The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA 2016)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 6, 2017 at 8:12 PM Post #4,381 of 11,341
Congrats! Although now I have a bad feeling about my order... We ordered the same day, and nothing on my end... That probably means it's either not going through, or enough people ordered that day between your order and mine that I'm now stuck waiting for the next shipment they get... Dammit...

Jan 6, 2017 at 8:17 PM Post #4,382 of 11,341
Congrats! Although now I have a bad feeling about my order... We ordered the same day, and nothing on my end... That probably means it's either not going through, or enough people ordered that day between your order and mine that I'm now stuck waiting for the next shipment they get... Dammit...
Greatness may take a little while longer. I don't mind waiting.

Jan 6, 2017 at 8:18 PM Post #4,383 of 11,341
The Z1R deserves (and fits well on w/no stress or cable crunching) the Woo stand in black or silver:
https://www.amazon.com/Woo-Audio-HPS-RB-Universal-Adjustable/dp/B006KLAM3I/ref=sr_1_5?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1483751752&sr=1-5&keywords=woo+audio+headphone+stand

Jan 6, 2017 at 8:21 PM Post #4,385 of 11,341
Greatness may take a little while longer. I don't mind waiting.
True dat.

I'm just hoping it doesn't kick the order out... I ordered a cookbook for my girlfriend (only sold in Europe for whatever reason), and I waited on pre-order forever, only to be kicked out of the cue. Wasn't a big deal, because it hadn't been marked down or anything when I ordered it, and it was then available, so I just re-ordered... If I get kicked out of cue here, I think I'm screwed, as the price is back up...

Jan 6, 2017 at 8:24 PM Post #4,386 of 11,341
True dat.

I'm just hoping it doesn't kick the order out... I ordered a cookbook for my girlfriend (only sold in Europe for whatever reason), and I waited on pre-order forever, only to be kicked out of the cue. Wasn't a big deal, because it hadn't been marked down or anything when I ordered it, and it was then available, so I just re-ordered... If I get kicked out of cue here, I think I'm screwed, as the price is back up...

A few that preordered got theirs already so its not a fluke. 

Jan 6, 2017 at 8:34 PM Post #4,389 of 11,341

Don't fret! I think we'll all be fine. I'm not sure about where we stand in the queue in terms of who gets what of the next shipment and when, but I think you'll get yours. Did you get the same price as myself an Illmatic and others. The 1149 price? If you ordered a bit later, I still don't see why you'd be kicked out.

I don't get why the price is shifting so much though. That is a bit concerning, but I hope it works out. Like others have said, it has worked out already for those early pre-order folks. I was tempted to pre-order during that time in early December after already receiving my pair, but I opted against doing it and then regretted it once the price changed. :p

I feel lucky in catching that low price again, but I hope that it does get fulfilled.

Jan 6, 2017 at 8:34 PM Post #4,390 of 11,341
  I had the TH900 for a few years (sold it) and I like the Z1R much, much better. The Fostex could shout in the upper mids, go soft in the upper bass, lose control in all of the bass, or sometimes suppress a main vocal amid some reverb-y thing.

Good to know, I am hoping for such improvements based on my experience with the TH900.

Jan 6, 2017 at 8:39 PM Post #4,391 of 11,341
Don't fret! I think we'll all be fine. I'm not sure about where we stand in the queue in terms of who gets what of the next shipment and when, but I think you'll get yours. Did you get the same price as myself an Illmatic and others. The 1149 price? If you ordered a bit later, I still don't see why you'd be kicked out.

I don't get why the price is shifting so much though. That is a bit concerning, but I hope it works out. Like others have said, it has worked out already for those early pre-order folks. I was tempted to pre-order during that time in early December after already receiving my pair, but I opted against doing it and then regretted it once the price changed. :p

I feel lucky in catching that low price again, but I hope that it does get fulfilled.
We will be fine. Have faith guys.

Jan 6, 2017 at 8:40 PM Post #4,392 of 11,341
[COLOR=FF4400]
[/COLOR]

That the preorders might not go through but amazon uk shipped according to the few who preordered early here. So its not a fluke!
Thats funny that you put the word definition lol

Jan 6, 2017 at 9:08 PM Post #4,393 of 11,341
[COLOR=FF4400]
[/COLOR]

That the preorders might not go through but amazon uk shipped according to the few who preordered early here. So its not a fluke!

Yes, I know what the definition of a fluke is. Dude, there's no question that when working properly, Amazon will ship orders for the Z1R to the US. Plenty of people have already gotten theirs. The only person who raised the possibility of Amazon UK intentionally cancelling orders to the US is a shop-owner who has a problem with people ordering online at a discount rather than buying from an AD like him. But there's been no evidence of Amazon cancelling orders, even though he said some people on Head-Fi had reported it happening to them. I went through the whole thread and checked, nobody has had any problems.

In my earlier post, I'm describing something that happened randomly with my Amazon account (which is based in the US), and with Amazon UK... When my pre-order of the cookbook was ready, rather than sending the order down the line to the shipping phase, they kicked the order out. It wasn't supposed to happen, the Amazon UK rep said it might be a weird thing with my account and Amazon UK. That's the only other time I've ordered with Amazon UK, so I'm definitely a little worried about it happening again, particularly when people who ordered their Z1R hours from when I did are getting shipping confirmations and I'm not... Anyway, cross your fingers for me. Even if my order does get bumped out, I bet I can call Amazon UK and have them match the price I was supposed to pay... It's on record in my order email, after all...

Jan 6, 2017 at 9:26 PM Post #4,395 of 11,341
Yes, I know what the definition of a fluke is. Dude, there's no question that when working properly, Amazon will ship orders for the Z1R to the US. Plenty of people have already gotten theirs. The only person who raised the possibility of Amazon UK intentionally cancelling orders to the US is a shop-owner who has a problem with people ordering online at a discount rather than buying from an AD like him. But there's been no evidence of Amazon cancelling orders, even though he said some people on Head-Fi had reported it happening to them. I went through the whole thread and checked, nobody has had any problems.

In my earlier post, I'm describing something that happened randomly with my Amazon account (which is based in the US), and with Amazon UK... When my pre-order of the cookbook was ready, rather than sending the order down the line to the shipping phase, they kicked the order out. It wasn't supposed to happen, the Amazon UK rep said it might be a weird thing with my account and Amazon UK. That's the only other time I've ordered with Amazon UK, so I'm definitely a little worried about it happening again, particularly when people who ordered their Z1R hours from when I did are getting shipping confirmations and I'm not... Anyway, cross your fingers for me. Even if my order does get bumped out, I bet I can call Amazon UK and have them match the price I was supposed to pay... It's on record in my order email, after all...

Look through the thread. You'll see that people have reported the cancelation by AmazonUK and AmazonUS. To be exact I don't tell anyone not to buy online. I specifically tell people that AmazonUK is not allowed to ship these products to the US.

Ask yourselves 2 questions. 1) why isn't AmazonUS selling like they originally said they would? 2) why does the US market have plenty while AmazonUK has none?

Now that you've asked yourself those questions ....ask yourself why AmazonUS only shows a company from Malaysia and another from Japan offering to ship here both stating there is no warranty for the US and at a price very close to the price here in the US.

Do the math and decide for yourself.

There is nothing wrong with buying online and there is nothing wrong with price shopping.

The Source AV TSAVJason Stay updated on The Source AV at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com./pages/The-Source-AV-Design-Group/153623164648713 http://www.twitter.com/TheSourceAV http://www.instagram.com/Thesourceavdesign http://thesourceav.com/ Products@TheSourceAV.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back