The Perfect Artist!
Aug 11, 2007 at 10:19 AM Post #49 of 66
*Points to his avatar*

Tool. Hands down. They are borderline-religion to me.

Aug 12, 2007 at 5:08 PM Post #57 of 66
I don't think there has been a "perfect" artist, but some great ones and some I really appreciate.

1. The Beatles- first of all, this is a band that knew when to change, knew when to do things over again and when to leave old things alone. They innovated, they pushed for high fidelity an they used every resource at hand to push their creativity forward.

2. Miles Davis- no other person has been at the fore front of his genre for as long as he has.

3. Vienna Teng- she's a pure music maker, a friendly personality and has a model blog. (in fact, it may be more entertaining than her music).

Aug 12, 2007 at 5:49 PM Post #59 of 66
Dylan, The Beatles, The Doors, Elvis, Johnny Cash, Ray Charles, Jim Croce. This is the kind of stuff that I can put on at any time and feel at home at any listening volume (well, The Doors do need to be at least somewhat loud).

Steely Dan chills me out, no doubt. Van Morrison and James Taylor hit me in similar ways. There are many others from the 70s era, but I think the key for me is being put at ease.

Sarah Vaughn is the ultimate when I'm craving true peace and beauty and total relaxation, even more so than Sinatra. He's sort of the male equivalent for me, but unfortunately he let his ego get in the way far too often. Nat King Cole was a much understated version of Sinatra; a true singer's singer with no apparent need to embellish.

Gosh, then there is Sam Cooke. Where does one begin or end when talking about his 'favorite' artist? There are all sorts of traditional blues and R&B artists that I can listen to endlessly as well.

Aug 12, 2007 at 6:37 PM Post #60 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by stewgriff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I hear Shine On You Crazy Diamond, it's 13 minutes of pure emotion, beauty, you name it.

Same here. Tie between that song and High Hopes. Just wonderful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back