THE OSTRY KC06A ! THE GUY WHO SURPRISES WITH SOUND, CLASS,LOOK AND MANY MORE, :D
Jan 6, 2015 at 4:47 AM Post #676 of 776
Hi I just knew about this amazing gem from a friend and I bought it right away. Did anyone commented on the different tips yet? I find the special red tips have way too much bass. I prefer the less bass medium size tips. Still a tack too much bass for some songs, but it makes the earphone really fun for pop and rock songs.

I found the soft medium earsize tips to have the most open sound, but they're too harsh sounding, so I put 2 layers of foam on the drivers, and now the harshness is tamed quite a lot.

Jan 7, 2015 at 11:15 PM Post #677 of 776
Oh well, i find this earphone is towards the warmth side without feeling harsh. But i wish the bass can be 20% lesser. I should have tried the older KC06

Jan 9, 2015 at 3:10 AM Post #679 of 776
The default tips do lend themselves to too much bass imho. I changed mine to my vsonic tips and the bass is some 40 % less, almost close to my vsonic v2 bass ed levels. I haven't tried the other tips that come with the ostry itself but the default ones do add too much bass and a little harshness in the highs also.

Jan 9, 2015 at 8:04 AM Post #680 of 776
The default tips do lend themselves to too much bass imho. I changed mine to my vsonic tips and the bass is some 40 % less, almost close to my vsonic v2 bass ed levels. I haven't tried the other tips that come with the ostry itself but the default ones do add too much bass and a little harshness in the highs also.

What kind of Vsonic tips? And is the harshness completely gone if you put them on the KC06a?

Jan 9, 2015 at 9:48 AM Post #681 of 776
  What kind of Vsonic tips? And is the harshness completely gone if you put them on the KC06a?

the tips from the vsonic gr02 bass edition. harshness might even be too strong a word to use come to think of it. the default tips on the kc06a just seem t emphasize bass and treble more making it more u shaped than it is with other tips. i would actually try the other ostry tips but i left them in my house in the province. some others may chime in on how the other tips may change the sound sig on the kc06a 

Jan 9, 2015 at 11:54 AM Post #682 of 776
  the tips from the vsonic gr02 bass edition. harshness might even be too strong a word to use come to think of it. the default tips on the kc06a just seem t emphasize bass and treble more making it more u shaped than it is with other tips. i would actually try the other ostry tips but i left them in my house in the province. some others may chime in on how the other tips may change the sound sig on the kc06a 

I actually found the default tips to have the smoothest treble and the most bass. The other tips all increase treble and bass more, and always have some kind of harshness in the treble.

I found the medium eartips 1 filled with cotton material to have the best sound. 

Feb 25, 2015 at 3:23 PM Post #686 of 776
  any compare vs VSD5 (and VSD3s) guys?

I find the KC06a better than the VSD3s,  maybe a tad less bass but overall, the SQ of the Otrys is better,  more clear and crisp sound without being harsh.

Feb 25, 2015 at 7:58 PM Post #687 of 776
Fiio X1 + Fiio E11k + Ostry KC06A + JVC Spiral Dots = OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

I'm just blown away by these Ostry's.  Going to have to add "Ostry fan boy" to my sig.

Feb 25, 2015 at 8:53 PM Post #688 of 776
  Fiio X1 + Fiio E11k + Ostry KC06A + JVC Spiral Dots = OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

I'm just blown away by these Ostry's.  Going to have to add "Ostry fan boy" to my sig.

Awesome!

Feb 25, 2015 at 8:58 PM Post #689 of 776
Feb 25, 2015 at 9:01 PM Post #690 of 776
Yep.  I owe one to the Master Troll himself, Sfwalcer, for recommending these.

Huh, @sfwalcer is good for something after all! 
ph34r.gif

I know that Sf loves his kc06's. You have the kc06a's though, correct? What made you get them over the kc06?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back