The Official Rockbox for Android Registry
May 2, 2011 at 9:09 PM Post #61 of 132

Quote:
Sorry for my ignorance and my lack of knowledge in android as a platform (got my desire today as my first android phone). I would very much like to install rockbox (DFKT edition) on my device, how the **** do I do that?

Make sure you have "Unknown sources" checked under Settings->Applications from the home screen.

May 3, 2011 at 7:23 PM Post #62 of 132
Works fine on rooted Desire HD with customized rom based on official gingerbread 2.3.3

May 3, 2011 at 11:54 PM Post #63 of 132

Quote:
Works fine on rooted Desire HD with customized rom based on official gingerbread 2.3.3

Are you by any chance Revolution rom? This is the only music player I can get gapless playback out of on my HTC Inspire (MixZing used to do this on my Samsung Captivate running 2.2.1-based Cognition rom, but will not play gapless on my Inspire)

May 5, 2011 at 4:46 PM Post #64 of 132
I got it working, the audio quality is good enough and the options are "endless". I'm not really impressed by the user interface at this point. Went for power amp instead, sorry :frowning2:

May 5, 2011 at 10:36 PM Post #65 of 132

Quote:
I got it working, the audio quality is good enough and the options are "endless". I'm not really impressed by the user interface at this point. Went for power amp instead, sorry :frowning2:

I think the problem with the GUI is that it's still using Rockbox's framebuffer approach to drawing it. This comes from RB's roots as a firmware for devices like iPod and Archos that didn't have underlying operating systems or UI subsystems to tap into. The Android port definitely needs to ditch the framebuffer approach to the GUI and use Android's robust Java UI library instead. This is something that I may fiddle with implementing this summer if I have the time. Between research and another Android application I'm currently working on for said research, though, I may not get around to it. If I do, I'll be sure to update this thread.

Jun 3, 2011 at 5:54 PM Post #68 of 132
Just installed RB v.r28520M (-101107)
Running just fine on a  (droid 2.2.1)
  1. Motorola Defy MB525
  2. 2.2.1 Froyo
  3. not rooted (was about to in order to use DSP manager - glad I found RB!!!)
  4. experienced a lock-up when I updated the database; had to restart the phone and then everything worked fine.
  5. cabbiev.2 theme (35 Adobe Helvetica font), 320x480 WIP
  6. the status bar is tiny...any way to fix this? There are no size settings that I could find, only location (top or bottom)

So happy RB is on droid! :) As of right now, I have a much better sound from my CK10 than with PlayerPro or PowerAmp. I'll update if any issues pop up.

Jun 3, 2011 at 7:29 PM Post #69 of 132
another positive experience from a rooted incredible froyo 2.2 skyraider build 4/20

Is there a way to pick folders for our music ? I have a bunch of other sound files that get mixed into the lists and would like to exclude them.

Thx for a free flac player....

Jun 6, 2011 at 5:20 PM Post #70 of 132
After a few days, I can say that it works very well on the Moto Defy but not without some very small glitches. It has locked up on me when I received an incoming call and a few times when I changed playlists mid song. No biggie
dt880smile.png
absolutely loving it. Thanks! (to the dev team)

Oct 24, 2011 at 8:20 AM Post #71 of 132
I made a minimal no-nonsense theme for Rockbox on Android (RaaA) with full touch support. This is only for 480x800 screens.

Short tap on artist/album/track: browser
Long tap on artist/album/track: menu

Short tap on album art: quick screen
Long tap on album art: context menu

Short tap on FFWD/REW: track skip
Long tap on FFWD/REW: FFWD/REW
Short-then-long tap on FFWD/REW: folder skip

Artist/album/track tag info falls back to folder/file display when no tags are present.

The progress bar has a peak meter built in. Looks nice while playing.
wink.gif

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?t6u2mf5wb5f2akj

This needs a fairly current RaaA build. Daily builds can be found here: http://rasher.dk/rockbox/android/

19370094589555675765.png

30355476179472337540.png

Oct 24, 2011 at 4:17 PM Post #74 of 132
Both are going to be fun!  Once the Fuze+ is stable I'm buying one.  The Clip Zip is next on the list.  Despite my fanboyism for iDevices I have a fondess for Sansa products.  I find them charming and Rockbox certainly helps. 
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back