The Opamp thread
Jul 27, 2009 at 4:46 PM Post #301 of 7,383
Quote:

Originally Posted by cippo lippo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BTW, maybe I'll keep swapping once in a while LM4562 - OPA827 - OPA211 'till the end of time, just because it is nice to just change sometimes.
cool.gif

Good point! This is exactly what it's all about. Just look at users of tube equipment. Are they happy with their setups? In most cases no, they just keep rollin'.
evil_smiley.gif

Jul 27, 2009 at 5:06 PM Post #302 of 7,383
Just an FYI for everyone not named Andrea reading this thread. Andrea registers several user names a day (a clear TOS violation), often carries on conversations with himself between accounts (just weird, I mean how lonely are you?), and posts the same thing over and over again (boring, old, tired, we get it). He's been permanently banned from this site and regardless of how many times he tries we're going to keep doing the same thing. As such, you'll probably see posts disappear from this thread from time to time which are, on the surface nothing "delete" worthy. But that's what is going to continue to happen. Every account will be banned, every post removed, no exceptions. If it upsets you how it makes the thread disjointed you can blame Andrea. We tried letting him back in and told him to behave himself, he didn't last.

Jul 27, 2009 at 8:24 PM Post #305 of 7,383
Quote:

Originally Posted by majkel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good point! This is exactly what it's all about. Just look at users of tube equipment. Are they happy with their setups? In most cases no, they just keep rollin'.
evil_smiley.gif

Many of the opamps sound very good, just different.

Jul 27, 2009 at 11:22 PM Post #306 of 7,383
How would this affect signature

OPA2111PK. in L/R
Transistor Buffers
2 Single AD 797s in G/V?

On a P3+. Am i right when saying i will get extended treble and stronger bass?

Jul 28, 2009 at 5:47 AM Post #310 of 7,383
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gbjerke /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How would this affect signature

OPA2111PK. in L/R
Transistor Buffers
2 Single AD 797s in G/V?

On a P3+. Am i right when saying i will get extended treble and stronger bass?

That set up on a P3+ is sweeeeet. I had that set up for ages.

Jul 28, 2009 at 9:55 AM Post #311 of 7,383
Quote:

Originally Posted by noisy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I believe that it's utopian to expect to reach a state of perfect transparency just playing with chips and caps.
smily_headphones1.gif

It depends on the criteria you set, especially when you find such an aspect that is fulfilled by only one device. I feel the OPA228P opens the door no other op-amps have opened so far, so this made me staying calm since foreyesterday. However, keeping other op-amps in the chain problably keeps this corridor closed anyway. Try a headphone amp with no op-amps to be sure you left the clear path to be able to hear what is there to be heard from the DAC.
There is also a possibility that you don't want this because it could cut off the most part of the fun which is rolling. The HD800 told me the OPA228P is the right one, the PS1000 said the same, the GS1000 where more hesititating but cooperate very well with the OPA228P in the DAC so I remain satisfied with these assumptions.

Jul 28, 2009 at 11:05 AM Post #312 of 7,383
hah, you guys change your minds every week(day?)....ok I'll order some OPA228P free samples <clicky, clicky>
biggrin.gif

LT says my samples are "shipped", but 3 weeks later still nothing on my end
rolleyes.gif

the bass is flabby on the 4562NA, this I won't change my mind!

my friend has given me my 49720HA back, so whenever I'll get my soundcard back from RMA....I'll try them again! I loved them on the STX
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 28, 2009 at 11:23 AM Post #313 of 7,383
I haven't changed my mind in terms of getting rid of internal compensation. I liked the AD797 decompensated for a while but after another test it turned out unoptimal. So I went back to the OPA228P. I cannot use the AD8021 in my curcuit due to high supply voltage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back