The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA 2016)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 7, 2017 at 6:02 AM Post #4,427 of 11,341
  In my time, I felt that the Z1R is a superior all-rounder.  Mid-range of course being the primary improvement.  But the TH900 also has a few tricks up its sleeve -granted it doesn't isolate brilliantly, but there is a sense of air with the TH900 that is very enjoyable.

And for us head-bangers, we want aggressive and dynamic attack! We don't want all upper frequencies to be "smooth" and "liquid" like most cans are described. I've never heard of a hard cymbal clash that was "smooth" in real life.

Still dying to hear the Z1R to assess its overall detail, resolution, dynamics, and imaging though. I was slightly disappointed with the Elear in these areas. The T1 can now be had for less than $600 and betters it in all of these areas, IMO.

Jan 7, 2017 at 7:58 AM Post #4,428 of 11,341
Anyone want to give US Sony customer service a test drive? Just call in and report a problem to see how they handle it?

That is why Sony is implying a "dealer system" where people can directly take warranty and services up and straighten away with the dealers. You can talk to the one you bought from, or other dealers. The dealers don't necessarily have to provide works and labors to fix your products problems, but they know what you are talking about and where to have you get it fixed up the earliest possible.

Sony general customer services is a joke, and that is both Phone call or live chat

Jan 7, 2017 at 11:12 AM Post #4,429 of 11,341

Money is not the factor. When I had the loaner Elear at the house... They blew the Z7's away. More in your face sound. The Z7 made my ears ring as well. Maybe this is why I can't hear that good anymore.

I had that problema with my MDR-1R which got stolen (thank you burglar now  get ringy ears
biggrin.gif
) i dont get that ringer ears anymore with Z7

Jan 7, 2017 at 12:57 PM Post #4,430 of 11,341
Wow. I didn't get any ringing from my Z7's, but I did listening to a pair of Beats for a few minutes. True story. The Beats were much louder than the Z7's, but I could hear the edginess as I listened. -took them off and my ears rang for awhile. I'll never do that again! Beats. Can't believe I even tried them on...

Jan 7, 2017 at 1:02 PM Post #4,431 of 11,341
I had that problema with my MDR-1R which got stolen (thank you burglar now  get ringy ears :D ) i dont get that ringer ears anymore with Z7

The Z7 has laid back treble. I would call them polite. How in the world can such a can be guilty that your ears ring? Maybe you just listened to the wrong music or simply too loud. I am sure if you use the Z1r the same way, it will also make your ears ring.

Jan 7, 2017 at 1:07 PM Post #4,432 of 11,341
I had that problema with my MDR-1R which got stolen (thank you burglar now  get ringy ears :D ) i dont get that ringer ears anymore with Z7

The Z7 has laid back treble. I would call them polite. How in the world can such a can be guilty that your ears ring? Maybe you just listened to the wrong music or simply too loud. I am sure if you use the Z1r the same way, it will also make your ears ring.
with z7 I don't get rings ear at all, with MDR 1R yes I did get rings but we're due the 1R being too bright and got fatigued, paired to a already bright zx100 made this thing worse.

So far loving my z7 as hell with my WM1A, especially when I switch H gain

Jan 7, 2017 at 1:34 PM Post #4,434 of 11,341
Jan 7, 2017 at 2:10 PM Post #4,436 of 11,341
The UK prices remain roller coster-like. Curious.
So, anyone enjoying the Z1R this weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back