The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA 2016)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 15, 2016 at 6:44 AM Post #3,560 of 11,341
We don't know that :D in Saigon, there are elites people who are directly under the influences and related to politicians....these guys are known to have unlimited expenses powers :D. They toys around with many stuff....just so long as none of them are hunting for Sony signatures, you are safe :D

Anyways, knowing Vietnamese businesses, you could bargain for many reasons :)....but if I was you, I would enjoy the new year and Chinese New Year first lol

Yeah, I think they mostly spend their money on different things. When I picked up my preordered WM1A, the staff left the store open until 10 pm just for me, and when I left the store and closed the door behind me, I could literally hear them cheering and what sounded like everyone giving each other high-fives. :D

Dec 15, 2016 at 7:51 AM Post #3,562 of 11,341
So it's worth the extra $1,700 over the Mojo? Law of diminishing returns probably applies here. It's also $600 more than I paid for the Z1R itself.

I think it will appeal to completest who enjoy having matched gear, or those who believe they can hear common noise and feel balanced is the better option for them.

Dec 15, 2016 at 9:11 AM Post #3,564 of 11,341
  I think it will appeal to completest who enjoy having matched gear, or those who believe they can hear common noise and feel balanced is the better option for them.

Or a one-stop solution to most of your audio problems...

I don't have a pre-existing and extensive amp collection so I picked up the ZH1ES. It has virtually all the outputs and inputs i'd want.

Dec 15, 2016 at 9:28 AM Post #3,565 of 11,341
Or a one-stop solution to most of your audio problems...

I don't have a pre-existing and extensive amp collection so I picked up the ZH1ES. It has virtually all the outputs and inputs i'd want.

Nope, it lacks balanced analog input :D....and it however convert Analog into digital, and then reconvert back into analog again ? This gives it the full ability to upscale whatever and or interfere as much as it want though. IMO, it was made to be a pure DAC/Amp only, and not Analog amplifier alone at all.

Dec 15, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #3,566 of 11,341
Anyone else see the new Kimber Kable Axios silver version that is coming out? Looks insane! But unfortunately I bet the price will be insane to match 
rolleyes.gif

15203303_1136953773079024_6948379156209284896_n.jpg

Dec 15, 2016 at 1:46 PM Post #3,567 of 11,341
They are now available for pre-order at the cheapest price they've ever been on Amazon UK. American BUYERS get them for £1,162 shipped!

What a bargain.

Dec 15, 2016 at 2:35 PM Post #3,568 of 11,341
They are now available for pre-order at the cheapest price they've ever been on Amazon UK. American BUYERS get them for £1,162 shipped!

What a bargain.

Was £50 cheaper this morning 
tongue.gif

Dec 15, 2016 at 2:51 PM Post #3,569 of 11,341
Man those Amazon margins are thin, no wonder dealers hate when they are in the game. Makes you wonder how they are allowed to advertise those prices when based on what has been discussed in this thread Sony should have in place contract conditions to prevent such discounting. Perhaps Amazon is so big that they simply don't care and or Sony doesn't obligate them or bother enforcing. Still, it makes me wonder why anybody would want to be a stocking dealer if Sony is allowing the market to be so undercut by Amazon? Not trying to get any kind of heated debate going again, just wondering out loud.

Dec 15, 2016 at 4:10 PM Post #3,570 of 11,341
Man those Amazon margins are thin, no wonder dealers hate when they are in the game. Makes you wonder how they are allowed to advertise those prices when based on what has been discussed in this thread Sony should have in place contract conditions to prevent such discounting. Perhaps Amazon is so big that they simply don't care and or Sony doesn't obligate them or bother enforcing. Still, it makes me wonder why anybody would want to be a stocking dealer if Sony is allowing the market to be so undercut by Amazon? Not trying to get any kind of heated debate going again, just wondering out loud.

I completely agree, must be a nightmare for dealers with the massive undercutting going on.

On another note, out of curiosity I messaged Amazon UK and they said their next stock is due in February, no idea how accurate that is though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back