The PENON official thread
Aug 24, 2023 at 7:27 PM Post #11,056 of 14,143
Ok, y'all.. I have had the Turbo for a few weeks now and they are nearly burned-in w/ ~150 hours on them.
I have to say that I am very much loving this IEM!
They are much more versatile than I imagined.
I am digging them with every genre I listen to, but they shine with EDM, Pop, Hip-Hop, Metal and Classic Rock.
They are also gorgeous.
Penon has created yet another winner here and whoever tunes their IEMs is incredible at getting the most out of the drivers.
More impressions to follow, but they are competing with the 10th AE for my personal favorites.
Absolutely blown away, tbh.
Did I mention they are gorgeous, both aesthetically and sonically?
Anyways, back to the music...

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2023 at 10:47 PM Post #11,057 of 14,143
For me the medium Final Audio Type E were best for the Fan 2, I usually use a large in any other IEM.

The diameter, length, texture of the silicon and the tapered shape make them work perfectly with the deep insertion of the Fan 2.
The price of those makes me want to cry. :)
Are they on sale anywhere....I see them on Linsoul & Hifigo for about $22.

Aug 24, 2023 at 11:20 PM Post #11,058 of 14,143
Ok, y'all.. I have had the Turbo for a few weeks now and they are nearly burned-in w/ ~150 hours on them.
I have to say that I am very much loving this IEM!
They are much more versatile than I imagined.
I am digging them with every genre I listen to, but they shine with EDM, Pop, Hip-Hop, Metal and Classic Rock.
They are also gorgeous.
Penon has created yet another winner here and whoever tunes their IEMs is incredible at getting the most out of the drivers.
More impressions to follow, but they are competing with the 10th AE for my personal favorites.
Absolutely blown away, tbh.
Did I mention they are gorgeous, both aesthetically and sonically?
Anyways, back to the music...
I'm sure these are awesome! 10th needed that much (or more) burn in for sure. But I'm surprised Turbo needed any!

Aug 25, 2023 at 12:32 AM Post #11,059 of 14,143
I'm sure these are awesome! 10th needed that much (or more) burn in for sure. But I'm surprised Turbo needed any!
Sounded great OOTB, tbh.
I burn in everything for at least 50 hours regardless.
Not that I think it makes a significant difference though, especially with BAs..

Aug 25, 2023 at 2:40 AM Post #11,061 of 14,143
IMG_8238.jpeg

Turbo + Wagnus Floating Sheep + Orange tips

This is almost the price of the Turbo but it is by far the best pairing I’ve heard yet, in that it pushes the Turbo from a good IEM to a great one for me.

From my notes:
- Notes are more 3D, especially in terms of depth
- Very transparent, with natural instrument timbre
- More weight and solidity to lower mids and bass
- High frequencies are extended but very refined

Turbo doesn’t respond this well to all cables - I was in fact about to conclude it doesn’t scale up all that much but am happy to change my mind here.

Some of you couldn’t quite tell if I liked the Turbo from my earlier posts. Answer is yes.
This fellow approves the colour scheme

Attachments

• download.jpeg
    download.jpeg
    7.4 KB · Views: 0
Aug 25, 2023 at 2:37 PM Post #11,063 of 14,143

Sounded great OOTB, tbh.
I burn in everything for at least 50 hours regardless.
Not that I think it makes a significant difference though, especially with BAs..

I didn’t expect burn in to make much of a difference either, being all BA, but it is what it is. Maybe the switches?

@cobrabucket, how does the Turbo compare with the EPZ 530 which I see in your sig?

The price of those makes me want to cry. :)
Are they on sale anywhere....I see them on Linsoul & Hifigo for about $22.

You can get a Final E500 for about $25 on Amazon, which gets you those tips in 5 sizes + an almost free IEM with great imaging.

Congrats!

Serial this evening and a very nice pairing it is too - digging the clarity and depth of the subterranean bass textures with the Floating Sheep.

Have a good weekend, everyone.

IMG_8269.jpeg

Aug 25, 2023 at 2:55 PM Post #11,064 of 14,143
I didn’t expect burn in to make much of a difference either, being all BA, but it is what it is. Maybe the switches?

@cobrabucket, how does the Turbo compare with the EPZ 530 which I see in your sig?

You can get a Final E500 for about $25 on Amazon, which gets you those tips in 5 sizes + an almost free IEM with great imaging.

Congrats!

Serial this evening and a very nice pairing it is too - digging the clarity and depth of the subterranean bass textures with the Floating Sheep.

Have a good weekend, everyone.

IMG_8269.jpeg
I need to do more comparitive listening, but I'll update this thread soon.

Aug 25, 2023 at 8:39 PM Post #11,065 of 14,143
Aug 26, 2023 at 3:15 AM Post #11,067 of 14,143
Yeah, it's such a lovely case!

Sure, it's expensive and there are much more affordable cases available. But this is a hobby, and we all like nice things :wink:
Where did you get this case? Directly from VN?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back