The PENON official thread
Apr 6, 2024 at 4:36 PM Post #13,411 of 13,694
Dropping by to share the latest cable paired with Quattro. That apparently helps with treble extension and opens somewhat the stage.

99% Pure Silver Palladium + Graphene Gold Earphone Shielding Cable For 0.78mm Flat Step JH Audio JH16 Pro JH11 Pro 5 6 LN008219
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mPDpZWO

if you get them or have it, please share your thoughts.

Njoy!
don't buy it i had it, this brande is a fake, it was a crap cable, and it broke one week ago, no exotic sound at all and cheap plastic cover ....stay away the sound is muddy dark no informative at all

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2024 at 4:45 PM Post #13,413 of 13,694
Dropping by to share the latest cable paired with Quattro. That apparently helps with treble extension and opens somewhat the stage.

99% Pure Silver Palladium + Graphene Gold Earphone Shielding Cable For 0.78mm Flat Step JH Audio JH16 Pro JH11 Pro 5 6 LN008219
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mPDpZWO

if you get them or have it, please share your thoughts.

Njoy!

don't buy it i had it, this brande is a fake, it was a crap cable, and it broke one week ago, no exotic sound at all and cheap plastic cover ....stay away the sound is muddy dark no informative at all

I wouldn’t go to that extent but I have the cable… somewhere… but can’t say it didn’t anything for me or that I heard any meaningful changes with the pairings I tried back then.

Apr 6, 2024 at 5:58 PM Post #13,415 of 13,694
I have several cables from this "brand" and they sound great, so far none has failed.

I've also checked their store at AE and it's been running since 2014, with positive overal reviews.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2024 at 12:56 AM Post #13,416 of 13,694

I've just finished my review of the planar hybrid ISN Neo3s - which you're invited to read here. :smile:

Apr 7, 2024 at 1:45 AM Post #13,417 of 13,694

I've just finished my review of the planar hybrid ISN Neo3s - which you're invited to read here. :smile:
"Midbass is emphasised over sub bass with a fairly even balance between them, and bass texture is quite good -not pillowy- though I’d love a bit more rumble."

Couldn't agree more.

Apr 7, 2024 at 1:48 AM Post #13,418 of 13,694
I have several cables from this "brand" and they sound great, so far none has failed.

I've also checked their store at AE and it's been running since 2014, with positive overal reviews.
Ok this is only my experience, my best cable units know is penon space all the other was a loss of money, this one sound dull and it's impossible if they would use all that precious metal they wrote....

Apr 7, 2024 at 1:58 AM Post #13,419 of 13,694
Ok this is only my experience, my best cable units know is penon space all the other was a loss of money, this one sound dull and it's impossible if they would use all that precious metal they wrote....
Subjectivity .jpeg

Apr 7, 2024 at 5:02 AM Post #13,420 of 13,694
yeah i forgot saying the penon space is also the most expensive one, the others, cheaper and of other brands, have been a loss of money. At last my advice is to invest in known and reviewed brands

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2024 at 3:02 PM Post #13,421 of 13,694
Quattro has been on my radar a while, and interest piqued again now that I've Monachaa on loan - how do you find one vs the other?
Bro, you must try Quattro, at its price, it's a good blind buy. It offers a totally different tuning from Monachaa. Monachaa is sub bass focus with open airy treble. Quattro is a bass focused tuning with both sub and mid bass stealing the show yet still, the vocals and treble are clear and sparkly. Quattro does stand tall next to Monachaa, and even Trifecta, in its own way. If you like either or both of those, Quattro is the biggest no brainer in this hobby.

I am going to contact @Penon and try to get some North American tours of their stuff going if they're amenable. These products need more exposure. Half the Watercooler would own this had they had a chance to demo it.

Apr 7, 2024 at 3:11 PM Post #13,422 of 13,694
yeah i forgot saying the penon space is also the most expensive one, the others, cheaper and of other brands, have been a loss of money. At last my advice is to invest in known and reviewed brands
Probably the most amazing thing as of late for me was trying more treble laden IEMs, then combining them will more of a treble boosted source. All with-in good limits of such. Only to find that frequency range went ahead and promoted a special quality to differentiate cables that before I thought were the same.

So I did have a few cables put into a character grouping. As such that would be normal as having a few cables would cause a person to group them. Only to discover that there were enhanced levels of perception which could actually cause a person to then differentiate new levels of understanding into the very same group. Where a few of those cables went into higher detail when given the chance to perform this more treble laden broadcast?

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2024 at 4:19 PM Post #13,423 of 13,694
Bro, you must try Quattro, at its price, it's a good blind buy. It offers a totally different tuning from Monachaa. Monachaa is sub bass focus with open airy treble. Quattro is a bass focused tuning with both sub and mid bass stealing the show yet still, the vocals and treble are clear and sparkly. Quattro does stand tall next to Monachaa, and even Trifecta, in its own way. If you like either or both of those, Quattro is the biggest no brainer in this hobby.

I am going to contact @Penon and try to get some North American tours of their stuff going if they're amenable. These products need more exposure. Half the Watercooler would own this had they had a chance to demo it.
I wish Penon would get some tours going for their midfi stuff like Quattro and 10th. It would be great for more people to hear the more affordable stuff.

Apr 7, 2024 at 4:21 PM Post #13,424 of 13,694

Agree that Quattro's is an amazing-sounding iem.

Also, I would be very interested in trying other Penon products if the Tour happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back