The Opamp thread
Oct 31, 2016 at 10:44 AM Post #5,431 of 7,383
I had a feeling that the OPAMP might be an issue but I don't have a scope or the skills to use one to test it. I think I'll get a Burson to replace it just to be safe and feel confident there are no issues. The sound of the LT1364 is quite nice but if its causing damage to my equipment possibly I'm not too keen on that.

As for the Burson, is the tall one better and if so, is using an extender a bad thing to fit it inside the case?

Thank you for the reply.

Nov 4, 2016 at 7:47 AM Post #5,435 of 7,383
Anyone know how MUSE 01/02 compares against AD797s ?

Nov 5, 2016 at 2:02 AM Post #5,436 of 7,383
Quote:Originally Posted by scruffy1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  i have now had a mere two days of using the burson v5i

it replaced a dual opa627 in the buffer position on my asus xonar hdav1.3, that was initially occupied by the stock supplied (LM)4562NA

having decided in short order that the opa627 was an improvement on the 4562na i never changed it out in half a decade because it seemed clear to me that opa627 was better at "tight" bass and general all round reproduction

until wednesday afternoon...  when i discovered how the burson v5i compares

in a word : better
in more words : n(much) better
-----

Any idea about size/dimension of the V5i, I mean the length breadth, and more importantly height.  Can these be used in DAP like Fiio AMP1 module. Thanks

Nov 25, 2016 at 7:26 AM Post #5,443 of 7,383
Hi all

Last month I recieved Burson V5i dual opamp product for testing.
First of all, a big thanks to bursun audio especially Charles that provide this chip to me for testing.
I tested this product and then sent it to my friend to have his expriences.

Our tests, me and my friend, are carried under different conditions, with different components and different wires, I Use silver-plated wire and my friend have copper one
These results are obtained when break-in time passed and sound became stable
These are our impressions that bothly agree with, in spite of diferrent testing condition that we have.

at first I put this chip in input stage of my amplifier and encounter with tempreture rising of chip, it reached aproximately up to 75 degree celsius, really hot, and sound became distorted
I emailed to burson and they said this situation is not normal and may be due to weak connection..
anyway, I got rid of this problem and my friend didn't have any issue with implementing this chip.

Compare the heat 627 :

We think this is a high resolution chip. Sound is dynamic especially in vocal.
So soft sounding chip that fits for long listening without fatigue.
In terms of sound stage, we believe this chip has soundstage, best part of staging in this chip is percepted at mid-range but soundstage at mid bass range is crowded and messy.
Low frequency is back-bone of staging and any flaw in this range could have defect in sound image.
When chip is cold, it sounds more organic and soft, stage at mid bass is acceptable, mid bass is punchy, vocal is a little backward and high range is a bit polished and soft but after the chip is warmed up low frequencies become a bit messy, vocals become more clear and in position and high range become more powerfull, sterile and clinical.
In spite of using ceramic caps, we didn't find any piezo effect on sound.!!! This is very  good. 
TDK ceramic is good, but we intrested in film capacitors, Vintage and Vinyl Style :wink:
This is a high class chip with clear sound, details especially in mid-rang is very dynamic and enjoyable.

Best regards,
Afshin

Dec 7, 2016 at 3:42 AM Post #5,444 of 7,383
What is a suitable replacement for 
JRC2114D?

I just bought a X-Fi Titanium HD. Was thinking about a NE5532, then saw it was dual opamps. not sure what to use!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back