The PENON official thread
Nov 3, 2022 at 2:12 PM Post #6,241 of 13,738
@Redcarmoose I remember you said that serial was the Tipsy Ttromso on steroids, and that's very true but much more. Sound and build is in a different league, even the stock cable is super light and flexible.

Nov 3, 2022 at 2:21 PM Post #6,242 of 13,738
@Redcarmoose I remember you said that serial was the Tipsy Ttromso on steroids, and that's very true but much more. Sound and build is in a different league, even the stock cable is super light and flexible.
Yes, there is a portion of the Serial response that is hard to put into words, yet the Tipsy starts down that street, it’s just the top-end of the Serial (due to the drivers) goes so much further (spatially). I forgot I used that example, but they both are relatively the same form of darkness style. Though due to the extra drivers (maybe) the Serial starts to act different with cable rolls. There were a few cable rolls in which the Tipsy really got good, where you have to be careful not to use too bright of a cable with the Serial, hence loose the warmth and magic. It’s soul is in a certain character of lower tones, which then somehow climbs-up, attaching to the upper drivers in unity? IMO

The stock CS819 cable that comes with the Serial is the same as the VORTEX, but for learning....it may be interesting for you to try it with other IEMs, not that it will be anything all that special with the other IEMs, but you start to get an understanding of just how unique that cable sounds. At least in my testing, it’s a unique bird of a particular color. But you start to get an understanding of the reasons why they include it with the Serial. It’s Penon getting the most value from a combination with a particular price point. IMO

But just the fact that it’s a unique cable in general. In fact after trying it with other IEMs, you also may wonder (exactly) why they did include it with the Serial? As to me it’s such an interesting midrange tone? Yet using it just with the Serial, you don’t get that midrange idea straight away? The CS819 will reposition some of the (lower) midrange into a set area of the stage, unique in my experience. But to me the CS819 goes well with the Serial and better than the CS819 goes with the VORTEX.

In my opinion the Serial is the correct timbre you get from single full-range DDs, mixed with a spacial expansion you get from a Hybrid, yet it’s not exactly a Hybrid, but it is due to the merger of the three different DD technologies.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2022 at 3:20 PM Post #6,243 of 13,738
Nov 3, 2022 at 3:38 PM Post #6,244 of 13,738
Burning in after a quick session, absolutely lovely timbre. Meaty sound, powerful deep lows,mids making vocals sounding smooth and full, non intrusive highs but very detailed. Still very early impressions with the new toy crush.
That meatiness will always be there, yet though-out burn-in some (meatiness) will get refinement and polishing. There will be a joining of the drivers as well as a slight extension of frequency abilities to go slightly lower, and maybe smoother extension high-up? You will be able to access slightly deeper into the upper soundstage finding room there, as burn-in goes along.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2022 at 5:06 PM Post #6,246 of 13,738
Nov 3, 2022 at 5:46 PM Post #6,247 of 13,738
I really like the sound of Fan 2 but how difficult it is to keep a good fit, with them.
Now, I'm using spinfit cp100+ and it seems to be the best tips, for my ears.

Nov 4, 2022 at 2:04 AM Post #6,248 of 13,738
Last edited:
Nov 4, 2022 at 2:36 PM Post #6,249 of 13,738
I bought the S2 silver cable today... to pair w/ my Vortex. Blue on Blue will look super cool I think! And to boot blue IS my favorite color!

Nov 4, 2022 at 2:54 PM Post #6,250 of 13,738
I bought the S2 silver cable today... to pair w/ my Vortex. Blue on Blue will look super cool I think! And to boot blue IS my favorite color!
Excellent cables. Will have to test it out with the Vortex.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/isn-earphones-impression-thread-new-isn-h30.920551/post-17225246
I left some impressions of the new cables on the ISN thread.
1667587118157.png

I will give you guys a bit if an insider tip on these cables. Some of you own Penon cables. I was told by the designer of these cables that the C2 copper cable is actually rated higher than the Penon Fiery. That is some high praise. These are legit cables all of them with modularity.

This is how I rank em
Bass= C2>H2>S2 None of these lean out any of the bass your hearing though.
Mids=H2=C2=S2 C2 leans a touch warmer, S2 a touch cooler. H2 in the middle
technicals=S2>H2>C2. C2 copper cable is resolves better than most type of copper cables so dont think it is somehow less resolving than the others.
Treble detail= S2>H2>C2 S2 has the most silver content. C2 has the most natural tonal character for trebles.
Natural tone= C2>H2>S2
Verstility=H2>S2=C2 H2 is the middle being half S2 and half C2. Can't decide which to choose go for a bit of both. Easy peasy.

Nov 4, 2022 at 3:50 PM Post #6,251 of 13,738
Excellent cables. Will have to test it out with the Vortex.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/isn-earphones-impression-thread-new-isn-h30.920551/post-17225246
I left some impressions of the new cables on the ISN thread.
1667587118157.png

I will give you guys a bit if an insider tip on these cables. Some of you own Penon cables. I was told by the designer of these cables that the C2 copper cable is actually rated higher than the Penon Fiery. That is some high praise. These are legit cables all of them with modularity.

This is how I rank em
Bass= C2>H2>S2 None of these lean out any of the bass your hearing though.
Mids=H2=C2=S2 C2 leans a touch warmer, S2 a touch cooler. H2 in the middle
technicals=S2>H2>C2. C2 copper cable is resolves better than most type of copper cables so dont think it is somehow less resolving than the others.
Treble detail= S2>H2>C2 S2 has the most silver content. C2 has the most natural tonal character for trebles.
Natural tone= C2>H2>S2
Verstility=H2>S2=C2 H2 is the middle being half S2 and half C2. Can't decide which to choose go for a bit of both. Easy peasy.
Hi, which one will fit the isn est 50? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back