The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA 2016)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 8, 2016 at 7:31 AM Post #451 of 11,341
Incorrect. The lineup is just called "signature series" it does not mean they are signed or anything like that.

Would that person who posted a link to amazon, thinking it's signed, please consider reading just a bit of a thread before posting.

Mistakes happen but get involved and dig in a bit.

It did make me chuckle, though.  LOL

Well, there IS an engineer signed version pre ordering under Sony's official tmall store, looks like it's exclusive to China then, and it was specified there will be only one pair in the title, not sure one pair globally or what. Thought they would have the same thing on Amazon.
https://detail.m.tmall.com/item.htm?id=538248212904&toSite=main

Sep 8, 2016 at 7:37 AM Post #452 of 11,341
I had the Z7 for more than a year. I actually loved it's sound. But the biggest gripe for me is simply that Sony does not provide any spare parts in my region. I literally sold it before the ear cushions began to show any wear. Would buy it again if they solve that issue.

Sep 8, 2016 at 7:53 AM Post #453 of 11,341
Well, there IS a engineer signed version pre ordering under Sony's official tmall store, looks like it's exclusive to China then, and it was specified there will be only one pair in the title, not sure one pair globally or what. Thought they would have the same thing on Amazon.
https://detail.m.tmall.com/item.htm?id=538248212904&toSite=main

Interesting. It does say "Sony / Sony MDR-Z1R stereo headphone Limited Collector's Edition Signed engineer" or something like that.

Price conversion seems to be around 1850 EUR, which is cheaper than the normal units in US/Europe.

I had the Z7 for more than a year. I actually loved it's sound. But the biggest gripe for me is simply that Sony does not provide any spare parts in my region. I literally sold it before the ear cushions began to show any wear. Would buy it again if they solve that issue.

Yes, Sony seems to be bad with support. Plus they tend to discontinue models quite early, even if they are well received. That's a negative aspect. But if the materials are good and QA/QC is good, they should last a couple of decades without issues.

Sep 8, 2016 at 8:01 AM Post #455 of 11,341
Interesting. It does say "Sony / Sony MDR-Z1R stereo headphone Limited Collector's Edition Signed engineer" or something like that.

Price conversion seems to be around 1850 EUR, which is cheaper than the normal units in US/Europe.

Yes, Sony seems to be bad with support. Plus they tend to discontinue models quite early, even if they are well received. That's a negative aspect. But if the materials are good and QA/QC is good, they should last a couple of decades without issues.

I knew I should've asked Nageno-san to sign something while he was there at the press conference....

Sep 8, 2016 at 8:04 AM Post #456 of 11,341
It is not the Sony way my young Padawans. You need to be steeped in the lore of this fertile plane for a few decades before you realize....that this is not, the Sony way.

As I know that water can make a stone to sand, I will repeat the lack of service thing as long as it takes to change the Sony way. I am actually a quite aged Padavan.....:grinning:

Sep 8, 2016 at 8:09 AM Post #457 of 11,341
Actually for my Bravia tv past warranty I was impressed with the service and free screen replacement (twice I won't go into why) that they did for a known issue mind you. Still they could have stuck it to me and they didn't, granted don't know about other divisions but that service I will remember and stay loyal to Sony to some degree

Sep 8, 2016 at 8:23 AM Post #458 of 11,341
I still have my MDR-CD2000. With an upgraded cable they still sound as good as current production phones. Had the CD3000 but remember I didn't like them as much as the reviews I read. Maybe I was wrong on the 3000 as amps and dacs have improved a lot since then. At any rate, I wish I had the 3000 back as it is now worth probably 3 times what I paid for it!

Sep 8, 2016 at 8:27 AM Post #459 of 11,341
  I still have my MDR-CD2000. With an upgraded cable they still sound as good as current production phones. Had the CD3000 but remember I didn't like them as much as the reviews I read. Maybe I was wrong on the 3000 as amps and dacs have improved a lot since then. At any rate, I wish I had the 3000 back as it is now worth probably 3 times what I paid for it!

Something good about the CD3K is that it sounds great pretty much with everything. Even a crappy old mobile phone can make it sing reasonably well, although something decent will of course improve the sound, especially bass.

And you are probably right, since ~1999 the value has increased almost 300%, given current prices of units in the used market. That's almost the same gain as the MDR-R10

Sep 8, 2016 at 9:41 AM Post #462 of 11,341
You have been too long from those shores, those mystical shores, Senno land is not the same thing at all.

You are right, but my son is practising Kendo and Judo to take over, once he got his light sword...

Sep 8, 2016 at 10:07 AM Post #464 of 11,341
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back