The Official Massdrop/Fostex TH-X00 Owners' Impressions and Discussions Thread
Sep 9, 2019 at 2:55 AM Post #406 of 419
Did you by chance try the 58X with just the pad swap, before additional mods?

Yes, the Yaxi pads bring the darker tone & warmer feel with slightly more spacious sound. The cups bring the bass and even more space to the sound. And both need EQ for my taste... where stock is okay without EQ. Schiit Loki with 20Hz @ just less than 3:00, 400Hz @ ~11:00, 2kHz and 8kHz @ just under 1:00 (2kHz slightly less) works well.

Oct 9, 2019 at 6:55 AM Post #407 of 419
Currently I own a Mrspeaker Mad Dog headphone which I normally used for EDM music and I need advice on whether should I get a Massdrop TRX00? The Mad Dog is a very good headphone too so not too sure whether they would be offering similar style. Thank you in advance.

Nov 19, 2019 at 3:43 PM Post #408 of 419
I'm in the process of selling my TH-X00 Mahogany and I have the outer box they came in and I have a bubble wrap envelope which encased the headphones. It seems like there should have been an inner box, though I have several Fostex variants that all came in that same bubble wrap envelope. Am I missing a bit of packaging?

Nov 19, 2019 at 5:16 PM Post #410 of 419
Thanks!

Nov 19, 2019 at 10:25 PM Post #411 of 419

Here's the pictures:

i-2zRwcvJ.jpg

i-jxFCKLP.jpg

Nov 19, 2019 at 11:45 PM Post #412 of 419
Thanks a ton! I can see why I didn't recognize it as it looks like parts of a shipping box. That really helps!

Nov 20, 2019 at 5:56 PM Post #413 of 419
Does anyone know of anybody in Canada that can mod my headphones for a removable cable? I have no clue how to do it on my own, so I would definitely like someone to do it for me. Also is there any place to buy cups other then Lawton audio? It's just way out of my price range. The only reason is I have a few scratches on one of my cups/chambers :frowning2:

Nov 20, 2019 at 7:01 PM Post #414 of 419
Also is there any place to buy cups other then Lawton audio? It's just way out of my price range. The only reason is I have a few scratches on one of my cups/chambers :frowning2:

From memory a lot of people replaced theirs with cups from E-MU? (I believe E-MU sold them separately, but only to people who bought the E-MU headphones)

Your best bet might be to find TH-X00 or E-MU owners who have switched out their cups and have a spare pair lying around.

You could even try sanding them down, and re-polishing...dunno if that would effect the sound much (thickness of the walls), but might be worth a try!

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2020 at 1:35 AM Post #415 of 419
I was doing some spring cleaning and I have a NIB set of TH-X00 Mahogony in my closet, due to having to RMA a pair and upgrading to a Ebony while they were in transit.

I was shocked to see how much NIB and used sets of TH-X00s go for these days. Why are they more expensive than a brand new set of Foster TH610s? From the reviews I am reading they are very similar headphones.

Jul 21, 2020 at 8:51 AM Post #416 of 419
They haven't had a Drop on these for a good while. Anybody know if Fostex has discontinued this Massdrop collaberation?

Jul 21, 2020 at 9:43 AM Post #417 of 419
I read in a Drop discussion that they (Drop) would not be selling Fostex anymore. I didn't go through the whole thread, so I don't why they made that decision.

Jul 21, 2020 at 9:59 AM Post #418 of 419
I found it listed on another forum using Drop's official account around November 19th, 2019. Hate to hear it and hate I sold mine, now :

"Just wanted to give people the heads up that the TR-X00 Ebony's are sold out and we have 90 Mahogany and 60 Purplehearts left. We have no replenishment orders in place and no plans to order more. I'm not trying to pressure people into buying them; just want to avoid potential disappointment. "

Jul 21, 2020 at 10:27 AM Post #419 of 419
I found it listed on another forum using Drop's official account around November 19th, 2019. Hate to hear it and hate I sold mine, now :

Wish I caught wind of it. I always wanted a Purpleheart for my collection, if I knew that was the last run I would have snapped it up. Given the prices right now I doubt that's ever going to happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back