THE OSTRY KC06A ! THE GUY WHO SURPRISES WITH SOUND, CLASS,LOOK AND MANY MORE, :D
Nov 9, 2014 at 9:19 AM Post #646 of 776
  It is good but in the under $100, it depends on your sound preference. You can't go wrong with the KC06A, but unless you try many different sounds you wonlt know what you like until you've had a taste of all flavours, so YMMV

Well I like a very clear, non recessed, realistic midrange (doesn't necessary have to be forward, just not recessed. But would be a plus if it was forward), good tight thumping bass (also good subbass presence) and clear, well extended treble and good instrument separation.

What would you say that applies more for my criteria; the KC06a or the VSD3S?

Nov 10, 2014 at 10:01 AM Post #647 of 776
Just wanted to add that when I say I like these better than the GR07, I don't think they're a better device. My recall of the GR07 was that it was more refined in general but the high frequency peak was something I couldn't personally deal with. Gr07 didn't really have more info but it had a bit less hash to hear through and just seemed a smoother overall presentation except for the one issue that many don't have my reaction to. 

Nov 10, 2014 at 2:31 PM Post #648 of 776
Well I like a very clear, non recessed, realistic midrange (doesn't necessary have to be forward, just not recessed. But would be a plus if it was forward), good tight thumping bass (also good subbass presence) and clear, well extended treble and good instrument separation.

What would you say that applies more for my criteria; the KC06a or the VSD3S?

What about comfort? Its the only thing about the KC06A that I dislike. No cable cinch so I cannot wear it up without hooks. Wearing the phones down feels like they're constantly trying to fall out of my ears so I need to wear them with the ear hooks but they're not really designed that way so its not so comfortable.

Other than that the sound is like how you want. Nice punchy bass, mids not too recessed, treble extends and good separation. They're like a less dark GR07

Nov 10, 2014 at 3:15 PM Post #649 of 776
What about comfort? Its the only thing about the KC06A that I dislike. No cable cinch so I cannot wear it up without hooks. Wearing the phones down feels like they're constantly trying to fall out of my ears so I need to wear them with the ear hooks but they're not really designed that way so its not so comfortable.

Other than that the sound is like how you want. Nice punchy bass, mids not too recessed, treble extends and good separation. They're like a less dark GR07

If the comfort is decent, I can live with that.

Nov 10, 2014 at 5:35 PM Post #650 of 776

They are OK if you wear them up with ear hooks. Other than that they keep dropping out of my ears wearing it down, no matter what tips.

Nov 10, 2014 at 5:41 PM Post #651 of 776
The KC06 is on lendmeurears.com for $25SGD off the $85SGD usual price. coupon code is os25

Nov 10, 2014 at 8:58 PM Post #652 of 776
The KC06 is on lendmeurears.com for $25SGD off the $85SGD usual price. coupon code is os25

That makes them $40US. Awesome deal.

Nov 10, 2014 at 9:09 PM Post #653 of 776

They are OK if you wear them up with ear hooks. Other than that they keep dropping out of my ears wearing it down, no matter what tips.

Interesting. I wear them down without that problem - I guess I get a pretty good seal/fit. I also wear them over the ears quite often without any problem.

Nov 11, 2014 at 1:36 AM Post #654 of 776
Interesting. I wear them down without that problem - I guess I get a pretty good seal/fit. I also wear them over the ears quite often without any problem.

I wish it came with a chin cinch. I might try and make my own with some heat shrink

Nov 11, 2014 at 1:42 AM Post #657 of 776
Oh yeah thanks for the tip. Might try and get black one otherwise it'll look so ghetto

Something like this: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/300pcs-LOOM-BANDS-Rubber-Refill-Kit-DIY-Magical-Bracelet-12-S-Clips-1-Hook-New-/151334683795?pt=AU_Kids_Arts_Crafts&var=&hash=item233c400493

They're already little guys.

Nov 11, 2014 at 1:44 AM Post #658 of 776
Nov 11, 2014 at 1:58 AM Post #659 of 776
That makes them $40US. Awesome deal.

So its still really worth buying KC06 @ $40, for its sound? Not comparing with its original street price.....and may be compared to any like vsd1/3 series,gr07 etc etc Anyone,for that matter.....yet KC06A is gorgeous. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back