The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA 2016)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 6, 2017 at 11:33 PM Post #4,411 of 11,341
Let people buy wherever they want to buy from.I bought mine overseas,shipped to my overseas address and saved enough money to buy a Z700 but decided against the Z700.

Maybe I should get that Z700.....

Jan 6, 2017 at 11:42 PM Post #4,412 of 11,341
Let people buy wherever they want to buy from.I bought mine overseas,shipped to my overseas address and saved enough money to buy a Z700 but decided against the Z700.

Maybe I should get that Z700.....
Isn't the Z700 a camera?

Jan 6, 2017 at 11:49 PM Post #4,414 of 11,341
I meant the Z7, autocorrect intervened on my behalf.
Lol it's okay. I started to think there was another new headphone I missed. So many coming out its hard to keep track.

Jan 7, 2017 at 12:12 AM Post #4,416 of 11,341
My scenario was Z1R locally or Z1R + Z7 for the same price from overseas.

I decided to save the money.
I have the Z7. And they are comfortable. But I was never truly satisfied with them. I can't grasp what it was.

Jan 7, 2017 at 12:22 AM Post #4,417 of 11,341
I have the Z7. And they are comfortable. But I was never truly satisfied with them. I can't grasp what it was.

Maybe because they're not $2000+ 
atsmile.gif

Jan 7, 2017 at 12:38 AM Post #4,418 of 11,341
Jan 7, 2017 at 12:54 AM Post #4,419 of 11,341
LOL, i do enjoy mine paired with my 1A
Money is not the factor. When I had the loaner Elear at the house... They blew the Z7's away. More in your face sound. The Z7 made my ears ring as well. Maybe this is why I can't hear that good anymore.

Jan 7, 2017 at 1:04 AM Post #4,420 of 11,341
I know we aren't supposed to talk about some giant internet retailer anymore, but just wanted people to know that they have the awesome deal back up (18%) off :wink:

Jan 7, 2017 at 1:08 AM Post #4,421 of 11,341
To those worrying about warranties, I'm having a massive amount of trouble with Sony customer service and I'm a UK based customer who also purchased mine in the UK. If the support is this bad with the correct warranty...

As mentioned before, I'm probably going to wait a few more days before either going in to full details on here or making a thread. Currently they're responding to my emails at a rate of around one response a week, sometimes less, so it's been an extremely slow an arduous process. Every call just leads to another person "looking in to it", and a few times they have phoned me (presumably to tell me they can't help based on the follow up email) I've been unable to answer as I've been at work (can't take calls on the trading floor), despite informing them of my work hours multiple times.

Sony customer service ultimately seem intent on referring to manufacturing defects (Eg errors from the factory building process) as physical damage not covered under warranty, and want to charge £310+ for replacement parts despite the issue being theirs.

It is quite frankly astonishing. The service and support quality is a far cry from the product itself, and I must say, in the past dealing with Sony Playstation support, I've not had anywhere close to this much trouble. In fact, Sony Playstation customer support seemed like a Godsend compared to their headphone or product support.

Honestly, I don't really think headphone manufacturers should be releasing ultra expensive premium products, unless they have the service and support to back it. This isn't your £100 headphone from the high street, we're talking about a £1700 premium product. A slightly higher quality level of support seems only fitting no?

Jan 7, 2017 at 1:29 AM Post #4,422 of 11,341
To those worrying about warranties, I'm having a massive amount of trouble with Sony customer service and I'm a UK based customer who also purchased mine in the UK. If the support is this bad with the correct warranty...

As mentioned before, I'm probably going to wait a few more days before either going in to full details on here or making a thread. Currently they're responding to my emails at a rate of around one response a week, sometimes less, so it's been an extremely slow an arduous process. Every call just leads to another person "looking in to it", and a few times they have phoned me (presumably to tell me they can't help based on the follow up email) I've been unable to answer as I've been at work (can't take calls on the trading floor), despite informing them of my work hours multiple times.

Sony customer service ultimately seem intent on referring to manufacturing defects (Eg errors from the factory building process) as physical damage not covered under warranty, and want to charge £310+ for replacement parts despite the issue being theirs.

It is quite frankly astonishing. The service and support quality is a far cry from the product itself, and I must say, in the past dealing with Sony Playstation support, I've not had anywhere close to this much trouble. In fact, Sony Playstation customer support seemed like a Godsend compared to their headphone or product support.

Honestly, I don't really think headphone manufacturers should be releasing ultra expensive premium products, unless they have the service and support to back it. This isn't your £100 headphone from the high street, we're talking about a £1700 premium product. A slightly higher quality level of support seems only fitting no?

Woah!  Did something on the Z1R break (sorry if I didn't catch the post)?  And this is indeed very unfortunate - best of luck.

Edit: My bad, re-read the post and saw that you were going to wait for a few days.

Jan 7, 2017 at 1:48 AM Post #4,423 of 11,341
Anyone want to give US Sony customer service a test drive? Just call in and report a problem to see how they handle it?

Jan 7, 2017 at 4:13 AM Post #4,425 of 11,341
Just learnt from an authorised Sony outlet here in Singapore the Z1R has been out of stock for sometime now with no indication of next delivery date for current orders. Looks like the supply has been shifted to the US & other markets next in line (after Europe/Asia) with better stock/delivery situation. This appears to be in line with what TSAVJason has been saying. Lucky I got mine end Oct from the first batch preorder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back