The Official JRPG Thread (aka Japanese Role Playing Games)
Aug 27, 2012 at 7:51 PM Post #241 of 1,043
@graph: lol sorry I didn't reply regarding the P4G bundle in the other thread, since I already saw you post it here. To be honest, I'm not sure I would warrant myself buying P4G if I get a VITA, simply because I've bought P4 on release (in fact I preordered it and have the North American artbook with it). Though I wouldn't be able to play PS2 on the go... :S
They should probably sell some glasses too! haha. Evangelion has made some, and they frankly look quite nice. Then again Evangelion has a bit of everything...

@Renari: Ar Tonelico!!
Which one was your favorite? Mine is probably the first game, although it's indeed somewhat lacking comparing to the two other titles.

Aug 28, 2012 at 3:47 AM Post #243 of 1,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@Renari: Ar Tonelico!!
Which one was your favorite? Mine is probably the first game, although it's indeed somewhat lacking comparing to the two other titles.

I don't thing I can really pin anyone one better than the others, I liked them all quite a bit. I have this thing where I'm bad at making decisions when I feel it's going to hurt someones feelings and this was a common problem I had in all of the games. I've actually yet to play Qoga and it looks just as good as the last two. 

Aug 28, 2012 at 7:30 AM Post #244 of 1,043
Quote:
@graph: lol sorry I didn't reply regarding the P4G bundle in the other thread, since I already saw you post it here. To be honest, I'm not sure I would warrant myself buying P4G if I get a VITA, simply because I've bought P4 on release (in fact I preordered it and have the North American artbook with it). Though I wouldn't be able to play PS2 on the go... :S
They should probably sell some glasses too! haha. Evangelion has made some, and they frankly look quite nice. Then again Evangelion has a bit of everything...

That's OK. Just can't contain my excitement over the release :D
Lucky you...since I'm living in third world country, pirating's a norm. So this is my chance to redeem myself LOL. There are a few add on scenes like they go skiing (Kuma goes to the real world!) and some improved graphics. Not sure if it is enough to be a rebuy or anything, but I just love the P4. That would look cool...though they wear pretty generic glasses so...(BTW, I remember K-On releasing their own set of glasses). Yeah, Evangelion is like a legend so it comes to no surprise. They even have their own phone and watch!

Off-note : Did IcedTea(not sure much about his name, check back in the anime thread) PM you? He wants to find a P4Arena player

LOL!
Good thing I have only one account. I don't have the urge to get another account since I don't download much demos or full games. I tend to buy them in hard copy

Aug 28, 2012 at 7:58 AM Post #245 of 1,043
I bought FFVII on my original account, which I lost the information and email for. It wasn't until very recently that I remembered the email address. By then, I had already made another PSN account which I have almost everything on. :rolleyes:

So mad that Sony won't allow for at least 2 accounts on the Vita.

I do own a physical copy of FFVII, and I can also play it on my PSP, but I rather play on the Vita! :frowning2:

Oh, I realized Suikoden is also on that account. Sigh...

Aug 28, 2012 at 11:25 AM Post #246 of 1,043
Quote:
I don't thing I can really pin anyone one better than the others, I liked them all quite a bit. I have this thing where I'm bad at making decisions when I feel it's going to hurt someones feelings and this was a common problem I had in all of the games. I've actually yet to play Qoga and it looks just as good as the last two. 

Well, it gets weirder and weirder each game IMO. Still liked them all very much. Qoga does manage to tie the whole trilogy together and pull a nice ending, so that's always a HUGE plus!

Quote:

That's OK. Just can't contain my excitement over the release :D
Lucky you...since I'm living in third world country, pirating's a norm. So this is my chance to redeem myself LOL. There are a few add on scenes like they go skiing (Kuma goes to the real world!) and some improved graphics. Not sure if it is enough to be a rebuy or anything, but I just love the P4. That would look cool...though they wear pretty generic glasses so...(BTW, I remember K-On releasing their own set of glasses). Yeah, Evangelion is like a legend so it comes to no surprise. They even have their own phone and watch!

Off-note : Did IcedTea(not sure much about his name, check back in the anime thread) PM you? He wants to find a P4Arena player

LOL!
Good thing I have only one account. I don't have the urge to get another account since I don't download much demos or full games. I tend to buy them in hard copy

xD well the amount of cash I flushed into games, I'm sure I could have bought a summit-fi or two.
Yeah Evangelion phone was really nice... the best one though was the Gundam one! Comes with a awesome charging dock. Man, what I would do to get one...
And yes, he did PM me :wink: looking forward to playing with him!

Aye... I have PSN issues of my own. My actual PSN is Japanese (so is my PS3, but alas), so getting PSN card/points are kind of a hassle and very expensive, not to mention the prices on the Japanese PSN in terms of DLCs seem to be higher overall, especially considering the current exchange rates :<
Which means if I buy games here I won't have a PSN to get DLCs >_<;; I can manage with multiple accounts (brother's or friends') on the PS3 but I'm not sure if the VITA can do that.

Aug 28, 2012 at 10:28 PM Post #249 of 1,043
Quote:
Thanks for the clarification!
And, any experience with successful remote play? xD

I think you have to reset the Vita so that it can accept another PSN I think

Has the Vita already have this function enabled? I know it has or will have but not sure if it's already? What game supports it ATM?

Aug 28, 2012 at 10:50 PM Post #250 of 1,043
From some of the searched online, it seems there's VERY little number of titles that support that.
The ones that do... are terribly not my cup of tea. And surely not jRPG :<

Otherwise, supposedly PSone titles can all be remote play'd... or something.

Aug 28, 2012 at 11:19 PM Post #251 of 1,043
Quote:
From some of the searched online, it seems there's VERY little number of titles that support that.
The ones that do... are terribly not my cup of tea. And surely not jRPG :<

Otherwise, supposedly PSone titles can all be remote play'd... or something.

I doubt that since not even with the latest Vita update that's supposedly able to finally play PSone classics aren't that complete. You have to transfer from the PS# some of the other PSone classics

Aug 28, 2012 at 11:28 PM Post #253 of 1,043
Remote Play was terrible on the PSP. Laggy as hell, and the graphical fidelity was severely lacking. I don't have much high hopes for it being much better on the Vita.

Aug 31, 2012 at 7:05 PM Post #255 of 1,043
i'm still working on a complete us ps1 rpg collection, there are about 81 give or take releases and im about halfway maybe, i stopped counting years ago, got most of the expensive ones out of the way, tactics ogre i think is the only rpg i need that costs more than 35, it goes for around 75-80

ps1 has the best rpg library of any system save maybe snes, ps2 had some good ones also, mostly atlus titles but everything else seemed mediocre to me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back