The Official Horror game Thread!! Lets put those headphones to good use!
May 9, 2012 at 1:22 AM Post #136 of 354
I like this pic...

May 9, 2012 at 1:26 AM Post #137 of 354
Quote:
 Been looking into the FEAR series, but have heard they aren't too scary (then again, opinions have incredible variance in regards to this genre it seems).

The FEAR games aren't really scary, but I enjoy them. 

May 9, 2012 at 3:48 AM Post #138 of 354
I played the Amnesia Demo with my cousin and i don't get how people can play these games! NTM it was pretty hard....
redface.gif

[quote name="Negakinu"]The Tunnel The Descent[/quote]
The Tunnel, i donated and received a frame of the movie, but don't know what to do with it. Need to go back and get a close up of that monster....The Descent - probably my favorite horror movie, film buffs will laugh because it's not that old?

May 9, 2012 at 8:14 AM Post #139 of 354
Quote:
Ah, a genre I've always had great interest in. Unfortunately, I've only played both Condemned and Dead Space games. But even those are nice departure from ordinary games. While not terribly frightening, they were good at keeping me on the edge of my chair. Like all games dubbed as scary, I find it most effective to play late at night with no lights, headphones on. Been looking into the FEAR series, but have heard they aren't too scary (then again, opinions have incredible variance in regards to this genre it seems). I also tried to get Amnesia, but it seems my computer doesn't want to make it work, sadly.

I will admit though, the scariest game moment I've ever had was from Mirror's Edge. No joke.

If you like condemned criminal origins you will like fear my friend, I have got every fear game that was released,i bought them after i played condemned and wanted more of the same and checked out monolith/day1 studios website and found fear and haven't looked back since!

May 30, 2012 at 9:22 AM Post #141 of 354
I just got alan wake the one with the soundtrack and postcards and stuff..It's a bit like stephen king doing a silent hill! p.s I just wish they would start bringing silent hill games back out on the pc again..

Jun 5, 2012 at 9:10 AM Post #142 of 354
I really enjoyed Alan Wake.  Lots of flavor from Twin Peaks and Stephen King - really great at creating atmosphere and keeping you in the moment.  Be sure to play the DLC parts too - the main game itself ends in a fairly unsatisfying fashion, but the two short DLC packs button it up more nicely.  AW also has a fantastic soundtrack - listen to it at work all the time.

Amnesia is included in the current Humble Indie Bundle for those that have been on the fence.  I've definitely been tempted to play that one, but I'm a bit of a scaredy cat, so unsure.  I was effed up for months after watching The Ring!  
beyersmile.png

I've also been thinking about going back and playing through F.E.A.R.  I know it's not pure horror, but it was definitely creepy in places and had some good jump scares.  I'd only played about a third of the way through it.

Did anyone mention the old Aliens vs Predator PC games (1 & 2)?  Those definitely had some good scary parts to them.

Jun 5, 2012 at 3:52 PM Post #144 of 354
What´s the best horror game for Xbox 360 right now???
Was looking into it a while ago and ended up with Alan Wake. While I loved the atmosphere and the graphics at times, all in all it was not very scary at all since the whole game repeated itself over and over and over again. Still worth a try though.

Jun 5, 2012 at 3:55 PM Post #145 of 354
Quote:
What´s the best horror game for Xbox 360 right now???
Was looking into it a while ago and ended up with Alan Wake. While I loved the atmosphere and the graphics at times, all in all it was not very scary at all since the whole game repeated itself over and over and over again. Still worth a try though.

I agree it's a good game but not a patch on the first silent hill or resident evil archives!

Jun 9, 2012 at 2:04 PM Post #147 of 354
I can't for the life of me take horror games seriously on the wii.
Game itself wise: Penumbra is a very awesome game, and the ending always makes me shiver.

As for "House of Dead," I haven't tried it but it does not look too scary to me. Reminds me of Zombieland. More of a comedy than horror

Jun 9, 2012 at 2:37 PM Post #148 of 354
Quote:
I can't for the life of me take horror games seriously on the wii.
Game itself wise: Penumbra is a very awesome game, and the ending always makes me shiver.

As for "House of Dead," I haven't tried it but it does not look too scary to me. Reminds me of Zombieland. More of a comedy than horror

Will the penumbra collection work on a windows7 pc? p.s house of the dead overkill is a good game and i am glad i bought it now, the swearings gone a bit overboard though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back