The Official Sony TA-ZH1ES Hi-Res Headphone Amplifier (Live From IFA 2016)
Mar 28, 2017 at 7:19 PM Post #991 of 5,761
Well, thank you !
biggrin.gif
I am glad you are enjoying your new found system

Your review was the primary reason I got the TA-ZH1ES and Z1R in the first place. Total Awesomeness!!!

Mar 28, 2017 at 7:47 PM Post #993 of 5,761
Wait??? What about our showroom allowing your audition?? :joy:

Jason, You're way too cool to be mentioning here and I know my flattery is not going to bring me further discounts
biggrin.gif

But @Whitigir & Mike-@HiFiGuy528 were the main reason I came to know about your wonderful store.

beerchug.gif

Mar 28, 2017 at 9:44 PM Post #994 of 5,761
Hi guys. I'm new here. I've been following this thread since the start. Can anyone with the TA post weather the volume knob physically moves when you use the remote to increase or decrease the volume. Thanks!

Mar 29, 2017 at 12:06 AM Post #997 of 5,761
I'd rather want to know if it's possible to source the different voltage transformer units. 

Mar 29, 2017 at 2:01 AM Post #998 of 5,761
In case you missed it. New v1.03 (bug fixes) firmware was released to on 3/21. Here's link to Mac version download. You can get Windows version on Sony support site.

https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/swu-download.pl?mdl=TAZH1ES&upd_id=11088&os_group_id=3

Hi guys. I'm new here. I've been following this thread since the start. Can anyone with the TA post weather the volume knob physically moves when you use the remote to increase or decrease the volume. Thanks!

No, it does not. It's a digital volume control.

Mar 29, 2017 at 3:41 AM Post #1,000 of 5,761
If anyone in the Us want to buy. A used TA ? I have mine up, I want to get a dedicated stand alone DAC since my Stax sound quality is so addictive......time to stack more and more ! Excellent condition with the socket mod and solid silver wires behind it
smily_headphones1.gif
easily reversed to stock socket if you desire.

TA is an excellent piece of integrated headphones+amp, but not as a good DAC (never designed in mind). I need something that is more dedicated for my Stax.

Whit, i'm really shocked at this, even though you've given your clear reasons why, i wouldn't have dreamt that you would have even considered selling it, given that you've expressed, "it's the best thing since sliced bread" ! ( A U.K. phrase. )

PS Is there anything that you own, that you haven't modded ???

Mar 29, 2017 at 5:47 AM Post #1,001 of 5,761
Whit, i'm really shocked at this, even though you've given your clear reasons why, i wouldn't have dreamt that you would have even considered selling it, given that you've expressed, "it's the best thing since sliced bread" ! ( A U.K. phrase. )

PS Is there anything that you own, that you haven't modded ???

I really was going to stop at the TA as an all in one unit, and especially that DSD remastering engine ! I love it so so much for all online contents and streaming

For your question...I only modified for performances gain. Using upgraded power cord already provide better dynamic and all that, upgraded internal wires further enhance the effects. Now, I am selling it because I want to better my Stax :xf_eek: ...this hobby is evil! Utopia, z1r, 009, I wouldn't modify btw

Mar 29, 2017 at 7:37 AM Post #1,002 of 5,761
For me, as time goes by my requirements changes, for example i used to have a HDVD800 and now that i've change to the TA, i kinda miss the BlancedOutput to speaker because i'm going to change my desktop speakers soon :D

Mar 29, 2017 at 3:51 PM Post #1,004 of 5,761
Yeah, was also kind of shocked about your decision Whitigir, but thinking more and more about it, if one is going the Stax/stats route, the ZH1 is a compromise since the amp part will sit completely unused. I don't think you'll find a better DAC, but with only unbalanced out it is an unnecessary compromise.
biggrin.gif

I have another dilemma:
I need a 6.5m / 21ft USB cable connection from my PC to the ZH1 due to how the ZH1 is placed in my HT setup. I was thinking of something like the Intona USB isolator, as in PC -> 5m USB -> Intona ->1.5m cable -> ZH1. I suppose the point with such a unit is that I can exceed the max of 5 meter/16 ft defined for USB2 with no problem, or have I misunderstood?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back