Nov 16, 2011 at 3:03 PM Post #35 of 49
Quote:
Oops, I already bought the W4..... But please, elaborate! 

To be honest, I'd rather not haha! 
tongue.gif
 Let's just wait and see what you make of the W4, my friend. It's neutrality may just appeal to you all the more.

Nov 16, 2011 at 3:08 PM Post #36 of 49
Oh you're killing me! I love neutrality, but this is also from the guy that goes to his Pro 900's for EDM. But I also listen to alot of other stuff. So if I have neutral, then I can listen to anything and EQ as necessary for EDM. 

Nov 16, 2011 at 3:45 PM Post #38 of 49

Quote:
Just PM'ed J0nny, hopefully can get in on this little monoprice UK group buy. They look enormous though, how well do they sit in the ear?

This is how they sit in the earsKinda funky..Damn I need a hair cut. The only bad thing about these is they only come with one smallish medium sized cap. Hope you guys have left overs from your other Iems. I want to try some foam tips will have to find some.

You guys see the micro vents on the back of the big 14.2mm driver? These are serious!

Nov 16, 2011 at 3:58 PM Post #39 of 49
Cheers for the pics, they don't look too bad after all, just no frame of reference when you see the pic on the website. I seem to have an abundance of different tips now so that would be fine.

Nov 16, 2011 at 4:04 PM Post #40 of 49
How is the isolation on these? I know it varies from tip to tip, but I'm talking about using the silicone tips, either ones provided or double flange ones. The vents on the back seem like they might leak or let in too much noise for practical iem use.

Nov 16, 2011 at 4:33 PM Post #41 of 49
Without music on they don't isolate that well. You are right the vents in the back of the drivers let in sound and out as well. Once music is playing however you can forget about most if any type of noise hitting your ear but music even on medium levels the music drowns out about 95% of any noise that would be heard in a loud environment. SO they aren't perfect but hey you can spend more money on some burgers and fries for you and your girlfriend..Much like full sized headphones, air vents are an important part of the way a headphone sounds and these are no different. Covering the holes on the back of the drivers muffles the sound, you get none of the detail these phones emit and constricting the sound stage at the same time.

Can't wait for you guys to try these out..There is a lot to like about these. Wait till you guys hear some trance on these.

Nov 16, 2011 at 5:22 PM Post #42 of 49

Quote:
Without music on they don't isolate that well. You are right the vents in the back of the drivers let in sound and out as well. Once music is playing however you can forget about most if any type of noise hitting your ear but music even on medium levels the music drowns out about 95% of any noise that would be heard in a loud environment. SO they aren't perfect but hey you can spend more money on some burgers and fries for you and your girlfriend..Much like full sized headphones, air vents are an important part of the way a headphone sounds and these are no different. Covering the holes on the back of the drivers muffles the sound, you get none of the detail these phones emit and constricting the sound stage at the same time.

Can't wait for you guys to try these out..There is a lot to like about these. Wait till you guys hear some trance on these.

Two more questions.

1) is the Audio Technica set of cans in your avatar the m50? they look quite nice in that photo, not so much in the stock photos.
2) how much sound leaks out? I use my sr80i on the bus and get dirty looks all day long. Kinda want to avoid that.

Nov 16, 2011 at 5:34 PM Post #43 of 49

Quote:
Two more questions.

1) is the Audio Technica set of cans in your avatar the m50? they look quite nice in that photo, not so much in the stock photos.
2) how much sound leaks out? I use my sr80i on the bus and get dirty looks all day long. Kinda want to avoid that.

Oh yea.. One of my favorite headphones. The WS55. I like these way better than my M50. These are portable and isolate perfectly. You can read about them on my portable bass king thread here.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/567012/the-portable-bass-kings-the-pioneer-hdj500-vs-akg-518-le-vs-the-first-look-at-the-new-at-ws55-solid-bass/75#post_7896552. There is a pic on the thread where I put my WS55 over my M50 for comparison

The monoprice 8320 will emit sound but there is no way they will emit anywhere near as much as your Sr80i. These won't bother the next person sitting next to you at all. These are IEMs after all.. In a quiet environment you can hear that there is music being played from the earphones but that is about it. If I was to guess these will emit maybe 97% less than your sr80is and that would be with the music blasting.

Nov 16, 2011 at 5:35 PM Post #44 of 49
Sounds good, and they only want like 1.25 for shipping, if I don't like them I can always pass them off to one of my siblings.

Nov 16, 2011 at 5:48 PM Post #45 of 49

Quote:
Sounds good, and they only want like 1.25 for shipping, if I don't like them I can always pass them off to one of my siblings.

Ya freakishly cheap. Just make sure you have some extra tips that will give you a proper seal on these. And I do advise at least a full 24 hours burn in on these..These don't require too much burn in time but they do benefit from some loud music blasting for 24 hours.. Do not judge these until the burn is done. I think they smooth out even more so with more listening.. You will be able to get almost the full blast sound these emit after the short burn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back