My first penon iem is here 😁

Attachments

• IMG_20230420_113352.jpg
    IMG_20230420_113352.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Apr 20, 2023 at 8:44 AM Post #8,492 of 13,957
Apr 20, 2023 at 9:17 AM Post #8,493 of 13,957
Apr 20, 2023 at 3:49 PM Post #8,494 of 13,957
If you could just choose just one Penon IEM set, which one would it be and why?

This question takes into account the fact that very few people had the opportunity to listen to every set Penon has released so far.

Still, what’s your dope within the Penon’s catalog?

Mine are the Serial 🥷. This signature is challenging to be replicate in the IEMs world, I think. Maybe the CA Trifecta at 10x the price. Fine-tuning the Serial with cable & tips is pretty easy as long as you have a bit of experience and you know what final signature you are looking for.

ps: I owned the Impact and these are true totl sounding earphones with masterful tuning, especially in the mids. For some reason they had to go, but Penon showed their real savoir-faire with them.

78BEE264-51A8-4134-8885-768D293CAA49.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2023 at 4:05 PM Post #8,495 of 13,957
If you could just choose just one Penon IEM set, what would it be and why?

This question takes into account the fact that very few people had the opportunity to listen to every set Penon has released so far.

Insane 😅 to hard.

For me it is possible Penon Serial since it's so masterfully done and unique, I almost said EST50 but I have something that is similar. Volt is also great but for my taste the EST50 is better.
So yes my answer even if hard to chose, got to be my Penon Serial 😁

DSCF1879.jpg

Apr 20, 2023 at 4:25 PM Post #8,496 of 13,957

For me no question it is the Impacts. It is the summit fi of Penon tuning and sound. I can argue Penon Legends is the better value IEM over the Impacts. But Impacts mids presentation is something special that no other Penon IEM can match.

But then the Volt with Totem cable is no slouch. Penon needs to make a new Volt with a silicone dynamic for bass like the EST50s, 4 Sonion BAs for mids and 1BA for trebles with 8ESTs . That is what I want for Christmas.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2023 at 4:29 PM Post #8,497 of 13,957
For me no question it is the Impacts. It is the summit fi of Penon tuning and sound. I can arugue Penon Legends is the better value IEM over the Impacts. But Impacts mids presentation is something special that no other Penon IEM can match.

But then the volt with totem cable is no slouch. Penon needs to make a new Volt with a silicone dynamic for bass like the EST50s, 4 Sonion BAs for mids and 8ESTs for trebles. That is what I want for Christmas.
May Santa Penon (hum, Claus) make your wish come true! Thanks for your detailed answer.

Apr 20, 2023 at 4:29 PM Post #8,498 of 13,957
Insane 😅 to hard.

For me it is possible Penon Serial since it's so masterfully done and unique, I almost said EST50 but I have something that is similar. Volt is also great but for my taste the EST50 is better.
So yes my answer even if hard to chose, got to be my Penon Serial 😁

DSCF1879.jpg
Amazing Shot!!!
If I looks some serial faceplates it makes me want it, but fit would be better on EST50 for me, plus EST50 would have extra bass and highs than serial… thinking 🤔

Apr 20, 2023 at 4:32 PM Post #8,499 of 13,957
For me no question it is the Impacts. It is the summit fi of Penon tuning and sound. I can arugue Penon Legends is the better value IEM over the Impacts. But Impacts mids presentation is something special that no other Penon IEM can match.

But then the Volt with Totem cable is no slouch. Penon needs to make a new Volt with a silicone dynamic for bass like the EST50s, 4 Sonion BAs for mids and 8ESTs for trebles. That is what I want for Christmas.
Why only 4BA🤭
I’d sacrifice 2EST for 2BA more 🤭
Large DD + 6BA +6EST but it would cost a lot, maybe around Impact price 🤯

Apr 20, 2023 at 4:33 PM Post #8,500 of 13,957

Mine are the Serial 🥷. This signature cannot be replicate I think. Maybe the CA Trifecta at 10x the price. Fine-tuning the Serial with cable & tips is pretty easy as long as you have a bit of experience and you know what final signature you are looking for.
Given that I've only had the Serial for a week and it's the only Penon IEM I've tried so it is by default my favourite.

I purchased it based on the positive reviews on here and so glad I did. To be honest I'm not sure if I need to try any others - famous last words.

Apr 20, 2023 at 4:42 PM Post #8,501 of 13,957
Given that I've only had the Serial for a week and it's the only Penon IEM I've tried so it is by default my favourite.

I purchased it based on the positive reviews on here and so glad I did. To be honest I'm not sure if I need to try any others - famous last words.
Penon has the arsenal to make your music sounding so enjoyable that owning a single pair of their IEMs is like going into the candy shop and just buying a lollipop. Just kidding a bit here as I only have one too at the moment, my ISN Audio H40 and EST50 being not included in the equation (ISN is a close parent company of Penon).

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2023 at 4:51 PM Post #8,503 of 13,957
Penon has the arsenal to make your music sounding so enjoyable that owning a single pair of their IEMs is like going into the candy shop and just buying a lollipop. Just kidding a bit here as I only have one too the moment, my ISN Audio H40 and EST50 being not included in the equation (ISN is a close parent company of Penon).
In a way I see ISN as Penon 😂 good I chose Serial anyway.

Lately I have noticed i have to many IEMs and never enough time to enjoy my favorites. So in a way owning just 1 or 3 IEMs would have been perfect.

Still i hope I get the opertunity to try Impact one day, think it would suit me very well 😁

Apr 20, 2023 at 5:06 PM Post #8,505 of 13,957
The Penon Serial is like rich dark chocolate. Very addictive and delicious sound. Just needs a cable change and tips.
Yes sir, I agree on the almost mandatory cable switch. As tips goes, no brand ever had included the ones I was going to use. Trial and error in the aftermarket is the way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back