The Opamp thread
Oct 1, 2009 at 10:50 PM Post #1,051 of 7,383
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpudHarris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Been rollin' most of the night and ain't gettin to enjoy the music and relax much because of this compulsion to find somthing better, arrrgh!!

Calling it a night now and I'm back to my old faithfulls the OPA132UA's. The LT1363's are still in the wings but for now I'm gonna chillax with my new Master Margherita album and a glass of Jameson's. Later taters!

Oct 1, 2009 at 10:50 PM Post #1,052 of 7,383
leeperry, let me just say this: what do you expect from a forum whose owner and chief wants to be called "Jude Mansilla", hoping that it's not his real name...?

Surely it can't be anything too clean or too serious... in fact it isn't either.

And yes, they did a good job with me.
wink.gif

Oct 1, 2009 at 10:55 PM Post #1,054 of 7,383
They did an equally good job with a few other respectable members that I knew.
smile_phones.gif

Tomorrow morning I'll replace the OPA132UA with the LT1028CS8 and see if I don't find the latter to sound better. I've never compared these directly before.

I'm really interested in this comparison. Both are audio opamps that sound great... clearly, I'll keep the winner
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 2, 2009 at 12:05 AM Post #1,055 of 7,383
Got the LME49710HAs today and mounted them...

P1050632.jpg

After about an hour of burn-in, they sound very good. I can't say with any certainty yet that they sound better than the dual version. I need more burn-in and critical listening to determine any differences. I didn't notice any difference between the opa1612 and 2 opa1611 chips.

EDIT: Ugh...just realized I left solder on the pins. Need to clean that off post haste!

Oct 2, 2009 at 1:00 AM Post #1,056 of 7,383
Quote:

Originally Posted by ecclesand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got the LME49710HAs today and mounted them...

hah, ghetto style!
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by you learn slowly /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They did an equally good job with a few other respectable members that I knew.
smile_phones.gif

well, there are rules on every forum..I think head-fi is a fantastic community and a HUGE knowledge base. Sure there's many shills(I've also been offered to become one on several occasions
biggrin.gif
), nolife naggers who want to turn every thread into flame wars...ignore list exists for a reason, there must like 50 ppl on mine.

god***n, it's 3AM and I wanna roll either the 2727 or the 2132...but that 2107 doesn't sound too bad either now
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 2, 2009 at 1:10 AM Post #1,057 of 7,383
Quote:

Originally Posted by leeperry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hah, ghetto style!
biggrin.gif

well, there are rules on every forum..I think head-fi is a fantastic community and a HUGE knowledge base. Sure there's many shills(I've also been offered to become one on several occasions
biggrin.gif
), nolife naggers who want to turn every thread into flame wars...ignore list exists for a reason, there must like 50 ppl on mine.

god***n, it's 3AM and I wanna roll either the 2727 or the 2132...but that 2107 doesn't sound too bad either now
evil_smiley.gif

Hey, I thought you gave up on the TI opamps?
popcorn.gif

Oct 2, 2009 at 1:14 AM Post #1,058 of 7,383
I thought so too! but maybe after some burn-in they *really* sound better?! I've got the impression that the LME/LT chips burn-out after a few days
frown.gif

first they sound really really nice, then they start giving ugly resonances in the trebles..ah well, I love the magic thinking towards these chips.

One thing I know is that the LT1364 has some magic going on...something hard to explain
redface.gif

Oct 2, 2009 at 1:17 AM Post #1,059 of 7,383
Quote:

I thought so too! but maybe after some burn-in they *really* sound better?! I've got the impression that the LME/LT chips burn-out after a few days
frown.gif

first they sound really really nice, then they start giving ugly resonances in the trebles..ah well, I love the magic thinking towards these chips.

One thing I know is that the LT1364 has some magic going on...something hard to explain
redface.gif

I experience the same thing. I just received the LT1364 today so I will give that a listen. I have already listened to 2 LT1363s and they sounded OK, but not that great. Not as good as the LT1678 or 2 LT1677s to my ears. I also tried the LT1028 today. I think I like it better than the LT1363s, but more listening is needed.

Oct 2, 2009 at 1:21 AM Post #1,060 of 7,383
"the same thing" what? great first impression quickly fading out? it's really annoying....I was initially totally blown away by the 1364, so amazing! and now, all it gives me is terribly resonating trebles..just like the 49720HA
frown.gif

Oct 2, 2009 at 1:23 AM Post #1,061 of 7,383
Quote:

"the same thing" what? great first impression quickly fading out? it's really annoying....I was initially totally blown away by the 1364, so amazing! and now, all it gives me is terribly resonating trebles..just like the 49720HA
frown.gif

Yes, that same thing.
biggrin.gif

Oct 2, 2009 at 1:26 AM Post #1,062 of 7,383
well the 2107 after a few hours of burn-in sounds nice, but the mids are not HD enough to my taste. it feels too distorted, a la 5532/2134...the bass doesn't slam like crazy like the 2132/1364, and the mids are wonky.

maybe it'd sound different after 3 days of burn-in?
biggrin.gif

ok it's now 3:30AM, I think it's time to put back the amazing 1364
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 2, 2009 at 2:00 AM Post #1,064 of 7,383
Quote:

oh yes, the LT1364CN8 is good stuff! slightly tubby, very natural...feels like a creamy milkshake on a hot day
ethnik.gif

I'm listening to the LT1364 right now. Pretty good! Of course, that means after a day or two, it will start to sound like ****. Oh well...at least I'll enjoy the ride until then.

Oct 2, 2009 at 2:14 AM Post #1,065 of 7,383
I started to hear some nasty trebles resonances after I rolled the 1469...no idea why! but I'm not rolling anything until I get my 1028/1363/1677
rolleyes.gif

its SS is not very wide, but the low end bass is great, the trebles are not whiney and the mids/general sound signature is slightly tubby and sooo natural. you could almost close your eyes and think you're in the studio cabin.

it doesn't try to impress w/ a huge SS, it aims at being natural...a quality most op-amps simply lack.

no wonder LT recommends it as one of the top choices for audio
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back