The Perfect Portable [a multiple choice poll]
Jun 10, 2011 at 7:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 70

JamesMcProgger

Headphoneus Supremus
Let us have a poll to determinate the most desired specs and features in portable headphones.

Besides the sound, What are the most important features you look for in a portable headphone?

You can select more than one option, but please dont select them all, IEMs dont apply.

Jun 14, 2011 at 11:14 AM Post #3 of 70
103 votes and nary a comment...

Small, closed, and foldable.

Jun 14, 2011 at 11:35 AM Post #5 of 70
Do you usually wear portables that long?  If I know I'm going to be listening for awhile I use my IEMs instead.  Way more comfortable, but less convenient to take on and off.  They'd have to be pretty damn uncomfortable to not last at least an hour or so which is all I really need.  Most people seem to feel differently though.

I could go hog wild and select most of the rest of the options too since many are important to me to a degree but that kind of dilutes it too much.  I'd add neckable too, but since my neck's way to big for anything made for normal sized heads to do that comfortably its probably a lost cause..

Jun 14, 2011 at 11:58 AM Post #6 of 70
Comfy headphones go a long way. Even for me, isolation in portable headphones is important. Any, even HD201 isolation (~8 dbs) because I used portable headphones on the go. For me things like detachable cables aren't too important for a portable headphone, because generally I dont be in the environment for critical music listening, rather I'll just enjoy the music.

iPOO compatible is a must, especially for a marketing POV, I believe.

Jun 14, 2011 at 12:36 PM Post #7 of 70

Quote:
Do you usually wear portables that long?  If I know I'm going to be listening for awhile I use my IEMs instead.  Way more comfortable, but less convenient to take on and off.  They'd have to be pretty damn uncomfortable to not last at least an hour or so which is all I really need.  Most people seem to feel differently though.

I could go hog wild and select most of the rest of the options too since many are important to me to a degree but that kind of dilutes it too much.  I'd add neckable too, but since my neck's way to big for anything made for normal sized heads to do that comfortably its probably a lost cause..

Yeah, I usually drive by portables, the thing is at work Im between the campament and the office, and sometimes on the go. and I get to be at my home for about 1 week per month, so for my listening times are 80% in portables I'd say. Ive using the MS1 for portable, would be perfect eccept because of the non existen isolation. 

The HD25 does it for me most of the time.

Jun 27, 2011 at 11:59 AM Post #12 of 70
Comfy is important, but if portables are not foldable, for me, they are not very portable. (Meaning they are a pain to pack and carry while traveling in a commercial carrier)

Gawain

Jun 27, 2011 at 12:29 PM Post #13 of 70
Am I the only one out of two that prefer open then closed?

I wear my grado around with pride! 

Jun 27, 2011 at 12:33 PM Post #14 of 70

Quote:
Am I the only one out of two that prefer open then closed?

I wear my grado around with pride! 

of course you are not alone grados are great. I use alessandro MS1 sometimes too, mostly in office or waitting room. but when Im on a car/bus/train/plane the sound is not enough, it need to cancel outer noise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back