The Opamp thread
Oct 11, 2011 at 6:26 AM Post #3,481 of 7,383

Quote:
Early impressions of the ada4627-1brz in my setup are very positive. There's amazing detail, effortless clarity in dynamic passages, drums have impact and snap, and bass is very well defined in the balanced presentation. This may have just replaced Moon as my preferred opamp in the Fun for the HD650.

olor1n,

how does the earth, moon and sun compared to the ada 4627-1BRZ???

Oct 11, 2011 at 4:21 PM Post #3,483 of 7,383
Hi guys,

Just bought a Titanium HD and trying to decide what opamps to use...
Have these on the way: OPA2134,2111KP,LME49720 (HA and NA),AD797ANZ with the LME49710NA already stock in the buffers.

So what setup would be best for chilled vocal dubstep like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDI6HTR9arA (i know not a common type of music but i like it :p) I have dt770 cans which have recessed mids so perhaps something which could bring those out could work well but im not sure...
Great bass is also a must :D

Thanks allot guys and gals

Oct 12, 2011 at 8:10 AM Post #3,484 of 7,383
im looking for a dual Opamp, for a cmoy type amp, clean, balanced sound, quick attack, so no burr brown sound.

Oct 12, 2011 at 8:11 AM Post #3,485 of 7,383
its got a standard opamp socket, so if i need an adapter tell me. If i can get it all on ebay, better.

Oct 12, 2011 at 7:45 PM Post #3,488 of 7,383

Quote:
olor1n,

how does the earth, moon and sun compared to the ada 4627-1BRZ??? 

It's like comparing HD800 to $3 earbuds.

I'm kidding.

ADA4627-1B offers more clarity, extension, resolution, control, precision, transparency, body, and better layering and speed.  It is also energetic like OPA Sun and more neutral than even Earth, which quite frankly, isn't neutral.  (Somewhere along the way in the past two years, it went from "closest to neutral" to downright "neutral" even though there's been no change in the design if I am not mistaken.  People today still find it colored versus neutral chip opamps.)  4627's soundstage is deeper than those others as well.  It's really not a fair comparison, I think.  I've been having loads of fun with it. (No pun intended.)

Oct 13, 2011 at 1:18 AM Post #3,489 of 7,383

Quote:

It's like comparing HD800 to $3 earbuds.

I'm kidding.

ADA4627-1B offers more clarity, extension, resolution, control, precision, transparency, body, and better layering and speed.  It is also energetic like OPA Sun and more neutral than even Earth, which quite frankly, isn't neutral.  (Somewhere along the way in the past two years, it went from "closest to neutral" to downright "neutral" even though there's been no change in the design if I am not mistaken.  People today still find it colored versus neutral chip opamps.)  4627's soundstage is deeper than those others as well.  It's really not a fair comparison, I think.  I've been having loads of fun with it. (No pun intended.)

Hi Mad Max,

What is the capacitor that you used for the power supply bypass in the picture? It looks like a Vishay-Roderstein MKP1837 1uf. Is that the best for th4627-1B?

Oct 13, 2011 at 2:08 AM Post #3,490 of 7,383

Quote:

Hi are you talking to me or RandomKid mate?

to RandomKid, my friend

Quote:
Hi guys,

Just bought a Titanium HD and trying to decide what opamps to use...
Have these on the way: OPA2134,2111KP,LME49720 (HA and NA),AD797ANZ with the LME49710NA already stock in the buffers.

So what setup would be best for chilled vocal dubstep like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDI6HTR9arA (i know not a common type of music but i like it :p) I have dt770 cans which have recessed mids so perhaps something which could bring those out could work well but im not sure...
Great bass is also a must :D

Thanks allot guys and gals

do you try opa211-ID yet? coz' they have deep bass sound too

Oct 13, 2011 at 3:43 AM Post #3,491 of 7,383

Quote:

Mad Max - Are those metal cans 602CM? Can't think of another opamp that ends ''02CM'' What do you think of them? I got 4 off them a couple of months back, they are very, very hard to find these days.... I don't like them as much as the BP version. Dunno, something seems missing. Very detailed, holographic with a massive soundstage but just don't grip me the way the BP's do. Be interesting to hear what you think.

Oct 13, 2011 at 4:25 AM Post #3,493 of 7,383

Quote:
I've been messing around trying to find a way to test different caps?

I know it's a bit of a hassle, but try to keep the leads as short as possible.  Long leads can cause HF instability and oscillations.  These may mask the true differences between the caps.  Soldering directly across the pins of the chip is best, but I realise that you want a practical method of swapping them quickly.  I have seen adapters in the past that had positions for capacitor mountings on them.  Either that, or solder turned-pin sockets directly to the chip/adapter.

Oct 13, 2011 at 6:18 AM Post #3,494 of 7,383

Quote:
Hi Mad Max,

What is the capacitor that you used for the power supply bypass in the picture? It looks like a Vishay-Roderstein MKP1837 1uf. Is that the best for th4627-1B?

Yes they are.  I love those caps, but there are others you can try as well.  There is also a small 12pF ceramic on the underside.  It should be 1pF or so, but I don't have any of those on hand at the moment.

Quote:
Mad Max - Are those metal cans 602CM? Can't think of another opamp that ends ''02CM'' What do you think of them? I got 4 off them a couple of months back, they are very, very hard to find these days.... I don't like them as much as the BP version. Dunno, something seems missing. Very detailed, holographic with a massive soundstage but just don't grip me the way the BP's do. Be interesting to hear what you think.

Yup, 602CM indeed.  =]
Yes, I noticed the same thing... perhaps too many odd harmonics being emphasized?  It doesn't sound natural for some reason.  BP sounds less unnatural.  After some tinkering, I expected 602CM and 797BR to come out on top as best opamps to me, but I am instead preferring 4627-1B and OPA827 over 797 and 602CM.  4627 most especially blows me away with its thick, ultra-refined, analytical-to-death sound, not to mention energetic.  I am never going without caps again; oscillation really blows, lol.  I didn't even like 797 before, and now its one of my favorites.

I don't like those WIMA MKP - too colored and rounded.  Have you tried EVOX/RIFA caps?  ERO MKP1837 are clearer, much more balanced, more precise, and cleaner than the WIMA MKP.  I've put them into my M-Stage amp as well.  Fantastic for power decoupling/bypassing and what not.  They're even an upgrade over the stock bypass caps on A-gd's HDAMs.

Oct 13, 2011 at 11:49 AM Post #3,495 of 7,383
Nope i havent traied any opamps yet, those listed are on the way...is the OPA2111KP any good?

Cheers mate

Quote:

to RandomKid, my friend
do you try opa211-ID yet? coz' they have deep bass sound too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back