The Official Massdrop/Fostex TH-X00 Owners' Impressions and Discussions Thread
Apr 15, 2016 at 7:45 PM Post #181 of 419
  Hello. Has anyone modded to have removable cable? The cable is so long, thick and heavy and non-removable and it would be awesome if it can have thinner shorter cable instead. :)

PETEREK here in the forums did an amazing job modifying my TH 900 to have a removable cable capability.

Apr 15, 2016 at 7:57 PM Post #182 of 419

Hello. Has anyone modded to have removable cable? The cable is so long, thick and heavy and non-removable and it would be awesome if it can have thinner shorter cable instead. :)

PETEREK here in the forums did an amazing job modifying my TH 900 to have a removable cable capability.

Thank you. Possible to see pics of outcome by any chance?

Apr 15, 2016 at 7:59 PM Post #183 of 419

Let me see, I'll edit this post if I find them.

I had him do SMC connectors as my custom cable I wanted to use was terminated with SMC, but I'm sure he can do whatever. Really good work and a stand-up guy for sure. No problem recommending his work.

Apr 15, 2016 at 9:55 PM Post #184 of 419

Let me see, I'll edit this post if I find them.

I had him do SMC connectors as my custom cable I wanted to use was terminated with SMC, but I'm sure he can do whatever. Really good work and a stand-up guy for sure. No problem recommending his work.

Wow. Awesome job. I checked his profile and he is based in Michigan USA and I am based in Australia (the other end of world) :frowning2: I will try to find local person who might be able to help to achieve the same outcome. Thank you very much for sharing photo. :)

Apr 16, 2016 at 8:24 AM Post #185 of 419

Had the detachable and retermination (for balanced XLR connectivity) mods done for me by Peterek, who has already been recommended to you.  I thought it would still be great to have you see these pics, as another testimony to how great the mods can be:

May 2, 2016 at 9:49 PM Post #186 of 419

Just received these from a fellow Head-fier today!

I didn't know what to expect from people saying that these made music sound so alive even if it wasn't necessarily the most accurate sounding, but wow!

I tried to work while listening but I had to take them off, as they were distracting me way too much from my work!

May 2, 2016 at 9:53 PM Post #188 of 419
  @flippanteer  They sound that good huh?

Honestly the reason may be that these are my highest level of headphones seeing as I'm not too deep into the world of audio yet, but they really do blow the headphones I own out of the water.

May 10, 2016 at 6:43 AM Post #189 of 419
From a few impressions of what I've read, these sound like a better version of the Oppo PM-3, but leak more sound and with ever better bass and highs. Sounds like a winner to me! I loved my PM-3.

May 10, 2016 at 6:57 AM Post #190 of 419
Quote:Which connectors did you have installed by Peterek?
  Had the detachable and retermination (for balanced XLR connectivity) mods done for me by Peterek, who has already been recommended to you.  I thought it would still be great to have you see these pics, as another testimony to how great the mods can be:

May 10, 2016 at 7:56 AM Post #192 of 419
May 10, 2016 at 9:17 AM Post #194 of 419

You realise this change of colour takes 10-20 years right? Will seemed to think close to 20...

In that case, I'll keep the Purple Heart. They look nicer IMHO.  They will be near a window, but they won't get direct sunlight though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back