The Official Sony TA-ZH1ES Hi-Res Headphone Amplifier (Live From IFA 2016)
Sep 4, 2016 at 5:43 AM Post #33 of 5,761
From sony china the close up images show an Altera cyclone IV FPGA, and two analog device ADSP 21488, seems the S master HX and DSD remaster engine are implemented in the FPGA that also handle the decode of source audio format, and the DSP handle further audio processing. Chord also used FPGA to implement their own decoder in mojo, which also have no on the shelf DAC chips on board.

Altera cyclone IV FPGA, Do you have the image is where Sony China site?
I looked for, but could only be found only ADSP 21488.

Could you tell me the URL if it is good?

Sep 4, 2016 at 10:27 AM Post #36 of 5,761
Sep 4, 2016 at 4:36 PM Post #39 of 5,761
Any listening impression yet ?   SONY's video made me curious about how it sound....

Sep 8, 2016 at 9:47 AM Post #42 of 5,761
It happens this way when a company branches out into a new product.  Sony fans on Head-Fi now are used to using portable products.  It's going to take a while for a new fan base to form for the TA-ZH1ES.  People who use desktop headphone amps don't have Sony on their radar necessarily.  Sony fans, aren't used to using a desktop unit.  Give it time.

I do agree, that it's a shame people aren't paying more attention.  I have a ZX1 Walkman and a pair of Z7 headphones that I love.  I've been debating the purchase of a PHA3. I currently have my setup in my office, and I exclusively use it at my desk. I have no plans to use the PHA3 as a portable unit, so I'm curious to see how good the ZH1ES is when the reviews come out. I want to see how my Z7 headphones open up on a balanced amp before deciding a need a new pair.  Others on this site are taking a different path, which is okay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back