The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA 2016)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 23, 2017 at 1:43 AM Post #7,261 of 11,341
I will be walking the evil streets of my town with these. Showing off to my friends. Lalala you will never get this like Borat lol

I was going to say if you're mostly at work/home, why not go for the Sony desktop amp instead of the PHA-2A, but not so much while outside. What are you running them with when you're out?

Feb 23, 2017 at 5:10 AM Post #7,262 of 11,341
  I just saw this, do you think it affects the sound in any way?
A bit concern with the possible effects on the sound and different longevity rate between the pads..

no i dont think so ,, deference is minimal between pads ..
although the whole headphone is very delicate,, need extra care ..

Feb 23, 2017 at 8:31 AM Post #7,263 of 11,341
I love how the Sony's shipped on Tuesday (correction) from United Kingdom... And they are on vehicle for delivery in NJ already. Thank you Amazon lol. Ups in my town is the shiznit. Mannnn can i'm about to close this office down for the day. 

Feb 23, 2017 at 9:19 AM Post #7,266 of 11,341
  I love how the Sony's shipped on Tuesday (correction) from United Kingdom... And they are on vehicle for delivery in NJ already. Thank you Amazon lol. Ups in my town is the shiznit. Mannnn can i'm about to close this office down for the day. 

Woowoo :D 

Please share your pair's serial number if you don't mind, lol. I'm just curious to see where these are at right now. Feels like ages ago since my second pair came in, but I've only had a Z1R for 3 months, with the other unused pair coming in late January, IIRC.

Feb 23, 2017 at 9:32 AM Post #7,267 of 11,341
Lol! That is so awesome , enjoy your Z1R
smily_headphones1.gif

enjoy your new headphones.....the best closed back in the world arguably

Woowoo :D 

Please share your pair's serial number if you don't mind, lol. I'm just curious to see where these are at right now. Feels like ages ago since my second pair came in, but I've only had a Z1R for 3 months, with the other unused pair coming in late January, IIRC.

Thank you gents... Yes i will share S/N once i get home later today. I'm super excited.  Not to brag or anything but my price came down to $1300 plus before shipping and customs. That is ridiculous. 

Feb 23, 2017 at 10:47 AM Post #7,269 of 11,341
  Wow, your patience really paid off - not only do you know you like the Z1R based on your testing of it at CanJam, but you got it for an insane price.   That's awesome.   

Hell yea. You gotta have patience. Around last week the order dropped down to 1,051 pounds. I was like whattttt ! Hell yeah man. My job requires patience. So i can wait all day to get something done. 

Feb 23, 2017 at 10:52 AM Post #7,270 of 11,341
I hope this doesn't get the whole Amazon price debate going again, and while I'm happy for those who save money on the Z1R through this route, if the crazy price fluctuation continues when people go to sell used, and some will for sure, they will have a harder time getting a fair price. Market stability is desirable in this sense. A savings now may become a loss later. Oh well, it is what it is as they say.

Feb 23, 2017 at 10:54 AM Post #7,271 of 11,341
  I hope this doesn't get the whole Amazon price debate going again, and while I'm happy for those who save money on the Z1R through this route, if the crazy price fluctuation continues when people go to sell used, and some will for sure, they will have a harder time getting a fair price. Market stability is desirable in this sense. A savings now may become a loss later. Oh well, it is what it is as they say.

I won't be selling mines any time soon. Even after i get the Utopia next. The Z1R is a wonderful experience. 

Feb 23, 2017 at 10:54 AM Post #7,272 of 11,341

I just looked at the chart on CamelCamelCamel and it is insane how much it varied. I got it right at the beginning so, top of the chart. :)
Despite that, still think they were good value for money. I'm more annoyed I didn't get serial #0001 despite being the first poster
beyersmile.png

(except for Nomax, but I don't know if he bought them or was just testing)

Feb 23, 2017 at 10:56 AM Post #7,273 of 11,341
  I won't be selling mines any time soon. Even after i get the Utopia next. The Z1R is a wonderful experience. 

I get that, and there is a strong possibility that I won't be selling mine either which is very out of character for me, but for those who will be selling, they will not appreciate the downward pressure on asking price this fluctuation causes believe me.

Feb 23, 2017 at 10:59 AM Post #7,274 of 11,341
  I get that, and there is a strong possibility that I won't be selling mine either which is very out of character for me, but for those who will be selling, they will not appreciate the downward pressure on asking price this fluctuation causes believe me.

Indeed. What surprised me the most was that it only seemed to happen at Amazon UK. Everything else I checked (including other EU Amazons) have had it pretty stabilized since the beginning. Weird.

But anyway, I've been discussing pricing for too long already, as you well pointed.

So another question... where can I find that nice Sony headphone stand? (although I kinda like my current one because it holds two full-size cans easily).

Feb 23, 2017 at 11:08 AM Post #7,275 of 11,341

Amazon Us doesn't even have these for sale right now. It's all 3rd party sellers. And Amazon Uk isn't allowed to ship to America anymore. They put a stop on that. I might be the last mohican on these. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back