The ORIVETI PRIMACY and NEW PRIMACY Triple-Driver Hybrid In-Ears Impressions and Discussions Thread
Jun 6, 2018 at 4:03 AM Post #452 of 615
For those who have tried both, is the Oriveti New Primacy worth the $100 increase compared to the B400 in cost for my needs?

I gave you a reply in the B400 thread, but have now skimmed your thread. I think what you are looking for is the New Primacy! We all hear different so take all this with a grain of salt and try to listen to the Primacy if at all possible before you buy.

Within the last year I have bought and sold the B&W P7 and the Denon AH-MM400. I prefer the Primacy over both these headphones price not relevant. The Denon was overall too warm with recessed mids, bass was OK but nothing more. The P7 was a tad better overall compared to the Denon. Mids not as recessed, nice treble, bass ok but would sometimes bleed into the mids. It is a B&W headphone afterall :)

I think the Primacys signature hits my sweet spot, take this into consideration. For some the treble may has a bit too much sparkle, though lesser than the Beyer Amiron, and for me it's what make them lively and suitable for almost all kind of music and recordings, good or bad master. The mids are brighter and more forward than both the AH-MM400 and B400. Bass has the perfect amount, it's very present but will never interfere with the mids.

Overall i love these small iems and have a hard time finding something better without breaking the bank! As good as these are they are not TOTL iems but the price certainly doesn't indicate that either.

Jun 6, 2018 at 10:20 AM Post #453 of 615
I gave you a reply in the B400 thread, but have now skimmed your thread. I think what you are looking for is the New Primacy! We all hear different so take all this with a grain of salt and try to listen to the Primacy if at all possible before you buy.

Within the last year I have bought and sold the B&W P7 and the Denon AH-MM400. I prefer the Primacy over both these headphones price not relevant.

I think the Primacys signature hits my sweet spot, take this into consideration. For some the treble may has a bit too much sparkle, though lesser than the Beyer Amiron, and for me it's what make them lively and suitable for almost all kind of music and recordings, good or bad master. The mids are brighter and more forward than both the AH-MM400 and B400. Bass has the perfect amount, it's very present but will never interfere with the mids.

Overall i love these small iems and have a hard time finding something better without breaking the bank! As good as these are they are not TOTL iems but the price certainly doesn't indicate that either.

This is all great to hear - though the sharp/sparkly treble has me a bit worried. A few questions remain, however:
  • Will these sound good driven from a cellphone? (Currently the OnePlus 3 and looking to purchase the OnePlus 6.)
  • How are the ear hooks? Are they comfortable? I like the angle/bend of the cable on the B400 and I'm kind of worried about needing a bulkier attachment to achieve the same feel.
  • Is the glossy Jet Black version not available anymore? I actually find myself liking the look of that one a bit more than the matte.
  • Just to be thorough, are there any other 'best' options between the B400 and these? (i.e: Best under $300, $259, etc.)
Thank you for all your help, I'm definitely coming around to the Oriveti New Primacy - even though there doesn't seem to be anywhere to try them nearby...

Jun 6, 2018 at 11:25 AM Post #454 of 615
This is all great to hear - though the sharp/sparkly treble has me a bit worried. A few questions remain, however:
  • Will these sound good driven from a cellphone? (Currently the OnePlus 3 and looking to purchase the OnePlus 6.)
  • How are the ear hooks? Are they comfortable? I like the angle/bend of the cable on the B400 and I'm kind of worried about needing a bulkier attachment to achieve the same feel.
  • Is the glossy Jet Black version not available anymore? I actually find myself liking the look of that one a bit more than the matte.
  • Just to be thorough, are there any other 'best' options between the B400 and these? (i.e: Best under $300, $259, etc.)
Thank you for all your help, I'm definitely coming around to the Oriveti New Primacy - even though there doesn't seem to be anywhere to try them nearby...

• I mostly use my LG G6 with them, they are easy to drive. Don't know about Oneplus phones.
  • I don't use the provided hooks I think they are awkward to use :). I use overear and don't have a problem with fit or comfort. The provided cable is excellent in my opinion, it's very flexible and rest on my ear.
  • I am not sure I will call the treble sharp but it's of course relative. It's brighter than the B400 though.
  • http://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/ori...arphones-with-detachable-cable-jet-black.html - don't know if they ship to Canada.
  • There are countless iems in today market :). These are around 300 usd and excellent.
FLC 8S /8D
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/flc-technology-flc8-and-flc8s-impressions-thread.777158/

Ibasso ITO3 and soon to be released ITO4 though more expensive.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/ibasso-audio-it03.807881/
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/ibasso-it04-the-un-iem-4-drivers-the-it-can.873072/

Periodic Be
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/periodic-audio-iems-mg-ti-be.840451/

General discussion
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-iem-ear-bud-lounge.855661/

Jun 6, 2018 at 3:55 PM Post #455 of 615
  • I mostly use my LG G6 with them, they are easy to drive. Don't know about Oneplus phones.
  • I don't use the provided hooks I think they are awkward to use :). I use overear and don't have a problem with fit or comfort. The provided cable is excellent in my opinion, it's very flexible and rest on my ear.
  • I am not sure I will call the treble sharp but it's of course relative. It's brighter than the B400 though.
  • http://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/ori...arphones-with-detachable-cable-jet-black.html - don't know if they ship to Canada.
  • That's good to hear - I know they have a very low impedance, do they hiss from your phone at all? Does it impact your enjoyment if so?
  • That's also good to hear - assuming I order them and don't change the cables, I'll see how they feel compared to the B400, which has the inbuilt bend.
  • That's not bad in itself, so it should be fine, fingers crossed though.
  • Nice - they offer by far the best price I've seen on them too! Thanks for that! It does look like I won't get the new metal straight plug with those though... (Jet Black only comes with the plastic L shaped plug. :frowning2: )

Jun 7, 2018 at 11:27 AM Post #456 of 615
  • That's good to hear - I know they have a very low impedance, do they hiss from your phone at all? Does it impact your enjoyment if so?
  • That's also good to hear - assuming I order them and don't change the cables, I'll see how they feel compared to the B400, which has the inbuilt bend.
  • Nice - they offer by far the best price I've seen on them too! Thanks for that! It does look like I won't get the new metal straight plug with those though... (Jet Black only comes with the plastic L shaped plug. :frowning2: )

I don't hear any hiss, but I have mildly tinnitus so not sure I would hear it anyway :).

For portable use I actually prefer L shaped plug, but I have the normal black version with a straight plug. I didn't know that version come with L shape. If I knew that I would have bought the jet version!

If you buy it I hope you will be satisfied with it :)

Jun 7, 2018 at 11:44 AM Post #457 of 615

- I got ground noise via my laptop, not too loud but still bothering me. IEMatch (50$) could fix that
- Earhook is not comfortable

Some tracks is bloomy, other ones is great, based on my listening experience with hd600

Jun 7, 2018 at 12:17 PM Post #458 of 615
Thanks for all the feedback everyone - I've gone through and ordered the matte black version from HI Fi Headphones in the UK and they came out to $340.65 Canadian all in.

Main thing I'm worried about is the bulkiness/awkwardness of the seemingly rubber/braided/non-bent cable and any cable noise it may have, but I've got some amazon gift cards to buy a brainwavz (or other) mmcx cable if the included one doesn't satisfy me, so I should be good!

Fingers crossed I enjoy them, and I'll be sure to post my thoughts once they arrive! :)

Jun 7, 2018 at 4:37 PM Post #459 of 615
Thanks for all the feedback everyone - I've gone through and ordered the matte black version from HI Fi Headphones in the UK and they came out to $340.65 Canadian all in.

Main thing I'm worried about is the bulkiness/awkwardness of the seemingly rubber/braided/non-bent cable and any cable noise it may have, but I've got some amazon gift cards to buy a brainwavz (or other) mmcx cable if the included one doesn't satisfy me, so I should be good!

Fingers crossed I enjoy them, and I'll be sure to post my thoughts once they arrive! :)
No cable noise and the cable is very soft so you don't have to worry.
Actually, the cable is too soft to stay put on my ears.

Jun 20, 2018 at 9:07 AM Post #464 of 615
Just ordered from Hi Fi headphones as well. Arrived at home already and desperate to get out of the office and give them a try! Hoping they're a big improvement over the Fiio F9 Pros O just bought and sent back, they looked and felt amazing, but sounded terrible!

Jun 20, 2018 at 10:21 AM Post #465 of 615
Just ordered from Hi Fi headphones as well. Arrived at home already and desperate to get out of the office and give them a try! Hoping they're a big improvement over the Fiio F9 Pros O just bought and sent back, they looked and felt amazing, but sounded terrible!

If you don't mind my asking, where did you order from and how long did it take to get to you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back