The Official Sony TA-ZH1ES Hi-Res Headphone Amplifier (Live From IFA 2016)
Jun 21, 2022 at 2:48 PM Post #5,086 of 5,766
Wanted to ask, do we know any further info on the different profiles of DSEEHX on Taz? Such as Percussion vs standard, or even which profiles suits jazz and classical best?

Jun 21, 2022 at 2:59 PM Post #5,087 of 5,766
Wanted to ask, do we know any further info on the different profiles of DSEEHX on Taz? Such as Percussion vs standard, or even which profiles suits jazz and classical best?
Personally i turn all the options off, to me it takes the 'life' out of performances, it may sound 'cleaner' but ambiance around instruments is quashed. Imho

Jun 23, 2022 at 11:20 AM Post #5,089 of 5,766
Do i need a special cable to connect my WM1Z to the TA?
I used the WMPort to USB-A and an adapter from USB-A to MicroUSB. But it does not work.
You should use the cable that is included with the TA

Jun 23, 2022 at 11:29 AM Post #5,091 of 5,766
I dont have that cable ☹️
Sony also have wmport cable that you can then connect a standard usb a to b cable to and then use the rear port of the TA

C2A9B4E2-AB35-4B2E-820B-B2CE502BBDCF.jpeg

Jun 24, 2022 at 6:59 AM Post #5,093 of 5,766
I have been using the Pre Out on the TA to drive an external amp (Stax Energizer). This is first time I have used this output and notice that there are relay clicks from the TA when there is any interruption to the input signal to TA such as pauses or between album tracks. What is going on? Is the TA muting the Pre Out or something else?
I find these clicks are a bit irritating even though they don’t occur during actual music. I am using the Digital Coax input from a Chord 2Go2Yu.

Jun 24, 2022 at 7:07 AM Post #5,094 of 5,766
I have been using the Pre Out on the TA to drive an external amp (Stax Energizer). This is first time I have used this output and notice that there are relay clicks from the TA when there is any interruption to the input signal to TA such as pauses or between album tracks. What is going on? Is the TA muting the Pre Out or something else?
I find these clicks are a bit irritating even though they don’t occur during actual music. I am using the Digital Coax input from a Chord 2Go2Yu.
Yep, I get that too.

Jun 25, 2022 at 11:56 AM Post #5,095 of 5,766
I use the optical input (from a Sony CD player) with the pre out (fixed) and there are no clicks between the tracks. Only when I turn on/off the CD player does the TA relay click. And ditto for when I use the USB-B input from a MacBook Pro: no relay clicks between the tracks. Could it be the Chord causing this? Trying with a CD player would determine if this your TA or the Chord.

Jun 26, 2022 at 12:02 AM Post #5,097 of 5,766
I use my DAP into usb B and has no such issues
Not tried using DAPs Into USB for a while now. Will try one day. I’ve only been using the DX300 Spdif out into the coaxial in.

Jun 26, 2022 at 12:05 AM Post #5,098 of 5,766
I use the optical input (from a Sony CD player) with the pre out (fixed) and there are no clicks between the tracks. Only when I turn on/off the CD player does the TA relay click. And ditto for when I use the USB-B input from a MacBook Pro: no relay clicks between the tracks. Could it be the Chord causing this? Trying with a CD player would determine if this your TA or the Chord.
I have been using my MacMini (as Roon core) USB-B into the TAZ with no issues. Though I have yet to try the TAZ as a pre out into my other amps. Will do so when I get home in a few days. Certainly would love to hear the synergy with the KGSSHV Carbon and the Stax headphones. :)

Jun 26, 2022 at 12:07 AM Post #5,100 of 5,766
I just hooked up my long unused Project Ember Tube Amp to the TA's Output to see if I could hear this issue. I didn't have any issues like this between tracks. Using Fixed Pre amp out to the Tube Amp.
Nice! Not tried the pre amp out function on the TAZ yet. :wink: But what is the difference between fixed and otherwise? Ability to control volume? SQ wise, is it the same?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back