The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA 2016)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 23, 2016 at 7:02 PM Post #3,811 of 11,341
The more she squeals, the more you know you are doing it "good" :D, until the end game eh ? Lol....just kidding

You should post that on the MDR-1000X thread :D

Dec 24, 2016 at 12:38 AM Post #3,812 of 11,341
Has anyone directly compared them to the HE-6, specifically the bass?

Dec 24, 2016 at 1:32 AM Post #3,814 of 11,341
@TSAV Jason
Oh, that's alright. No offense taken.
I was just making a conjecture based on reading impressions, and I'm glad to find myself wrong this time.
Glad to hear that the New Sony Flagship is faring exceedingly well.
I'm, at heart is still a Sony fan after all.

Dec 24, 2016 at 2:08 AM Post #3,815 of 11,341
Merry Xmas! Finally !

Not to be outdone by this guy!

I have some goodies of my own from the Source AV.  Thanks to Jason & Wayne.  You guys are very professional and an absolute pleasure to deal with.  Sadly my hearing is a shot due to a severe cold.  I hope to get back to listening mode soon.  Break in time will be utilized wisely this time around.  The ZH1ES is a stunner look-wise.  The 1Z as well.

Dec 24, 2016 at 6:10 AM Post #3,818 of 11,341
  Not to be outdone by this guy!

I have some goodies of my own from the Source AV.  Thanks to Jason & Wayne.  You guys are very professional and an absolute pleasure to deal with.  Sadly my hearing is a shot due to a severe cold.  I hope to get back to listening mode soon.  Break in time will be utilized wisely this time around.  The ZH1ES is a stunner look-wise.  The 1Z as well.

So Jealous!

Dec 24, 2016 at 6:33 AM Post #3,819 of 11,341

Sadly my hearing is a shot due to a severe cold.

Have had a super bad "cold/flu" for about a week now. Using cheapo ear buds right now.. :frowning2:

Get well soon and give us your impressions! :)

Dec 24, 2016 at 1:23 PM Post #3,821 of 11,341
Is Amazon the best way to buy these right now? They're currently listed for $2099; I've looked around but not seen them for less (US).

That listing is not by Amazon themselves, it's by a grey market marketplace shop. Personally, I think it is worth the risk of buying from an unauthorized dealer if you are saving $700 or more, as some who purchased from Amazon UK did. But, if you're only saving a couple of hundred bucks, as you would be doing if you purchased the pair on sale on Amazon US right now, then you might as well buy from an authorized dealer and have the peace of mind and service that comes with that.

Dec 24, 2016 at 1:42 PM Post #3,823 of 11,341
That listing is not by Amazon themselves, it's by a grey market marketplace shop. Personally, I think it is worth the risk of buying from an unauthorized dealer if you are saving $700 or more, as some who purchased from Amazon UK did. But, if you're only saving a couple of hundred bucks, as you would be doing if you purchased the pair on sale on Amazon US right now, then you might as well buy from an authorized dealer and have the peace of mind and service that comes with that.
good advice! Buywise and PrimereJapan are not authorized to sell out of their respective territories which is Malaysia and Japan respectively. Buywise is not an authorized dealer of Sony in Malaysia or anywhere. they are based in Malaysia and should be considered a risky purchase. Buywise is scary from this standpoint. Buywise' supplier has been discovered and is being terminated is what Sony has reported. Pirates the entire way is how it appears. PrimereJapan is authorized for Sony but I'm pretty sure if they don't pull that ad on Amazon.com soon, they likely will no longer get access to the product. Sony is cracking down hard on grey market transactions when it comes to the Signarure Series products. It took a lot of effort and arguing with Sony to get Jack Woo of Woo Audio authorized for Signature Series ...Sony does not want internet only access. They want highbryds only brick & motar that also take orders for out of local territory transaction within distribution restrictions. So TSAVJason (lol) would be restricted to US sales only.

The Source AV TSAVJason Stay updated on The Source AV at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com./pages/The-Source-AV-Design-Group/153623164648713 http://www.twitter.com/TheSourceAV http://www.instagram.com/Thesourceavdesign http://thesourceav.com/ Products@TheSourceAV.com
Dec 24, 2016 at 1:53 PM Post #3,824 of 11,341
Funny, Sony didn't seem to mind Amazon UK selling Internet only and out of territory? Double standard? I guess the rules are out the window for e-commerce giants. Or maybe there is something I don't understand (highly likely).

Dec 24, 2016 at 2:00 PM Post #3,825 of 11,341

Fair point. However, i would feel a little better buying through Amazon at least. They tend to side wtih the customer when there are problems. Still a risk to the warranty, of course, but I'd prefer buying that way to an eBay seller, for example. 

BTW, have the Z1R been prone to failure so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back