THE OSTRY KC06A ! THE GUY WHO SURPRISES WITH SOUND, CLASS,LOOK AND MANY MORE, :D
Nov 11, 2014 at 4:49 AM Post #661 of 776
  Haven't done it but there has to be a nice sized rubber O ring available at a plumbing dept.

I believe I may have some O rings in the garage. Gotta check the size though

Nov 11, 2014 at 10:55 AM Post #662 of 776
I haven't done this either but there's always shrink tube. The question becomes if it shrinks evough after getting it over the splitter. In could always use a tube or bored would football shaped bit, split it and them shrink over it to have something more professional looking. I'm sure that wood or plastic beads are easy enough to find drill and split.

Nov 11, 2014 at 1:59 PM Post #664 of 776
Can you guys please test out how they sound unamped via a laptop or an Ipad?

They don't sound too bad out of an iPhone. It's a little more bassy and less balanced but still good

Nov 11, 2014 at 5:28 PM Post #665 of 776
I've had the kc06's for quite a while, and also quite a while ago I did the 'ol  "put scotch tape over the bass ports and then apply a pinprick" routine, and have been enjoying them this way ever since.

I received the kc06a's a few days ago. Got about 20 hours of burn in on them.

I have been ab'ing the kc06a's and the modded kc06's off of my cheapo (yet awesome) Ritmix (aka Kogan) player, and they sound so similar it's ridiculous, although I might be hearing more bass out of the modded kc06's, and smoother highs as well.

I'll try some other sources and see if further burn in time on the kc06a's has any effect. But the the good news is that they both sound awesome 
size]

Nov 27, 2014 at 2:33 PM Post #669 of 776
  What about shenzhenaudio? Is that site legit?

Yes. Bought a few items from them, no issues. I'm pretty sure many others have used them with success as well.

Fwiw, lendmeurears is having a 17% off black friday sale right now. That brings the kc06a's down from $77US to $64US. I'm pretty sure they will have a free shipping option.

Nov 27, 2014 at 2:45 PM Post #670 of 776

Yes. Bought a few items from them, no issues. I'm pretty sure many others have used them with success as well.

Fwiw, lendmeurears is having a 17% off black friday sale right now. That brings the kc06a's down from $77US to $64US. I'm pretty sure they will have a free shipping option.

http://www.shenzhenaudio.com/ostry-kc06a-hifi-professional-in-ear-high-performance-earphones.html

$54. Will order them this Friday or Saturday.

Nov 27, 2014 at 3:10 PM Post #671 of 776

Lendmeurears is less than that. Just bough today for about 53.5 US dollar, 43 euro because I'm in Europe.

EDIT: my mistake, I bough KC06. Not the "A".

Nov 27, 2014 at 3:38 PM Post #672 of 776
  http://www.shenzhenaudio.com/ostry-kc06a-hifi-professional-in-ear-high-performance-earphones.html

$54. Will order them this Friday or Saturday.

Good deal! 

Jan 5, 2015 at 8:01 PM Post #675 of 776
Hi I just knew about this amazing gem from a friend and I bought it right away. Did anyone commented on the different tips yet? I find the special red tips have way too much bass. I prefer the less bass medium size tips. Still a tack too much bass for some songs, but it makes the earphone really fun for pop and rock songs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back