The Opamp thread
Nov 26, 2011 at 10:02 PM Post #3,571 of 7,383

Quote:
I've bought some smaller resistors since that allow the socket to go deeper. 2k should be fine, what opamp are you using it with?

I wonder why i never see anyone using surface mount LEDs for the CCS bias? much lower noise

Nov 26, 2011 at 10:45 PM Post #3,572 of 7,383
Cuz they don't know that?

Now I do.  =p

Nov 27, 2011 at 6:11 AM Post #3,574 of 7,383

Quote:
Cuz they don't know that?

Now I do.  =p

=D well you see LEDs being employed in solid state amps and the odd tube amp or power supply/regulator as part of a low noise current source or voltage reference for bias all the time, i just wondered why i'd never seen it used with opamps here. they arent the most stable reference available due to changing their forward voltage drop with temp, but then so do resistors and LEDS are lower noise..and so pretty

Nov 27, 2011 at 7:15 PM Post #3,580 of 7,383

Quote:
I think digikey has these muses... I am really curious about these also, wondering why they can charge too high.

the way i see it, not all that much reason. specs are pretty ordinary (not even good) in a number of categories by todays standards, seems everyone else agrees because its becoming a non-stock item when/if they can sell the rest of the parts. it looks to me like they are still selling the initial stock purchase from 2009 and maybe i'm living in a ditch but ive never heard of them

'pursuing super low crosstalk between left and right channels' 

lol, then make a single

Nov 27, 2011 at 8:29 PM Post #3,582 of 7,383
$50 is more than enough for killer opamps.

Nov 28, 2011 at 4:19 PM Post #3,585 of 7,383
I have a HA INFO NG94 version 1 dac and would like to try different opamps in it. Opamps in it are rollable so the change probably should be pretty easy. It has two opa2604 at the I/V section (whatever that is) and one opa2604 for the output buffer. I assume that these are for the dac. Then it has two BUF634's and one opa2604 for the headphone amplifier. So does anyone have any tips which opamps would work fine in this configuration? I don't have any electronics skills so I can't do anything else than change the opamps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back