The ORIVETI PRIMACY and NEW PRIMACY Triple-Driver Hybrid In-Ears Impressions and Discussions Thread
May 9, 2018 at 12:29 PM Post #437 of 615
Yup I have, nice pairing but I have the Effect Audio Ares ii cable on my NP. But the sound was very smooth, good extension on both ends and could listen for hours and hours and hours. Recommend it :). But now I have upgraded to the Q5

Thanks very much :beyersmile: I plan on getting the q5 later as well. What kind of improvement did you notice from this jump?

May 9, 2018 at 2:44 PM Post #438 of 615
Thanks very much :beyersmile: I plan on getting the q5 later as well. What kind of improvement did you notice from this jump?

BHeter overall clarity and detail, and tonal balance.

For ONP, go with a different set of tips and maybe cable as well, if you want to squeeze all you can from them

May 9, 2018 at 5:17 PM Post #439 of 615
from my HTC 10 to the Q1Mkii, I noticed over better clarity and separation, treble, mids and lows have improved with better separation both ends. Details pop out a little more but definitely the sound was more smoother and slight laid back but in a good way. I'd recommend new eartips (Spinfits) and a upgrade cable (Effect Audio Aress ii) to bring the best out of the ONP. It truly makes it a beast, mids come a little more forward, clarity steps up a fair amount... It just sounds like it should be sounding :). When I first purchased the ONP I was impressed but always felt something sounded weird. Update these two slight upgrades, trust me, seriously worth :D.

May 25, 2018 at 9:10 PM Post #440 of 615
Guys, would these babies go well with the Shanling M2s given the fact that it has like 4ohm out put?
I'm looking for something smooth and relaxed but not too dull, and the local store is offering these at 170$ so I'm really thinking about grabbing them.

May 26, 2018 at 7:41 AM Post #441 of 615
Guys, would these babies go well with the Shanling M2s given the fact that it has like 4ohm out put?
I'm looking for something smooth and relaxed but not too dull, and the local store is offering these at 170$ so I'm really thinking about grabbing them.

You can grab them, at that price point it is hard to find something on this type of signature that would work as well.

IF you wanted any other type of sound, like energetic, or V-shaped, or super bassy, or more emotional, there are other options, but for smooth, clear, lean, and natural midrange,those are really good, an at that price they'd be a steal.

I listened to them on M2s, worked flawlessly. Even on R6 which has about 10 OHM of output impedance, they work well for me and my ears.

https://audiophile-heaven.blogspot.ro/2017/11/oriveti-new-primacy-elegant-affordable-romantic.html

May 26, 2018 at 8:48 AM Post #442 of 615
You can grab them, at that price point it is hard to find something on this type of signature that would work as well.

IF you wanted any other type of sound, like energetic, or V-shaped, or super bassy, or more emotional, there are other options, but for smooth, clear, lean, and natural midrange,those are really good, an at that price they'd be a steal.

I listened to them on M2s, worked flawlessly. Even on R6 which has about 10 OHM of output impedance, they work well for me and my ears.

https://audiophile-heaven.blogspot.ro/2017/11/oriveti-new-primacy-elegant-affordable-romantic.html
Thanks for the reply man. There's only one left at the store so they have no demo unit for me so I cannot try them, but go through all those pages, these babies sound like what I'm lookinh for.
Gonna grab them tomorrow.

May 27, 2018 at 12:48 AM Post #444 of 615
Thanks for the reply man. There's only one left at the store so they have no demo unit for me so I cannot try them, but go through all those pages, these babies sound like what I'm lookinh for.
Gonna grab them tomorrow.
Try to grab some different eartips as well if possible. Maybe the stock eartips may work for you for a few other headfiers, a difference is noticeable when changing to a different eartip. For me spinfits worked best and I can never go back to stock as it made the sound muffled to my ears. But trust me, the potential these iems have, for the price it's already a awesome bang for the buck iem. But for that price you mentioned, it would be a horrible crime if you didn't go for it haha. Good luck and hope you like them :D

May 27, 2018 at 8:30 AM Post #446 of 615
Last edited:
May 27, 2018 at 11:47 AM Post #447 of 615
I hope they bring lots of fun to you!
Well, just got these today and I have to say the sound is exactly what I'm looking for.
Full, rich and smooth but not too dull, really enjoying this, but I think I have a lilttle issue with them, personally: Driver flex.
Now I know before purchasing that they have driver flex thorugh your review, and I've been experiencing driver flex before on almost all my DD iems, thanks to my weird right ear canal, but this time it's a little bit too much: The driver flexes so bad, it gets stuck and no sound is coming out from the right earphone unless I pull it out a little bit and here another pop.
I've tried to insert them in very slowly, open my mouth a little bit, pull out my ear etc but the driver is so sensitive, every I touch it it flexes and gets stuck = no sound.
I'm aware that it won't affect the sound but isn't this a little bit too much, will it eventually damage the driver or I'm being paranoid here?

Last edited:
May 27, 2018 at 12:50 PM Post #448 of 615
I purchased ONP yesterday and found noise when plugging it into my laptop
Is there any ways to fix that? I am planning to try IEmatch or something like that

As @Chessblitzer2017 pointed out, a good DAC/AMP would also provide better oiverall SQ

FiiO Q5 is a good one, like DH1000 from HIDIZS

Dac amp would solve it. It's very small and comes with cables for iPhone,USB,and droid
https://www.amazon.com/SMSL-SABRE9018Q2C-Portable-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B071XXYPR5

Well, just got these today and I have to say the sound is exactly what I'm looking for.
Full, rich and smooth but not too dull, really enjoying this, but I think I have a lilttle issue with them, personally: Driver flex.
Now I know before purchasing that they have driver flex thorugh your review, and I've been experiencing driver flex before on almost all my DD iems, thanks to my weird right ear canal, but this time it's a little bit too much: The driver flexes so bad, it gets stuck and no sound is coming out from the right earphone unless I pull it out a little bit and here another pop.
I've tried to insert them in very slowly, open my mouth a little bit, pull out my ear etc but the driver is so sensitive, every I touch it it flexes and gets stuck = no sound.
I'm aware that it won't affect the sound but isn't this a little bit too much, will it eventually damage the driver or I'm being paranoid here?

It should not damage them, if what most companies say is true, but yes, they have lots, I couldn't not mention it in my review... I am also pretty sensitie to driver flex

Happy they are on par with your tastes though!

May 27, 2018 at 1:24 PM Post #449 of 615
As @Chessblitzer2017 pointed out, a good DAC/AMP would also provide better oiverall SQ

FiiO Q5 is a good one, like DH1000 from HIDIZS

It should not damage them, if what most companies say is true, but yes, they have lots, I couldn't not mention it in my review... I am also pretty sensitie to driver flex

Happy they are on par with your tastes though!
Yeah, was about to do some tips rolling but I'm sticking to Spinfits for now as they help securing them in my ear so I don't help to adjust them every once in a while.

Jun 3, 2018 at 11:26 PM Post #450 of 615
Ok, I've been enjoying these little gems enormously the last couple of days, especially during the night with low volume. They're just magical.
Now, I think the next logical step would be upgrading with some aftermarket cables to squeeze a lillte bit extra out of them.
Some quick researchs and it has been narrowed down to two usual suspects: The Pwaudio No. 5 and The Effect audio Ares II.
So has anyone here who has both or has heard both, could you give me some general impressions about these two? What would be better with the ONP?
Thanks alot in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back