The Official JRPG Thread (aka Japanese Role Playing Games)
Aug 4, 2012 at 7:38 AM Post #212 of 1,043
Aug 4, 2012 at 9:34 AM Post #214 of 1,043
Hm... were those translations for ToD DC and ToD2 (Japanese one; not Eternia)?
I've yet to finish ToD DC (beat the original PSX game anyway) nor started ToD2...
Nor did I finish P3 xD gah, that's it, my PS3 shall be blocked for a while.

Aug 4, 2012 at 10:29 AM Post #215 of 1,043
Quote:

Oh cool! Can't wait for the patch to finish!

Quote:
Hm... were those translations for ToD DC and ToD2 (Japanese one; not Eternia)?
I've yet to finish ToD DC (beat the original PSX game anyway) nor started ToD2...
Nor did I finish P3 xD gah, that's it, my PS3 shall be blocked for a while.

Y U NO FISNISH P3?! GO PLAY NAO!!! IMO, P3>P4

Aug 4, 2012 at 9:11 PM Post #216 of 1,043
Haha, you've compelled me. I will go boot up P3 and continue my game :p
I think it was the social links + waiting for the next full moon that was getting to me.

Haven't started P4 yet! and waiting to receive Persona 4 Arena (P4U in my case since my PS3 is japanese)

Aug 4, 2012 at 11:26 PM Post #217 of 1,043
Quote:
Haha, you've compelled me. I will go boot up P3 and continue my game :p
I think it was the social links + waiting for the next full moon that was getting to me.

Haven't started P4 yet! and waiting to receive Persona 4 Arena (P4U in my case since my PS3 is japanese)

If you have put the game on hiatus for some time, I'd recommend playing all over again while following a full social link guide or something

P4 is cool, but I'm a city boy, so I like the modern setting of it. Plus P3 girls>>>O4 girls LOL!

Thought of getting P4A/U but I'm not into fighting games...sigh

Aug 4, 2012 at 11:46 PM Post #218 of 1,043
Quote:

If you have put the game on hiatus for some time, I'd recommend playing all over again while following a full social link guide or something

P4 is cool, but I'm a city boy, so I like the modern setting of it. Plus P3 girls>>>O4 girls LOL!

Thought of getting P4A/U but I'm not into fighting games...sigh

If you do get it, I'll play with you when our times match!
I'm not that good nor that into fighting games either...

Yeah, it's been on hiatus for quite some time. I'll just have to get back on a reassess the situation. Used a social link guide since a bit into the game, but I'm somewhat up to date (missed some timed events but eh...)
I don't dislike the P4 girls so dunno what to say. The P3 ones are nice though, no doubt! Protagonist is awesome too! Those earphones are real ones too! Audio-Technica :p

Aug 5, 2012 at 12:09 AM Post #219 of 1,043
I don't like fighting games because my fingers get tired really quick

Cool! Didn't notice it until you pointed that out. Go Go!!! Well, anyway, gonna get P4 for the Vita anyway. If only there's a limited edition P4 Vita on sell, then a definite buy. I know there's a faceplate for the Vita. Oh and I forgot about one thing. I tried to play PSO but got into a few errors. I can understand that I can't create a character based on my login ID (pity), but got that sorted out, then there is another error...

Aug 5, 2012 at 2:18 AM Post #220 of 1,043
Quote:
I don't like fighting games because my fingers get tired really quick

Cool! Didn't notice it until you pointed that out. Go Go!!! Well, anyway, gonna get P4 for the Vita anyway. If only there's a limited edition P4 Vita on sell, then a definite buy. I know there's a faceplate for the Vita. Oh and I forgot about one thing. I tried to play PSO but got into a few errors. I can understand that I can't create a character based on my login ID (pity), but got that sorted out, then there is another error...

Aw that's too bad :< I actually haven't played the game for a while too, busy doing this and that, and how I couldn't proceed in my missions (and thus storyline) since I couldn't find the boss drop + beat the boss in time.
There were issues with the ships/servers not supporting anymore character creation, perhaps that's what you ran into. I could not have created more characters due to that same reason.

Ah so you have a vita! nice nice, so if you're planning on buying these games I suppose you can read Japanese, or at least to some extent?
Since I already have P4 for PS2 since release I can't warrant buying P4Golden (would need a VITA for that too) :/

And back from playing a bit of P3 again... man, just remembered how I absolutely love how Akihiko is so afraid of Mitsuru lol. And his persona is weak to ice at that xP

Aug 5, 2012 at 12:04 PM Post #221 of 1,043
Quote:
Aw that's too bad :< I actually haven't played the game for a while too, busy doing this and that, and how I couldn't proceed in my missions (and thus storyline) since I couldn't find the boss drop + beat the boss in time.
There were issues with the ships/servers not supporting anymore character creation, perhaps that's what you ran into. I could not have created more characters due to that same reason.

Ah so you have a vita! nice nice, so if you're planning on buying these games I suppose you can read Japanese, or at least to some extent?
Since I already have P4 for PS2 since release I can't warrant buying P4Golden (would need a VITA for that too) :/

And back from playing a bit of P3 again... man, just remembered how I absolutely love how Akihiko is so afraid of Mitsuru lol. And his persona is weak to ice at that xP

I know right...feels so left out LOL. Don't remember how long to finish a boss, 1 month was it? But for P3, it is one month. Just stop social linking and go grab your sword and bust some shadows' @ss!

Really? Not sure... but probably will try again. Since that error, I deleted the game... Gonna have to re-download it then

Oh no no no..I typed that wrongly. I don't have a Vita-as of now- but I do plan on getting one, especially BEFORE a slim version comes out. Because my PS family is all PHAT version. Plus if there is a P4G Vita version (there's a Miku version, but I'm no fan of her), then I'm sold

BTW, have you watched Persona Trinity Soul?

Akihiko is in there!

Aug 5, 2012 at 6:36 PM Post #222 of 1,043
I might have to get myself a VITA... I REALLY want to buy the Ys 25th anniversary bundle with Ys Celceta.
That would set me back 400$ Dx...

Oh and the first paragraph I wrote was about PSO2, many of my missions are are to complete specific fields within X minutes, including the boss. Just can't manage to do it, and if you aren't soloing it, there would often be 2 boss or stronger boss anyway to balance.

Yup, watched Trinity Soul. To be honest I don't remember much of it... lol

Aug 5, 2012 at 10:31 PM Post #223 of 1,043
Funny that you bring up Ys, since I bought Origin and The Oath in Felghana during the Steam summer sale.

Unfortunately, there's still a lot of missing entries in the series in the Steam library, or any other PC digital distribution service for that matter, and a lot of the PSP Falcom releases tend not to get localized. (We're already lucky enough to get Sora no Kiseki FC/Trails in the Sky in the first place...)

Aug 5, 2012 at 10:51 PM Post #224 of 1,043
So I went and bought Xenosaga III for the PS2. I remembered it being a pretty good game, and I'm in need of an RPG right now anyways.

Id get the other two, but I really hated XSII. That battle system was horrible.

Aug 5, 2012 at 11:47 PM Post #225 of 1,043
Quote:
Funny that you bring up Ys, since I bought Origin and The Oath in Felghana during the Steam summer sale.

Unfortunately, there's still a lot of missing entries in the series in the Steam library, or any other PC digital distribution service for that matter, and a lot of the PSP Falcom releases tend not to get localized. (We're already lucky enough to get Sora no Kiseki FC/Trails in the Sky in the first place...)

Yea... though I'm glad Falcom offers international shipping at the shipping rate given by EMS. Send them a email to get a quote, or to buy.
Naturally for an English release we'd probably have to wait a really long time till Sora no Kiseki SC comes out, and all the other ones after. Assuming Zero no Kiseki will eventually be localized too, that would be depending if the localization company will decide to skip Sora no Kiseki the3rd. There's a few characters from which you'll meet again in Zero/Ao no Kiseki, but not sure how important the3rd is in terms of the canonical storyline. That is the only one out of all these mentions that I have yet to touch at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back