The Orpheus of albums
Sep 3, 2003 at 12:33 PM Post #16 of 47
Anywhere??

How about here (Malaysia, exactly) .. I enjoy home-made albums, they seem more sincere and heartfelt and truly are on one course, to enjoy what they do and to make us enjoy what they did.

It's sad that only a few Malaysian bands really explore and succeed in this way. Damn Dirty Apes was one, they play space rock style, kinda like God Speed You Black Emperor. Anyway, IF there's any chance you might want to send me that cd, Orpheus, I'll gladly try my best in fulfilling my part of the deal.

Sep 3, 2003 at 4:44 PM Post #17 of 47
By the way Orpheus, in the first track "Introduction" there is what sounds like a human voice saying something...what is the voice saying and is it a real or synthesized voice?

Keep up the good work and i'm looking forward to hearing more of your work in the future
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 4, 2003 at 3:19 AM Post #18 of 47
the first voice, the low rumbling one, is actually me saying "DTC Studios" after being warped through like 6 plug-ins! i thought that one sounded pretty cool. the second one, after the song ends, i also whisper "falling to dreams"... but it's badly recorded and i really should take it out. the problem is, my equipment isn't set up the same way anymore, so it's gonna be hard to get the same sound as before... and i'm getting lazy these days.

Sep 4, 2003 at 10:01 AM Post #19 of 47
Quote:

Originally posted by Vertigo-1
How might one purchase this CD? I notice it's not on Amazon...yet. Sounds like it'd be up my alley.

you can buy the cd on mp3.com here
smily_headphones1.gif
<-- [edit:
redface.gif
link removed, since it's not of much use
wink.gif
]

and i'd have to agree with squirt: it's an awesome CD
biggrin.gif
("lighter and lighter" being my fav
wink.gif
)

Sep 9, 2003 at 11:58 AM Post #21 of 47
Orpheus,

I received the CD a couple days ago. This stuff sounds phenomenal! Thanks a ton for sharing your music with me. And you definitely need to take this and any upcoming CDs to the full professional level!
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 9, 2003 at 6:30 PM Post #22 of 47
Let me join in on this love fest! Dean sent me a copy of this disc when he made an extension cable for my K-1000's. A nice touch is the personalized label with "Wayne" on the top of the disc and his signature on the bottom. Its sounds great, especially with those K-1000 cables!

Sep 9, 2003 at 9:15 PM Post #24 of 47
Well as I told you in my PM this is phenomenal man, my wife instantly made me make a copy for her, of course after all my nasty stuff this is the blessing...but honestly I love it....I was pretty busy but count with me to promote your music as soon as I got a chance I will begin the duty......

Sep 10, 2003 at 1:52 AM Post #27 of 47
Thanks, Orpheus! Mine arrived today, and I've been listening to it all night as I sit here at the computer. Really cool -- broad, rolling, sweeping sounds, at times with an Eastern sounding tinge. Some of the songs (like "Crying") with the exotic sounding melody make me think back to the year I spent in Taiwan.

And the CD TEXT is a really nice touch.

Folks, Dean has sent out this wonderful sounding music in a brand new jewel case, with printed sleeves and a printed label on the CD itself, and personalized to boot! And all that just for asking.

Thanks again, Dean (aka Orpheus)!

Sep 10, 2003 at 8:09 AM Post #28 of 47
hello there.

thanks guys for all the support!!!--it is really the most important thing to an aspiring musician. obviously, i'm not in this for any money... i'm doing it because i enjoy making music, and sharing with everyone. it's your comments i live for.

...this giveaway was huge! i think in the past 1/2 year!!!, i made about 40 trips to the post office, shipping about 100-200 CDs... for a total of about 300-400 CDs over the past decade. amazing. i had a lot of fun. unfortunately, i have exhausted my supplies (all your fault!!!) and will need to get another trunkfull from the computer show when i get back in november. then i should be able to send a bunch more out then. until then, please keep me in mind, and email your requests then.

Orpheus

Sep 10, 2003 at 6:47 PM Post #30 of 47
Awesome CD.

A purely emotional, first impressions after 1 listen, description:

Sound that is just so immersive:
Relaxing, meditative, contemplative

But not at all lacking an underlying raw, but moderated, passion

more emotional than intellectual sound

dedication, determination, pusposeful

peace, calm, heal, safe, tolerant, open

studyable, meditatable, ponderable, enjoyable, reflective

forest, streams, sunlight filtering through trees, laid back, content but at times more of a sad happy, discovery, explore, unattainable perfection

listenable in almost any quiet-like setting. not at all appropriate for parties.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back