The Official Grado 325e Owners Club!
Sep 2, 2019 at 5:16 PM Post #287 of 312
@trellus Of course.

At first, I just used my thumb to spread the silicon around but that was a mistake, it just spread unevenly. Instead, I used a business card.

Spead a bunch of it on the foam, then use the business card and move it on top, that will spread it evenly but make sure you add plenty of sealant. Some of the silicon will spread outside, using the card will trim the sides perfect.

As I mentioned before, test to see how much of the cushion you want to cover first. Test with black tape or whatever you have.

Jun 12, 2020 at 2:23 PM Post #289 of 312
I have a question: what are the real sound differences between the rs2e grado and the sr325e?
is the rs2e superior to the sr325e?

I find that the RS2e is smoother throughout the spectrum, although especially up top;
and it has a bit more bass.

On better recordings, I also find that the RS2e has better depth and spatial characteristics.

It would be easy to say more, but IMO this represents the sum and substance.

Jun 12, 2020 at 6:58 PM Post #291 of 312
does rs2 have less detail than the 325e?

To my ears, the RS2e's are somewhat more refined in their sound.

While this is more apparent when listening to music that's more subtle -
e.g. in classical Vivaldi's Four Seasons or Bach's Concerto for Two Violins,
it's similarly evident in music often termed "Americana" where one has a tight mix of banjo,
pedal steel guitar, dulcimer, guitar, and piano (or similar and related instruments).

A good example IMO is on the album If We Can't Trust the Doctors by Blanche,
which is very nicely recorded as well.
Also on The Sun Awakens by Six Organs of Admittance which includes some quite
complex acoustic and electric guitar (among other instruments and vox) -
and where there are many harmonics and transients in the mix.

The difference in detail between the two headphones is not going to hit you over
the head; nor would one be continuously aware of it - rather, I find it subtle but there.

Lastly, I guess, one must factor in (or out) the difference in sonic presentation between
the aluminium earcups of the 325e's and the mahogany earcups of the RS2e's.

Jul 9, 2020 at 4:58 AM Post #293 of 312
what kind of presentation does rs2 have compared to 325e.
what kind of presentation does rs2 have compared to 325e.

I own a 325e since about one year. After many trials with different headphones and IEM‘s (Sennheiser Momentum, Sennheiser ie80s; Ultrasone Edition M, Ultrasone IQ...) it was (and still is) the 1st headphone which satisfied me! I use it at home on a combination of Chord Mojo/ Poly paired with a Lehmann Audio Drachenfels headphone amp- my genres are classical, jazz, pop and rock. I love the natural, wide open sound with lots of details- and especially the wonderful voices. End of last year I upgraded wit a Grado GH4. Especially for classical and jazz this is a bit more detailed and the instruments are placed a bit clearer in the room. But still the SR325e is great and I use them both.
But I digress... what do you mean wit „presentation“? How they are delivered? As far as I know all Grados come in simple „pizza boxes“- just the headphone with an adapter plug...

Jul 9, 2020 at 5:11 AM Post #294 of 312
I own a 325e since about one year. After many trials with different headphones and IEM‘s (Sennheiser Momentum, Sennheiser ie80s; Ultrasone Edition M, Ultrasone IQ...) it was (and still is) the 1st headphone which satisfied me! I use it at home on a combination of Chord Mojo/ Poly paired with a Lehmann Audio Drachenfels headphone amp- my genres are classical, jazz, pop and rock. I love the natural, wide open sound with lots of details- and especially the wonderful voices. End of last year I upgraded wit a Grado GH4. Especially for classical and jazz this is a bit more detailed and the instruments are placed a bit clearer in the room. But still the SR325e is great and I use them both.
But I digress... what do you mean wit „presentation“? How they are delivered? As far as I know all Grados come in simple „pizza boxes“- just the headphone with an adapter plug...
Sorry I meant the rs2 is actually higher than the 325e in terms of sound?

Jul 9, 2020 at 5:26 AM Post #295 of 312
Sorry I meant the rs2 is actually higher than the 325e in terms of sound?
Honestly I just have the comparison between SR325e and GH4 (from the limited Heritage series which is somewhere between the RS2 and the PS500) so I can just say that the SR325e is for me a wonderful headphone but can’t say which one is on the higher level. I think, sound is a question of taste and you should test both (for a longer time) to see, which one is more of your taste and maybe better fits with your genres.

Nov 8, 2020 at 10:30 AM Post #300 of 312
How to upgrade from the 325e? I tried the PS500 and did not notice much difference...The GS1000e maybe?
I heard the high-end models and 325e is it. It's the top. Higher-end stuff is either made of wood and sounds abit wonky out of G-cush or doesn't really surpass fidelity of 325.

Still, 325 isn't for those sensitive to upper-mids. It gets quite intense there, but also so much details comes out of there. And 325 is not just too emphasized there, but atually does output legitimate details, alot of details. For some it can be ovwrwhelming.

It does put out lots of legitimate details, but the balance is the issue.

So, if you are a detail freak, I'd give 325 a try.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back