The PENON official thread
May 29, 2023 at 10:58 AM Post #9,466 of 14,143
I wish it was a tad smaller but i think im gonna pick it up once its released👍
I only own iFi Go Blu & Creative SXFI so buying another DAC/Amp isnt a bad thing and neither of the above to do. 32-Bit/384khz so when my LG G7 & V50 finally pack in at least ill ha have a hi-res source!
I REALLY hope those Orange Tips will be released soon? Any idea what the price will be and if we will be able to buy the in one size?
I ve received these with serial, I ask as a free gift something New because I've tons of the normally included tips. But they are not orange I would say 🪸 coral.. and they sound good and stick very well!
The creative sxfi no more exits now there is X1 (I wrote to creative). If you have both ru6 and creative how they compare?
I'm so sorry having not tryed r2r ru6 but AliExpress at the end refunded me. Gryphon is another level against dongle, but it's not portable and I tried 1 minute with Bluetooth and I immediately switched to the usb mode. But I don't know which Bluetooth support my Motorola...

Attachments

• 16853718943386127414573508228551.jpg
    16853718943386127414573508228551.jpg
    706.3 KB · Views: 0
May 29, 2023 at 11:26 AM Post #9,467 of 14,143
I ve received these with serial, I ask as a free gift something New because I've tons of the normally included tips. But they are not orange I would say 🪸 coral.. and they sound good and stick very well!
The creative sxfi no more exits now there is X1 (I wrote to creative). If you have both ru6 and creative how they compare?
I'm so sorry having not tryed r2r ru6 but AliExpress at the end refunded me. Gryphon is another level against dongle, but it's not portable and I tried 1 minute with Bluetooth and I immediately switched to the usb mode. But I don't know which Bluetooth support my Motorola...
I dont have Ru6 and alough i have heard it i refrain from impressions by memery because it never accurate!
Oh im really sad no more SXFI i was actually thinking of buying a second as back up! I suposse its not a bad thing im most liklely will pick up the new Penon DAC as its supossed to synergize very well with 10th AE which is really taking its time to get to me lol2😂
In regards to ru6 being sold out the brand new Hiby FC6 is a r2r dongle with all the new bells & whisles and is reaonably prices considering what it offers at £259!
Its actually Andy's from dongleMadness new number 1 from the over 100 dongles he has reviewd! He now does all reviews via his YouTube cannel so i really recommend giving it a watch because i have a feeling the FC6 could possibly be exactly what your looking for?

Last edited:
May 29, 2023 at 11:31 AM Post #9,468 of 14,143
I only own iFi Go Blu & Creative SXFI so buying another DAC/Amp isnt a bad thing and neither of the above to do. 32-Bit/384khz so when my LG G7 & V50 finally pack in at least ill ha have a hi-res source!
I REALLY hope those Orange Tips will be released soon? Any idea what the price will be and if we will be able to buy the in one size?
The creative sxfi no more exits now there is X1 (I wrote to creative). If you have both ru6 and creative
I dont have Ru6 and alough i have heard it i refrain from impressions by memery because it never works out!
Oh im really sad no more SXFI i was actually thinking of buying a second as back up! I suposse its not a nad thing im most liklely will pick up the new Penon DAC as its supossed to synergize very well with 1pth AE which is really taking its time to get to me lol2😂
In regards to ru6 being sold out the brand new Hiby FC6 is a r2r dongle with all the new bells & whisles and is reaonably prices considering what it offers at £259!
Its actually Andy's from dongleMadness new number 1 from the over 100 dongles he has reviewd! He now does all reviews via his YouTube cannel so i really recommend giving it a watch because i have a feeling the FC6 could possibly be exactly what your looking for?
Yes I'm subscribed to his channel but for me the fc6 100mw are not enough (and absence of 4.4). I bought the ru6 only because was half priced, but now having gryphon I don't know if i'll spend so much on a dongle.. so creative x1 could worth a test.

May 29, 2023 at 11:37 AM Post #9,469 of 14,143
Thats really odd the colour of those Penon Tips because they are clearly a different colour to the Orange one's!
Maybe they have changed the colour or thery are slighly different colours for each size? Which size are yours?
I actually hugely prefer this Coral colour, i think the Orange are to bright and make the IEM they are on look cheap/childish-!
Not that it really matters they are inside the ear out of site 99% of the time!

May 29, 2023 at 11:50 AM Post #9,471 of 14,143
The creative sxfi no more exits now there is X1 (I wrote to creative). If you have both ru6 and creative
Yes I'm subscribed to his channel but for me the fc6 100mw are not enough (and absence of 4.4). I bought the ru6 only because was half priced, but now having gryphon I don't know if i'll spend so much on a dongle.. so creative x1 could worth a test.
Get ya👍 and yes totally agreevwith you its strange Hiby removed any balanced output!
I agree with you the X1 could be worth a punt i might just look into it myself?
As long as they have'nt removed the warm,smooth,analog sound of the SXFI it just may well be ok?
I do wonder though and am very intrigued IF you will actually ike either the SXFI of X1? You have a VERY refined ear as i mentioned before and i dont think the above 2 are in the same class as the gryphon! But it will be an intresting experiment and thankfully there is always the opion to return if not happy even if it is a bit of a pain the ass! Lol
But with all that said and IF the X1 sounds as good as the SXFI you may just well be shocked and pleasantly surprised?

Last edited:
May 29, 2023 at 12:08 PM Post #9,472 of 14,143
The 10th have arrived! Sadly, I will not have time to play with it today or tomorrow because of some social commitments. However, I did get a brief trial with it and I really liked what I heard out of the box. Anyway, I've set it aside to burn in properly until I get some solid hands on time later this week.

20230529_180606.jpg

May 29, 2023 at 12:14 PM Post #9,473 of 14,143
So cool they sent you an orange as well
🤣🤣🤣🤣
From my understanding you can buy it in one size or theyll have the options of S/M/L/XL or a combination. It should come in pairs of 3 but thats pure speculation and from how Penon sells eartips on their website.
Thank you for impression i appreciate them very much to say 10th AE is anywhere near Annihilator & NP is such a compliment!
Can i ask a couple of question regarding cables? My 10th is on its way and inevitabaly upgrade the cable!
Which cables have you tried with 10th so far? Is the Totem the clear winner? Was the ISN G4 anywhere near Totem? And lastly, was G4 the best out of all the cables with 10th exluding Totem(if Totem was actually the best)?
Thank in advance much appreciated👍
20230517_174445.jpg

Ive tested majority of Penon/ISNs popular cables ie Totem, Solar, OSG, Leo Plus, etc.

What I found is that @Dsnuts is correct in thar ISN G4 is the perfect pairing for the 10th AE, then Space, and finally I prefer the Penon Mix over his Obsidian choice because Mix is a silver/copper cable. It takes the 10th AE and enchances the treble and bass area while opening slightly opening up the soundstage. Either stock or using different cables, 10th AE is a winner.

May 29, 2023 at 12:30 PM Post #9,474 of 14,143
Get ya👍 and yes totally agreevwith you its strange Hiby removed any balanced output!
I agree with you the X1 could be worth a punt i might just look into it myself?
As long as they have'nt removed the warm,smooth,analog sound of the SXFI it just may well be ok?
I do wonder though and am very intrigued IF you will actually ike either the SXFI of X1? You have a VERY refined ear as i mentioned before and i don't think the above 2 are in the same class as the gryphon! But it will be an interesting experiment and thankfully there is always the option to return if not happy even if it is a bit of a pain the ass! Lol
But with all that said and IF the X1 sounds as good as the SXFI you may just well be shocked and pleasantly surprised?
Thank you for...refined ears! I will not have the chance to compare then as the sxfi is no longer sold nor in their site nor on Amazon. So maybe I will try x1 but I don't know, because is not sold by Amazon so i don't know if I could return it.

Here it is the link:https://ca.creative.com/p/sound-blaster/sound-blaster-x1

Uau you can also use it as line in!
I wonder if all these features are also on android or only on pc/Mac..

Coral tips don't stop highs and serial now are a little brighter... Well done and the right gift for serial. Untill now I had it on vortex but vortex don't need to be clearer so I put them on serial. Besides their stickiness was helpful in my walking with vortex so I hope they will do a less bright version. My size is Large

Last edited:
May 29, 2023 at 4:13 PM Post #9,475 of 14,143
Hi , can you kindly recommend a synergistic cable for the Vortex (penon/ISN cable)?
1) I would like to broaden especially the soundstage and thicken the sound without being blurry .
2) I am sensitive to sharp highs.
3)My music preference is classic music, folk and indie.
4) Budget: +/-100$
*A thinner cable is a bonus.

Last edited:
May 29, 2023 at 6:43 PM Post #9,476 of 14,143
Thank you for impression i appreciate them very much to say 10th AE is anywhere near Annihilator & NP is such a compliment!
Can i ask a couple of question regarding cables? My 10th is on its way and inevitabaly upgrade the cable!
Which cables have you tried with 10th so far? Is the Totem the clear winner? Was the ISN G4 anywhere near Totem? And lastly, was G4 the best out of all the cables with 10th exluding Totem(if Totem was actually the best)?
Thank in advance much appreciated👍
After trying out some cables I have (stock, Totem, G4, and some affordable cables from Aliexpress), I actually like G4 the best among them. Totem has better than G4 in terms of resolution and imaging, but G4 brings out best of 10th AE's good treble and DD's natural decay. To sum up, I think of G4 as a best pairing cable that I've tried with 10th AE :)

And I found Totem to pair very well with Penon Impact, as others have stated before on this thread :)

20230529_162729.jpg

May 29, 2023 at 7:11 PM Post #9,477 of 14,143
After trying out some cables I have (stock, Totem, G4, and some affordable cables from Aliexpress), I actually like G4 the best among them. Totem has better than G4 in terms of resolution and imaging, but G4 brings out best of 10th AE's good treble and DD's natural decay. To sum up, I think of G4 as a best pairing cable that I've tried with 10th AE :)

And I found Totem to pair very well with Penon Impact, as others have stated before on this thread :)

Hi, can you describe some of the differences between the Penon Impact and the 10th AE? I've heard the Impact and found the tuning, vocals, and treble to be extremely nice. The only negative for me was the BA bass, while the bass wasn't bad by any means. I just prefer DD. And I found the soundstage to only be just above average.

May 29, 2023 at 7:57 PM Post #9,478 of 14,143

I've just completed a review of Penon's brand new 10th Anniversary IEMs, including a massive cable comparison! You're invited to read it here. :ksc75smile:

May 29, 2023 at 9:22 PM Post #9,479 of 14,143
🤣🤣🤣🤣

From my understanding you can buy it in one size or theyll have the options of S/M/L/XL or a combination. It should come in pairs of 3 but thats pure speculation and from how Penon sells eartips on their website.

Ive tested majority of Penon/ISNs popular cables ie Totem, Solar, OSG, Leo Plus, etc.

What I found is that @Dsnuts is correct in thar ISN G4 is the perfect pairing for the 10th AE, then Space, and finally I prefer the Penon Mix over his Obsidian choice because Mix is a silver/copper cable. It takes the 10th AE and enchances the treble and bass area while opening slightly opening up the soundstage. Either stock or using different cables, 10th AE is a winner.
Any chance you could try the OSG Cable for me? I can pick one up for €125!
Also, which of all the cables(exeptTotem i cant affor that! Lol) increases the bass especially sub-bass but also leaves the micro & macro details in place?
Thanks in advance for the help its much apreciated👍

Last edited:
May 29, 2023 at 9:30 PM Post #9,480 of 14,143
Please only take what i say with a pinch of salt because i have never heard Vortex but

Any chance you could try the OSG Cable for me? I can pick one up for €125!
Also, which of all the cables(exeptTotem i cant affor that! Lol) increases the bass especially sub-bass but also leaves the micro & macro details in place?
Thanks in advance for the help its much apreciated👍
ISN G4 is the consensus to improve the 10th AE. Thats with everyone doing their own cable testing.

https://penonaudio.com/isn-audio-g4.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back