The One (Full-Sized) Headphone Club
Jan 29, 2009 at 2:00 PM Post #31 of 49
The only reason I have ever had more than one primary pair of phones is comparison. Once I find a permanent favorite, I will not keep any others.
(I will always keep my HD280s, though, because they work well with my portable CD player.)

Jan 29, 2009 at 2:30 PM Post #33 of 49
Ah well, late to the party again...

I was a one full-sized phone guy for more than a decade and listened to everything on my HD580s unless I was at the gym listening to Etys. But I recently picked up a pair of AD700s as an alternate. I like them. They have a very diffrerent sound signature and are very handy for listening straight out of my laptop, when I'm away from amps. I still find the 580s to be superior by all measures, and if I had to choose the decision would be easy, but these Audio Technicas are great-sounding phones for the money and do their thing really well from low-powered sources.

Tim

Jan 29, 2009 at 4:40 PM Post #34 of 49
w5000
biggrin.gif

Jan 29, 2009 at 4:51 PM Post #35 of 49
Not anymore, but I used to own only the HE60 and there was a time when I only had the W5000, and only the HD600. No surprise that these are my favorite headphones of all time.

Jan 29, 2009 at 4:59 PM Post #36 of 49
Not sure if this counts, but I have only one headphone for music, and one headphone for movies.

Music? Sennheiser HD-600
Movies? JVC HA-RX900 (modded)

Jan 29, 2009 at 5:52 PM Post #37 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by vkvedam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For now Ultrasone HFI-780s for me, I do everything with them.

keep it clean man! j/k

Jan 30, 2009 at 1:43 AM Post #39 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by tfarney /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah well, late to the party again...

I was a one full-sized phone guy for more than a decade and listened to everything on my HD580s unless I was at the gym listening to Etys. But I recently picked up a pair of AD700s as an alternate. I like them. They have a very diffrerent sound signature and are very handy for listening straight out of my laptop, when I'm away from amps. I still find the 580s to be superior by all measures, and if I had to choose the decision would be easy, but these Audio Technicas are great-sounding phones for the money and do their thing really well from low-powered sources.

Tim

I sold my HD580's soon after buying the AD700's.

There are times when I'm in a mood for something more laid back and relaxing like the Senns. And it's at these times that I regret selling the HD580's and wish I had multiple cans
frown.gif

Jan 31, 2009 at 4:10 PM Post #44 of 49
I only have one pair at the moment until my tax return gets back. Then I might be looking for a complimentary pair to my DT-770/80 Pro's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back